Kiwi

Miracle We Met

It's been days like this. The mornings has been eventful in Son household. Seeing Dahyun is still not in her 100% condition to get back to work, she has made it her absolute task to feed the family.

She wanted to keep moving to keep her out of her depression, think about her real family but Sana wouldn't allow it.

Not when she asked her the dumbest question the previous day,

 


"Wait.. your Japanese??", Dahyun half yelled sorting the mails that came. Reading a promotional insurance letter addressed to 'Minatozaki' Sana. Her question shocked Sana who was relaxed on the couch sipping her tea. She gave her the most disapproving look ever as an answer.

 


"Come on kids! Hurry up or the food will get cold", yelled Dahyun to the two kids slowly making their way down the stairs, clothes ready for school. Sana with eyebrows furrowed took a seat, grabbing a chopstick. She was also already in her work clothes. Today, rocking a pencil skirt and she let down her hair in one side of her shoulder.


"Hey, hey. Good morning", Dahyun greeted to little Hana picking her up and putting her down on her chair, "you ready for breakfast?" she said poking her sides making her chuckle and letting out a soft, Daddddd


Daehyun on the other hand, took his time. Dragging himself with a disapproved face and sitting down.
"Hey cheer up. It's breakfast! One of God's gi-",


" gift!"  " gift..",

both the two children finished. Hana chuckling and Daehyun still with his disinterested look.

"ugh.. We know, you repeat it all the time" he grumbled stabbing the poor scrambled Egg before taking a bite.


Dahyun smiled leaning against the across the table, she chuckled before ruffling Daehyun's hair making him furthermore grumbling, but not exactly stopping his dad from doing it.


Sana watched the scene with wide eye. Silently looking and admiring the new persona her husband was giving. She gave a little smile, so little that only herself could see it before endulging her breakfast.

 

 

 

 

Hours after the family members left the house for school and work respectively, Dahyun looked around the house. She had spent the time cleaning and vacuuming the whole house not missing a single spot. She had taken a shower and went to the walk in closet. She was trying to look for comfortable t-shirts to leave the house but Son Seungwan only had button up shirts. So she just grabbed whatever was near and put them on.


She turned her head once more looking around the spotless living room, patting the non-existent wrinkle on her pants ready to leave the house. She had planned this for days. She would go to Momo, apologize for freaking out on her and be friends with her.


If that's the only way I get to be near her, then so be it.


Going through the door she opened it roughly with a happy heart but was greeted with a suprised women looking back at her.


"Seungwan!", came a bear hug shocking her and pushing her a bit backwards further into the house.


"M - mom.." Dahyun was straight up confused but still pat the old women's back. Eyes on Sooyoung who's focus was on her phone as she just went into the house. Not caring about manners at all. She made herself at home as she opened the fridge looking for refreshments for herself while chewing on a gum like the brat she is.


"How are you feeling dear??" Mrs Song asked loudly face cupping Seungwan's face turning it sideways, looking for injuries, "Have you been eating well, is Sana not taking care of you well if she hasn't been doing her duties as your wife properly, I swear I wi",


"I'm fine mom", Dahyun said putting her own hand above the hand on her face cupping it and smiling warmly. "Have a seat. I'll get you some tea"


Mouth agape she looked at her retreating son going into the kitchen. She slumped on the couch eyes still looking at him.


When Dahyun got to the kitchen, Sooyoung was following her every move, eyes wide, mirroring her mother.


Sooyoung was blocking her path to get to the boiler so she gave a her a nudge with a soft, 'get out of the way'


That had tripled the effect of shock on Sooyoung's face.


After making a glass of tea, she brought it to the living room. Putting it down on the coffee table, in front of her supposed mother.


"Oh! Seungwan look what I got", she exclaimed clapping both her hands "I got you a box of the tiger's testicle I got you before, remember? I'm not gonna lie this had cost fortune but if you drink this every night, you'll get back on your feet in no time!", she yelled with a laugh hands on her heart oh so dramatic.


Dahyun internally shivered thinking about that thing going down again but masked it off with a smile.


" Why don't you ever buy me those things.. ", mumbled Sooyong one hand on her chin. "It's always Seungwan who gets the expensive good stuff!"


