Donut

Miracle We Met

"Wow"


Taecyon sighed body weak listening to Jeongyeon's word. She had the kindness to explain exactly what happen with Dahyun looking sheepishly at her seat.

She felt bad for him. He did just lost his friend.


".. So he's-" Taecyon took a breath, "..really gone."
Jeongyeon couldn't help but feel pity for him. He had lost his friend for a while, ready to burn him and to be buried but with some miracle, he lived.

He was ecstatic. But now he's truly, truly gone. "I'm so sorry" breathe Dahyun with a small voice.

She was scared.

She was absolutely terrified.

She wondered if she had the right to comfort him. She was literally no one to him. They never met before this. She doesn't even know anything about him - where he lives, is he dating someone or what he does for a living.


Taecyon looked at Dahyun with a sad face but gave her a little smile to show that he was fine.
"What's your name?"


"Huh?" That got Dahyun to look up from her clasped hand.


"Your name. I should address you properly from now on, right?" he gave a smile that didn't even reach his eye.

".. Kim Dahyun",


"That's a pretty name" he gave her a genuine smile.


Taecyon looked down on his feet and sighed before looking back at Jeongyeon standing near the TV.

"so... Is there a hell and heaven up there?"


Jeongyeon smiled at the question, relieved that Taecyon is accepting this well.


"Well - No , and yes. Most religion got it right but its more like a place called The Good Place and The Bad Place. We have accountants up there totalling all human points. You do good deeds, you get good points - but you do bad things, well - you know the rest. Oh, and also don't forget to not leave an almost empty milk in the fridge and tricking others that it's full. You'd be suprised how much people got into The Bad Place for that" Jeongyeon chuckled at the last part.


"Oh I'm doomed" Taecyon exclaimed recalling back the times where his roomate wanted to have cereal before going to work but when taking out the cold milk from the fridge he literally yelled at him saying,


'Why didn't you just finish it you dip!'


Then proceed to threw the carton at his face.


Jeongyon smiled at him.


"So.. Uh - Where is Seungwan now.." Taecyon asked shakily not knowing whether it is right or not to ask the deity that.

Jeongyeon hummed at the question,


She really shouldn't answer this question but something about him,she just feels bad.


"Well Mina here is an accountant. She's down here to assist me. So maybe she could help" Jeongyeon said looking at the couch right next to where Taecyon was sitting. But when he looked obviously it was empty. It was like Jeongyon was looking at the air.


"Why can't we see Mina?" Dahyun asked.


"Well the trick to see is to be touched by us first - and only then, you can see us. I touched you before when I brought you back to life Dahyun and you Taecyon-"


".. When you slapped me..",


Jeongyeon smirked, "Correct"


"And Mina doesn't like to be seen by the human. She never even does it to save her own life. She would only touch a human if she truly feel a connection with them, which is like - never. Hence, no one has seen her" Jeongyeon smiled at Mina's direction.


Taecyon now body turned to the direction she was staring, proceed to poke at the empty air. Looking like an idiot.


".. What are you doing?"


Poke poke


"Saying hi?"


"No you're fingers are literally going through her body"


Poke poke


"Your fingers are literally in her eye socket now"

Jeongyeon said trying to stop the dumb idiot infront of her.

Mina with her hands crossed on her chest looked extremely displeased.

Granted she couldn't feel it, but she still she didn't liked it.


"Fine. I'll check"


"Mina said she's going to check!"


Now that got Taecyon to pull his finger back.
"Really? She'd do that?"


Jeongyeon nod. After a few second Jeongyeon looked at Mina's direction, nodding at something but clearly nothing because both of Dahyun and Taecyon couldn't hear. She was listening and then her face fell, still nodding to whatever she was saying.


After a few dreadful second of silence, Jeongyeon spoke up,


"He's in the bad place." Both Taecyon and Seungwan sighed looking down. Feeling bad to the man. "But he came close though" Now the both was shocked and focused back on Jeongyeon. Intruiged by her words.


