God's Gift

Miracle We Met

"They're on their way here. This is bad. This is so oh so very bad",

"Stop pacing,"

"I will not stop pacing!" Jeongyeon yelled hands flailing around. She rocked a long black coat that went down her long legs. Styled with a leather pants and stylish boots. She's moved to biting on her nails now. She knows her partner Nayeon would be mad of her but who cares. Her job is in the line here.


"Kim Dahyun is on her way here. And if she brings havoc to this household people will talk! And when people talk?? The boss up there will listen!" she yelled with her fingers pointed upwards the sky. Face all up on her other companion but the other not giving any glance her way.

 

"I'd have to start looking for another job.. Do you think Hell has a vacancy? Do you think they still need an eyeball scooper there?"

"Do you really only care about your job?" asked the other person voice calm and small, hands crossed on her chest. Jeongyeon gave her a weird look like she just heard the most insane question she has ever heard.

"Well, duh? I mean what else should I care about? Kim Dahyun is alive. Granted, a bit is kind of different..her - em.. other buddy in her pants but other than that? She's alive. Not to mention she got a body with great financial stability. I think she has everything she could ever ask for?" Jeongyeon said looking straight to her.

 

She sighed and looked straight ahead. An elderly women passing straight through their immortal body. Their presence can't be seen by the eyes of mortal humans.

" What about Momo? "

" Say what now? "

" Hirai Momo. Kim Dahyun's wife. She just lost the love of her life. But now she's actually alive, living with someone else's wife? She would be heartbroken."

"Do you really think I would care about some mortal, Mina?"

Mina looks at her with an expressionles face before poofing away with a single step.

 

 


Dahyun unbuckled herself and went out the car with hurried step. She stumbled a bit rushing out the car making Taecyon a little worried.


" Hey, slow dow- oh you're too far away to hear me", Taecyon sighed looking at his friend's back figure running to the house he was looking for. With heavy step he followed along from behind.

 

Climbing up the stairs he managed to catch up to Seungwan. Taecyon was panting but he was amazed that Seungwan was not fazzed from all the stairs they climbed. He was too busy looking around the house to even notice him standing beside him.


So this is his other wife's house. I wonder if he was cheating behind Sana before the accident. I bet he was, a trash of a friend he is I wouldn't be suprised.


Taecyon pondered in his head. But still Taecyon could not stop feeling a bit off because the house they were standing in front was a bit oh how do they say it nicely? A bit - poor. All the mistress Seungwan had all was a women of class and lived in luxurious houses but this?


A sudden doorbell broke him out of his thought.
"Woah! Woah, dude did you just ring the doorbell?" He said roughly pulling Seungwan's shoulder dragging him back from the door.

"What are you thinking you dumb shoe?? You're not even well! You're in a hospital gown for sake!", he said shaking Seungwan roughly to prove his point. Dahyun doesn't give a crap whatever the dude was saying and honestly it's not even registering to her brain, because while being shook her eyes still focusing on the door.


Please be here


Sudden sound of keys unlocking snapped both of them. Taecyon stopped shaking the poor girl and froze. Fearing for whatever was going to happen.
The door opened and out Momo with a white t-shirt with Dahyun's own favorite checkered pants. Her eyes swollen, a result of days and night crying. Opening the door she stared at the two man, weirdly looking both of them. She took a longer glance at Seungwan because what was that on his face when she opened the door? - longing? Adoration? She was just confused to see why this bulky tall man is strangling this sick guy in front of her door.


"Can I help you", she asked. Voice husky maybe from wailing and not taking care of herself well.


She must not been drinking water enough damn it baby


Dahyun muttered in her head.

She knows how hard it is for her wife to drink water regularly. Often her sickness always comes because of how little water she consume. It was always her job to remind her to get at least a litre of water in her system everyday.

 


"It's not that hard, baby",
"I know it's not! But it just taste so plain and boring. That's why I got myself another grapefruit ade" she said while sipping on her favorite gongcha drink. Seeing her wife's angry face, she put down the drink and went to her side with a pout, giving her a kiss
"Don't be mad Dubu..",she said head leaning on her neck.
"Even your kiss smells like grapefruit now" she grumbled with a smile.
"Mmmm", Momo hummed before leaning up to give another kiss, but this time on the lips.
"You love it"

 

Dahyun cleared and got away from Taecyon's hold. She walked limply to Momo.