"Well, Seungwan had given me grandkids and allowence. All you've given me is a headache", Mrs Song said face clearly shows that she has had this fight with her daughter countless of times.


"Oh! Is it grandkids you want?? Then I'll go make one! Haha! I recently dated the actor Park Seo Joon!" 


"I'm so sorry for him.."


Sooyoung gasped realising the shade thrown by her mother and yelled, "Hey, I'm a catch!"


Both continued to bicker and Dahyun was stuck between those two. The yellings made them not hear the sound of pass code being keyed for the door, indicating that someone is coming home.


Sana entered the house putting down her shoes neatly and into her house slippers, face clearly amazed to see the scene in front of her.
Dahyun somehow noticed the new prescene and when they met eyes, she smiled.


"Welcome home", she said still with the biggest smile ever. Sana stunned tried to cover her blush with focusing the actions of her in laws.


A gasp broke out from Mrs Son, "You!" she shoved Sooyoung to the side after choking her while they bickered. "You haven't taken care of my Seungwan well, haven't you?! He's much thinner than before! If I had known you were this worthless, I wouldn't have agreed for you to have a job! When you asked my permission to work at the supermarket, claiming you want a 'job'. Well you have one! Your job is to take care of my son and my grandkids! If even that simple task you can't - "


" Mom enough. ", Dahyun said not having any of this crap today. She stood up and went in between her mother and Sana. Standing in front of her protecting for her mother's wrath.

" Please don't speak to her like that. She's my wife, show her some respect. " Dahyun said with a serious face hands covering Sana in a protective manner. "I know I'm your son, but she is my - wife. She's your family too, please be more nicer to her", she sighed couldn't keep it in ending her statement with a little smile to her mother.

 

Mouth opening and closing, like they wanted to say something but nothing came out. The Sons were all so baffled to see a new scene unfolding. Sana looked at her husband from behind, her heart getting some butterflies flutters but trying hard to not let it show.


Not receiving any response, Dahyun turned to Sana and gave a soft smile, "Why don't you clean up and I'll make some dinner. We can eat with my mom and sister togather before they leave" Sana still suprised looked up to soft brown eyes and a gentle smile. She nodded and went into the direction of the master bedroom.


"You even have him cooking for you now ??", asked Mrs Son roughly grabbing Sana's hand before she could pass her.


"Mom.."


"Yes, yes my dear - I'll be nice.. " ended Mrs Son with a forced chuckle letting go her grip on her daughter in law's wrist.

 

 

 

 

Both of them engulfed in an awkward silence. Tension in the air as Dahyun washes the dishes and Sana cleans up the dining table. She had forced Sana to take a rest in their room, or even relax, watch some TV but Sana was not having any of that and said she wanted to help. The two girls had taken their leave after lunch mentioning something about having to meet a 'Chinese Doctor who specializes in tadpole medicine' and for Sooyoumg, something about 'making plenty of grandkids'? 

With dirty dishes in hand, Sana walked slowly towards her husband to the sink. Dahyun jumped noticing her prescene and scotted a little for Sana to dump all the dish, "Thank you"


Sana nodded and left her side.

 


After a few scrubs and splashes, Dahyun was finally done. When she turned from the sink she expected to be alone. But Sana was there sitting on the bar stool chair, silently waiting.


"Oh. I thought you -"


"We need to talk", Sana stopped her


"Sure! Sure, anything you need" Dahyun exclaimed wiping her hand on her 'y Chef' apron.


"I wanted to continue where we left off" Sana said after a long silence.


Dahyun face shocked not exactly understanding what she's talking about.


Sana sighed at her husband's confused face before continuing, "The day before your accident, we had a talk. I know the new you right now won't remember what exactly we talked about but that doesn't change anything. I know the new you is confused and scared but I was scarred by you." Sana spoke voice cold and eyes deep and a little wavering with emotion, "I want a divorce."


Dahyun's heart skipped a beat.

Mouth now slightly agape, she was not expecting this.

She tried to say something, control the man the hurt the girl infornt of her to fix it but she just couldn't move.