"You see there are certain things that gives you so many good points with certain actions. Like sacrife your life to someone - donating your organs - ya da ya da, the list goes on. But in this situation - dying while doing what's right. Son Seungwan got a lot of good points only from that action. It could've got him into The Good Place, no doubt. But he was also a jerk. He was a bad husband, a ty father. He just did too many bad things to get there.."Jeongyeon said with sad in her voice.


Taecyon nodded.  " But what do you mean dying while doing what's right? He died while driving to his office? " Taecyon wondered to Jeongyeon.

Dahyun now focused awaiting for her answer.


Jeongyeon shifted, looked at Mina before explaining, "he died going to Sangil-Dong"


".. Wait that's not the way to his office.." Taecyon pondered.

He literally had no bussines going there.

Seungwan's office was accross the way he was heading.


Jeongyeon poofed and came back, with documents in hand.


"Here. This was in his car. The car was badly wrecked since it was a massive accident so it was going to be crushed at a junkyard."


Dahyun took the document from her hand observing it. Taecyon came at her shoulder also wanting to have a look.


It was a official profile of Kim Dahyun and also a loan requestment form that she filled the other day.  ".. It's me..? " Dahyun said softly her fingers the picture of her on the document.


"Really?" Taecyon wondered. "Why did he have this?"


"He must've been researching about me. I thought I knew this guy!" Dahyun yelled now standing up. She pointed at her own face, "he's the jerk that got me kicked out the bank! I was there to request for a loan but the system said I already had one and it exceeded my limit - which i didn't and he didn't believe me!" she was fuming now remembering that annoying face.


Jeongyeon walked closer to her attempting to calm her down,  "He was researching about you" Jeongyeon said calmly,  "he died before he got to the bottom of it. "


Dahyun breathing got calm and was taking deep breaths now.


The room was silenced when suddenly Taecyon spoke slowly, if the room wasn't so quiet no one could've heard him,


".. It wasn't an accident," he said looking down. After a while he looked back at both Jeongyeon and Dahyun, "Seungwan was killed."


Dahyun's eyes went wide and she her breath. Her heart was beating wild.

 


Someone wants me dead? 

 


"You could say that, yes" Jeongyeon hummed before continuing, "but the question is what made him got killed?" Jeongyeon questioned looking directly at Dahyun. 


Now she was nervous, "He died investigating me. He found the answer and-"


"You need to go back to work, Kim Dahyun. The answers are all in his PC I'm sure of it."


"How can I?? I don't know anything about numbers - I'm dumb and I can't solve even the simplest math question! He works at a global international bank! I can't even read English!" Dahyun yelled.

Then Jeongyeon moved to the drawer next to the TV pulled a random English book titled, 'Meta-Ethical Philosophy' and threw it at Dahyun.

She was suprised and barely caught it before she could let out her protest about how rude of her to throw a book at her, she was cut by Jeongyeon,


"Read it. Flip a page - any random page"


"I said I can't -"


"Open it", commanded jeongyeon with a scary voice.

Dahyun sighed and did what she was asked for, she took a random page and stared at it.

At first she was disinterested. Of course she couldn't understand any of it. But then all the English words jumped out around the page and immediately translated into Korean.


She can read this!

She can actually understand this!

 

 

While normative ethics addresses such questions as "What should I do?", evaluating specific practices and principles of action, meta-ethics addresses questions such as "What is goodness?" and "How can we tell what is good from what is bad?", seeking to understand the nature of ethical properties and evaluations.

 


".. I-I can understand this.."


"Your mind and soul may be your's but your brain and body are still - Son Seungwan's. Don't worry. You'll be just fine." Jeongyeon said with a comforting smile.

 


Oh now this got wild

 

 

                              - - - - - - - - - - - - 

Dahyun was staring at her reflection in the mirror while straightening her tie.