"Baby it's me", she said. Taecyon now mouth agape. Momo a bit calm but still eyebrows shows the expression of shocked.

"Momo it's me, Dubu. I died and came back to life  but my body was already gone", she said with a choked sob. The old her could get away with this but now? She's a grown man in a hospital gown weeping. Taecyon's head is not just filled with sirens wishing whatever his friend was spouting would just stop. But Momo? Her face now full on uncomfortable.


"Why did you guys have to burn my body immediately! If not we would still be together. And - and I could take care of you. Have you been eating well? I - is Mihyun ok? Is she still being picked on by that tall boy she hates in her class?", the last part wasn't even registered by any of them both, because he was straight up snorting through her sentences. Tears and snot all over his face.


"Dude, you need to st-",

"No! Momo please. I miss you so mu-"

"Is it funny?" came a sudden icy voice shocking both of them. Momo's expression could not be studied because she was looking at her own feet, her hair curtaining her face.

"Is it fun playing a prank on someone who just lost someone?!" she yelled now looking up. Now they could clearly see her face. Broken and sad. A few tears managed to escape.

"Well?! What are you guys bunch of homophobic that hate that I lost my wife?? Are you here to rub it all in my face?!", Momo yelled at both of them. Dahyun was suprised. She never thought her wife was like this. She was her ball of sunshine and rainbows.


" No, Momo. That's not what I meant"

"Don't! Say. My. Name." she grumbled. Face now filled with anger and pain. Dahyun's heart ache.


Was it me who caused this?


"Please hear me out" She got stopped with Taecyon's hand on her chest pulling her back,

"I'm so sorry. My friend, he is not always like this" he said with a fake chuckle, "you see he just got out from the hospital. We're so sorry for your loss. We'll take our leave now",

"No!" he pushed Taecyon away from his hold. "I'm your wife, Momo. I'm here in this body because when I came back to resurrect, I was already turned into ash! You're my wife and I - I'll prove it to you! You have the most weirdest but adorable sneeze ever and you love late night snacks, especially your favorite jokbal! You - You love paying meals for your friends  even though sometimes your bank account is not even capable for it! You love drawing Pixar cartoons, we watched Toy Story 4 together two times. Once with Mihyun and us and another with just the two of us, yet still said you haven't had enough! You cried when 'You got a friend in me' came on during the intro of the movie, and I made fun of you. But secretly I adored your cuteness and love for cartoons. That's why I bought you stickers of Monster Inc characters so you could put them on your luggage whenever you go back to Japan!" Dahyun was getting desperate now, hands clasping togather begging to be trusted, "Please believe m-"

"Get out", Momo said staring straight at Dahyun.
Taecyon could her the threat in her voice so he pulled on Dahyun's sleeve begging to just leave this place and leave the poor girl alone.

"Momo, pleas-"

"I said get out!", she's now yelling with tears falling down. Fingers pointing to the exit door. 

Taecyon now pulling on Seungwan with force. Leaving with a rush. Dahyun still not satisfied, eyes not leaving her wife begging to be trusted. But all hope is lost so she let herself be dragged by him. Out of sight and away from the complex, she could still Momo leaning on the door frame. Both hands cupped on her face, silently sobbing.

 

 

 

 

"So this is where I live?", Dahyun asked looking upwards at a beautiful luxurious penthouse.


After the dreadful event, Taecyon had taken her to the home the body she's occupying and his wife stayed. It was a next level rich housing - only with people with high income could ever even lay their eyes on such building, let alone stay in it.


Taecyon followed her line of sight and looked up before taking a sip of his pocari sweat.

"Yeah. But honestly speaking? It's just basically the kid's and your wife's house." he said ending it with a bitter chuckle, "You only come by for a new set of clothes or other nights you just spend it at the office or at your mistress's house. Give and take."

"Was I really that trashy?" he said looking down at his face. Face filled with sadness.

Taecyon gave a scoff taking another swig of the drink, "Only the trashiest of them all"

"And you just let me?" Dahyun prompted further.