Sana looked down to her own clasped hand, "I've asked you this countless of times before and you would always push me away. You'd either rip the divorce documents in front of me. Or you'd laughed at me, crumbled it and throw it at me. But I would always come back with a new one. I want my kids to be safe and happy" Sana mumbled before looking up straight into her husband's eyes "and you're not that"


Dahyun took a moment looking at the women in front of her. She looked so vulnerable and broken and had her let our a shaky breath she didn't even knew she was holding.

 


Is this me right now? Breaking and ruining everyone around me?

 


She thought thinking how Momo had looked the other day she visited. And now Sana. She was starting to warm up to her. Hoping to be friends with her.

 

Now, this?


"OK" Dahyun mumbled looking down her indoor slippers. Sana thought she her heard wrong. With eyes wide she thought she was hearing something else.


"I'll sign the papers if that's what you want" Dahyun said face in pain but she gave her a smile to fake it. "It's the least i could do for you to repay for what the he did" Dahyun mumbled.

Sana was slightly shocked about the 'he' in the statement but decided not to dwell into it.

 

 

 

 

The moon had showed itself shining brightly towards the window. Both of them had moved into the bedroom after the talk. Agreeing that they'd give it some time, letting him heal first before actually ending it. Saying something about it will literally rip Mrs Son's heart out if they went with it immediately. With Seungwan's still not capable of going back to work.


Sana was busy applying lotion on her face on her makeup table - giving a soft tap to massage the lotion. She looked through the reflection seeing Seungwan laying on the bed, hands clasped on his stomach focusing on the moon.

Seungwan was just staring at pure nothing but mind thinking about the previous conversation. It hurts to see that somehow Sana was the cause of that discomfort on his face but just shook it off.


Sana stood up grabbing something from the drawer and went to walk to him.


"Here" Sana said softly pushing a book to Seungwan.


Dahyun looked up at immediately pushed her body to sit up on the bed to take whatever she was giving
"Whenever you can't sleep you would always try to solve this" she said.


Dahyun then took the book and was immediately dissapointed.

It was a book titled, 'World's Hardest Sudoku: 200 of the world's toughest sudoku puzzle'.


Dahyun gave a forced smile and chuckle.


She inspected it a little before refocusing on Sana. She was done with her routine and already laid down on her own bed.

 

Already facing the other way from her.


"Did we never talk?"


"Hm?"


"I mean.. If I couldn't sleep - wouldn't it be better if we just talked about everything and nothing untill one of us doze off?" Dahyun pondered a loud gently.

She had to ask because that was exactly how her and Momo would deal with trouble falling asleep.

They would talk about their day, how much they loved each other, ridiculous questions like, 'if you come out the shower clean, then how does your towel get dirty'.

 


"We never really talk" she let out softly.


Dahyun looked at her back turned away from her. She couldn't really see her face but she knows it's just filled with sadness.

She hastily put the book on her bedside table and went to lay on the bed. This time her front was facing Sana's bed. Her hand tucked below her head.


"How was your day?"


Eyes wide, Sana's heart slightly picked up. She let out a shaky breath. Not really sure what action she should take after this.


So she did the next thing she would thought is right.

She turned.

Now face facing her husband's bed, hand also tucked below her head, mirroring his action.


"It was fine" she said eyes looking at him
Dahyun gave her a big smile appreciating this small respond.


"Can I ask you something?" Dahyun countered gently eyes not leaving her's. 


Sana gave a slight nod.


"How.. How did we fell in love?"


Sana silently gasp eyes slightly wide. She never took her eyes of Seungwan. She took a few breath before answering,


"Music. I have always loved music ever since I was little. My parents would always turn them on and danced togather in our kitchen back in Japan. I was in high school where I was looking around in a vinyl shop searching for my parent's anniversary gift. After I purchased my item I left the store and you chased after me", she said with a small voice and a little smile. That was the first time Dahyun had seen Sana's smile and she was not going to lie.

She loved it and wanted to see more of it. 

 


I wonder how she sound like when she laugh

 


"You gave me a vinyl record with a sticky note with your number stuck onto it. It was sweet. You said you were in high school about to take your college entrance exam and claimed how you're really smart and thinks you'd have a good job in the future as a way to woo me"


Sana sighed and look back straight into him. Face now down.