"What?"

"I mean, as a friend. Shouldn't you at least stop me? I was treating my own wife like someone I can throw away easily"

Taecyon look at her with an amazed face. A bit suprised coming from him. He looked downwards face a bit down.

"I wouldn't really count myself as your friend really." he chuckled before continuing, "At least for me you were mine. You see, I was always below you. In anything - you always thrived before me. Academic, wealth, women - you name it. So you'd always look down on me. Said mean things.. But I stayed. I stayed because I remember during class you would lend me pocket money and stir off bullies for me. I know you only did it because you pitied me but still you were the only one kind enough to help ", he ended with a bitter expression on his face. Smile still plastered to fake his pain.

"I - I'm, sorry."

"What for?"

"For being a douche. "


Taecyon gave a faint smile to him, this time looking more genuine than before.

"That was all in the past. Honestly it's your family you should probably feel bad. You always put work first and them not even on the list I think? I hated how you treated Sana but who am I to say anything , huh?"

Dahyun sighed looking at his hospital slippers.

 

This is hard


"What did I do for a living?"

"Oh, you?! You're a banker and one of the youngest branch manager to ever live! You loved number and numbers loved you"


Fan - ing - tastic.

 

 

 

 

She's staring dumbly at her own reflection in a spacious and wealthy looking toilet. She was supposed to end her shower, brush her teeth and head out for bed. But, now. Now she's stuck. She doesn't exactly know what a 'men mist' does and which tube is the toothpaste exactly? They all look pricey and not really the type you could find in any market.


it


She said taking any tube.

Sana busy applying her skin care routine when Dahyun came in. She was sat on the makeup table in front of their two seperate queen bed. One for her and another one for Seungwan. They exchanged glances in the mirror but both not saying anything. Dahyun cleared and sat on the edge of what she thinks is her bed.

 

".. That's my bed", Sana said slowly eyes not leaving Dahyun's in the reflection.

"Oh! Sorry! I - I kind.. Of forgot?" Dahyun mumbled hand fumbling togather.

 

Sana's face stayed expressionless as she continues back to her routine. But still stealing glances through the mirror looking at her husband's action. He was sitting cross-legged in the middle of his bed, hands still fumbling.


It's like his a whole new person

 

Sana thought.

She got up and that made Dahyun jump from focusing at staring at her own hand. Sana moved to shut the lights off, leaving only their coffee table lamp on. Sana laid on her bed and turned to close that too. With only a little light from the moon, Dahyun could not stop and turn stealing a look at the girl sleeping in the bed next to her's. She had her back turned towards her. She could still see her beautiful back. Dahyun turned back looking at the window.


Sana was not going to lie she could hear the head turning and sheets moving behind her. Her husband never had the greatest posture so she could hear all the bones cracking everytime he tried to look at her behind his shoulder.


After a minute went by of silence and the head turning stopped. Sana wanted to try and finally get some sleep when she heard, ".. Goodnight"


Sana's breathing picked up. She's trying her best to pretend that she had already fallen asleep.
Dahyun took a last peek behind her, thinking for sure she was not going to get a reaction from her new roomate, she got ready to fall into her own slumber.

 

The sound of blender whirring stirred her sleep. She grumbled, hating the morning. She was splayed on the bed. Sleeping like she always had, practically claiming all the space. Well the bed is all her's so why not. Her face stung because the sunlight shone directly on her face


Curse the expensive wide ceiling tall window


She dragged herself out of bed, face filled with sleep and hair all buzzed out like a bird's nest. She got out the master bedroom and was greeted with Sana in a ponytail wearing a beautiful brown one piece. She heard the wooden floor creaked and acknowledged Dahyun's entrance. She stared at her husband a bit uncomfortable looking at him, unkempt.


She broke out of her own stare, directing the plate infront of her.

"Breakfast", she said pushing the plate on the bar table so he could take a seat on the other side on the bar stool. "You made it for me?", Dahyun asked giddily taking a seat looking at Sana.

Sana with eyebrows furrowed, still uncomfortable by the weird question.

Dahyun not getting any answer from her than looked down at her plate.

It.. Was plain.


"This is breakfast?" she mumbled slowly. Secretly hating the fruits and baby Spinach drizzled with chesse on her plate.