"And a lot happened and look at you now. You proved me right, with being the youngest branch manager in a bank. Your financially doing well and -"


"I treat you badly" Dahyun mumbled eyes now down sad that he had broken his promise to her.

Sana was shocked that was not what she wanted to say at all.


"I'll make it up to you." Dahyun said eyes now focusing back to Sana's beautiful brown one's. "I'll treat you better from now on. As a friend" she said with a smile.


Sana couldn't help but gave her a small smile too. Feeling warm and sleepy, ready to sleep.
 

 

 

 

 

When Sana had woken up her husband's bed was already empty. She rubbed the sleep in her eye and made her way to get ready for work. When she was fully dressed and ready, she opened the door and saw him sitting in front of the TV watching some random show while munching on a fruit.


"Oh! Good morning." He said cheerfully standing up from the sofa going into the kitchen to grab a lunch box, "When you said you'd have to leave earlier last night because of the morning shift I'd figured you won't have time to eat at home, so I made you a lunch box" he said hovered the purple lunchbox to her. "It's a two stack. One for breakfast and another one for lunch" he said with a smile.


Sana blinked and looked at the meal box on her hand before shifting her focus to the living room table,


"What were you eating?"


"Oh these?" Dahyun asked now moving to the the living room to grab the plate on the table. 


"Just some kiwi I found in the refrigerator. I wanted to have some so I helped myself. Why?"


".. You hate kiwi.." Sana said now looking at Dahyun.
Now dahyun was freaking out. First she didn't knew the names to the people around him, now she needs to learn what are his likes and dislikes??

 

you Seungwan

 


"I did?", Dahyun said now chuckling bitterly, "I  guess me being dead and living again somehow changed my kiwi intolerant I guess. Haha.."


Sana cocked an eyebrow but decided not to meddle further. She went to the door and said her goodbyes before living.


Dahyun slumped down into the couch with a heavy sigh body going limp.


That was nerve wrecking


After a few minutes she grabbed the now empty plate and went to the kitchen to wash it. She focused on scrubbing it with the television noise in the background. She had planned her day already,  inviting Taecyon over so she can learn a bit of about our 'dear Seungwan'. Learning about some allergies so she could know to avoid it. She will be prepped with knowledge and maybe get some fresh air, visit Momo secretly watching her from a far.

 


Not creepily. I'm her wife I have the right to do so. 

 

 

Suddenly she heard it.

 

Before the TV was on a Korean channel watching some show where idols compete each other for lousy gold medals but somehow it changed.

Dahyun froze not daring to look back.

The remote was on the table back in the living room. She couldn't have changed it, no one could.

She was home alone.

She turned around slowly when a scary black figure was directly behind her.
"Don't you have Netflix?" asked Jeongyeon face all up on her space.


As a result from the shock Dahyun yelled and dropped the plate on the sink making it shatter to pieces.


She went to pick it up hastily when the sharp edges cut her and made her bleed, "" 


It was a deep cut, blood was already dripping fast.
But she couldn't care less about the cut.

It was her.

The girl.

The girl who put her in this position in the first place!


"You!", Dahyun yelled turning into her fingers pointing at her but she was already gone.


She poofed back at the living room with popcorn in hand sitting comfortably on the couch. "You gotta help me out man. I need to know if Joe killed Peach or not"


Dahyun mouth slightly agape went to her slightly shaken by the demonic presence in the house.


".. Where did you get that?" Dahyun asked


"Oh, this? The cinema. Duh." she answered face not even looking her way busily munching watching the tv.


"You can go wherever you please and get anything?" She continued clearly not understanding that Jeongyeon want to be left alone with Apink and Exid battling each other in wrestling.

 

Jeongyeon moved her head to look at Dahyun and gave her an eye roll, "Yes, Kim Dahyun.. I can go wherever I want and get whatever I need" she answered boringly.


"Well - I.. Uh. I really want to treat this", she said pointing at her now red and worrying bloody hand, "I'd really would like to do it now. But I don't know where this house keeps its first aid kit -"


Before she could even finish what she was gong to say Jeongyeon already poofed away leaving her popcorn behind. It didn't even took 5 seconds and she was already back. Standing up shoving a big medical box at her before slumping back at the sofa grabbing a handful of popcorn.


Dahyun was amazed her face excited like a kid. She started going to work, opening the kit before enquiring, "Can I also have a phone? Seungwan's was badly broken from the crash and I would like it if - - and the phone is already on my lap. Wow."

It was a new and sealed latest iPhone model.

Jeongyeon gave her the most disinterested face ever still shoving her face with popcorn.

 

 

Hours had passed and Dahyun's hand as already fully bandaged and she was busy setting up the phone when a door chime went off indicating someone had entered.


"Boss man!" yelled a voice


"In here!"


Taecyon made his way onto the living room. Roughly flopping down on the couch next to Jeongyeon making her popcorn slightly shift and making her annoyed. "Oh you got a new phone? Cool. Make sure you add me in it later" he said before looking next to him. Noticing the popcorn alone on the couch. He grabbed it and bent to take the remote on the table changing channel.

 

Jeongyeon was fuming now. She glared at the human showing that she really hate him


Oh who is she kidding he can't see her.


Dahyun face still busy on her new phone, figuring how to get it started.

 


Register icloud? What 

 


Jeongyeon is mad now. So she took her hand up, focusing her energy, making her palm light up and slapped him on the face.


"Ow!" He stumbled sideway on the couch.

Hand clutching on the poor cheek. He looked beside and saw a girl taking the popcorn away from his lap and hugging it tightly. She glared at him and took he remote changing back to the previous channel.

 


Was she there all along? 

 


He decided to ignore her and just sit straight back down. He was getting uncomfortable because she was looking right at him.

Torturing him.

Slowly munching on her popcorn. It's like she could see into his soul.


I mean how could she not hate him? Because of him, now she doesn't know if Bomi or Hani won the wrestling match.

She had all the right to be pissed. 


Taecyon cleared and went to lean into his friend,still absorbed in the small gadget.


"Hey why is she here?" he whispered 


"Mmm?" Dahyun mumbled not really looking up but just answering not to be rude by ignoring him. 


"Is she one of your side chick? Is she looking for a three -" he embarrassingly cleared his throat, "a ? Because I'm really not into that. I'm more of a monogamous type of guy?"


Now that got Dahyun confused, "What?" she looked up face scrunched confused. 


Taecyon giving him the wtf bro face and pointed at Jeongyeon behind his shoulder making sure she wouldn't notice that they were talking about her.


"Wait, you can see her?"


Before Taecyon could answer, Jeongyeon had poofed behind Dahyun standing up bending, pointing at her phone.


That got Taecyon to shriek and rushed backwards further deeper into the sofa.


"Mina said to press here and start filling your information. That should get you started"


".. Who's Mina?" Dahyun asked


"A colleague of mine. She's a tech freak. She's really into human's technology toys"


Taecyon was watching and hearing the interaction. His heart was about to jump out of its chest. He was gasping widely.

He didn't like that she just slapped him.

He didn't like that she just poofed behind Seungwan and he difinitely did not like how Seungwan was not slightly scared by it! 


"Who are you!" Taecyon yelled. Fingers pointing at Jeongyeon and his other hand clutching his cross necklace tightly.


Dahyun looked at her friend and looked at Jeongyeon slightly curios what her next action would be.


Jeongyeon gave a smirk before walking forward to Taecyon hand in front of her,


"Hi, Ok Taecyon. My name is Jeongyeon and I'm the one who took your friend's life"

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

--------

Is it obvious that I hate math with all my heart while you were reading this? This was all me, I just got my result for previous semester and I failed 2 paper - all regarding numbers. So I'm kind of depressed having to repeat all those so I vent it out in this. Writting this makes me happy so hence the amount of updates and long chapters.
I tried to make sure it was entertaining for everyone so I hope you guys enjoyed this one. Do make some requests and if it fits the story I'll put it in!
Your comments make me happy so everytime I get tired writting this out I would reread all your comments and be super charged by it.  That's all from me! Have a great day!