Sana heard that and looked at her before saying, "that's the way you like it. You only eat below 1800 calories a day" she said calmly, back towards dahyun on her stool, busy washing the dishes.
Dahyun internally sighed and grabbed a fork to poke the disgusting spinach. She made a face and ate a bite, cringing at the texture. With mouth full she directed a question towards her new roomate, "Have you had breakfast yet?"


Sana silently gasped and froze. She stopped scrubbing the glass, eyes wide not believing what she heard. It was never like this. She would give him his meals, wait for him to finish and did the dishes. Then when  she would leave for her job and got harsh words thrown at her way by him. How he hated that she worked as a lousy customer service staff at a lowly super market. No, it was never this.

Dahyun cleared , secretly wishing that this time she would respond to her.
Sana broke out of her thought and continued scrubbing the glass, "I - I never have time. I need to get myself ready for work and-"

"You have time to prepare my meals but not your own?" Dahyun cut her with a gentle sad voice.

 

Sana was panicking now. This was all so new to her. How is she supposed to respond to that now? Internally battling with her thoughts she didn't notice her husband had gotten up and stood beside her. Dahyun grabbed her wrist gently and turned off the faucet.
"Why don't you get yourself ready for work and I'll make you some breakfast?" she cooed head tilted slightly, hands still grasping her wrist.

Sana's eye went wide, shocked from the gentle treatment she got and shocked to have him so near. Dahyun then looked down to where she stared and immedietly pulled back her own hand like Sana's skin somehow burned her from the touch.

"Um, i- it's just.. Breakfast is God's best gift I would always say", she said with a chuckle, "and how can we afford to skip God's gift am I right? Go on. You'll need all the energy for you to go to work. And from now on, I'll do the cooking now. With me still not capable of going back to work. It's the least I could do for you" Dahyun said nervously focusing at Sana for her reaction. Sana's eyes still wide like it could jump out of its socket nodded dumbly before heading to their shared bedroom. Inside the room she could her skillful knife chopping skills from the kitchen, still shocked now that suddenly her husband who had never done anything for himself his whole life suddenly had amazing kitchen skills. She shook her head and focused on getting ready for the day.

After a few minutes, satisfied with how she looked in the reflection, she turned the knob and went out. She was greeted with a whiff of delicious, aromatic smell coming from the kitchen. She looked at her husband, now rocking an apron that said 'iest Chef' at the front with the most ridiculous font ever. He gave her a grin when he noticed her coming out.


"It's not much but I tried my best", Dahyun said smilling endearingly at Sana.

Sana went to the bar stool where her husband previously sat. She focused on the food on her plate. It was a rice ball and a classic Japanese rolled omelette with a glass of water at the side. She looked up and saw Seungwan still smilling leaning across the table, "Come on. Eat up!" he smiled.


Sana grabbed her chopstick and picked a rice ball up. She took a bit and took her time chewing. When the taste finally registered, she looked back up to him.


"Good right? It's actually just a plain rice ball but when you have it on God's gift time, anything you eat - will taste heavenly" she said gidily.
The rice ball was anything but plain. It was perfectly seasoned, it had the perfect texture. It was.. It was - delicious. Dahyun gave Sana one last smile before turning to wash the utensils she had used,leaving Sana to enjoy her breakfast.
When she was done and fitting her feet to her heels, Dahyun was at the door waiting to send her off. Sana felt uncomfortable. She was waiting for some yelling or cash thrown at her face so she would immediately quit her job, saying that if she stayed home she could have all the money she want but, not this scenario, no. Dahyun was still in her 'iest Chef' apron hands clasped in front of her.
When Sana went to grabbed the door handle to leave and stepped out and before shutting the door, dahyun said,
"Have a good day at work"

 

 

 

------

Another chapter because I wanted to spoil you guys :'3

A long chapter because if I was planning to spoil you then I better do it properly. How was this one you guys? All of you are anticipating dahmo's take. How was it? Did I do well in breaking any of your hearts? And saida was the fluff good? Everytime there's a new comment I would legit be scared to read it. Fearing what you guys think. But the love. My goodness the love :')

Till we meet again. Sike!