She could never get used to looking at the mirror and seeing a completely other person.

It was finally the day she would go back to work. The day she look for answers. She was busy freaking out in her mind when suddenly the master bedroom door was open.

Sana went in wanting to check on him. She had an off day so while he's going to work in his suit.

She's in a comfortable home cloth. But honestly it was a beautiful simple one piece dress. It was like she never dressed comfortably in the house. Like she was never allowed to drop out the image of perfection. It made Dahyun wonder for a while if she was ever comfortable to be around her. 


"Your tie is crooked" Sana said walking towards her.

 


Of course it was. Dahyun was a lesbian chef. She never needed to tie for any of her 'male companion' and her work attire never required a tie.

Of course she would have difficulties getting it right. 

Sana walked closer and put her hand gently on her tie. She was busy opening it back cleaning up the mess dahyun made before. She was so close that dahyun could smell her perfume better.

She was freaking out. Even her smell is beautiful. How is that even possible


"You never go out with a crooked tie" she said gently


"Mmm", Dahyun answered, nervous to even say anything

"You also never sleep with such bad posture"
Now that got Dahyun to laugh at her because yeah sometimes when she sleeps her position would be decent at the beginning. But when she wakes up, her pillow would be gone, maybe on the floor or her legs would be spread wide. She laughed a little and smiled at Sana.


Sana looked up to her while tieing and said,
"You also never smile at me.." her voice was so soft that Dahyun just wanted to hug her right then and there.


"I did say I was going to change, didn't I? " she said voice a bit teasing.


Sana answered with a little smile making Dahyun quiver,  "All done" Sana said.

Before she could leave for work, Sana pulled her wrist. Her touch warm and comforting,
"What happened to your hand" she said caressing at her bandaged hand.


She had forgotten about that. Freaked out by everything that happened she didn't even bother about it


"Oh, this? I was doing the dishes and I got lost for a while and the plate slipped. It kinda got injured when I was trying to pick it up" Dahyun answered with a chuckle.


Sana looked so worried face still in a frown while she gently touched her hand.


Dahyun sensed her emotion and went to comfort her, "I'm sorry about the plate. I'll be more careful now. I'm sure they were all expensive.."


Sana looked up to her face, more frowned like she just heard the most ridiculous thing ever.

Now dahyun was freaking out.

Was the plate really that expensive?

 

Oh no what do i do

 


"I - I'm sorry, I'll be more caref-"


"It's not the plate I'm worried about" she said with a gentle face, "you can break all the plates you want but don't get hurt anymore, ok?"

 


Oh

 


Dahyun's heart was beating wildy now. The urge to hug her has become tenfold.

She was blushing hard, well the old her was blushing her. She was so pale in her previous body no doubt it was obvious. 


Now she didn't know but one thing for sure. Her heart, correction - Seungwan's heart is running wild like she just completed a marathon.


After a few moments of silence and Dahyun not answering anything, Sana dropped her hold on the injured hand


"If you get hurt more, mother in law will be worried. And I'll be blamed for it"

 


Oh

 


Dahyun gave her a smile. She tried to not show that she was sad but well knows, was she sad though?

Dahyun turned and looked at herself in the mirror. Now she looks Hella good.


When she left for work Sana also stood at the door like how she did for her before.

She held the door looking at Sana standing inside the house.

She smiled one last time said something that made Sana's heart jump,
"I won't be home late"

 

 

 

 

Dahyun looked up to the huge building in front of her.

 


So I work here.. 

 

 


It was like dejavu coming back at the bank that scarred her. With heavy step Dahyun went inside.

When got in she was greeted with a loud, 'Welcome Back!' and a 90 degree bow by all the staff in the room.

 


What the -

 


She just stood there mouth agape.

She literally didn't know what to do. She stared back and forth looking at all the bows.

They were still bowing waiting for the clearance to get back up from him but it never came.

Dahyun was freaking out.


".. Sure"


They all got back up slowly and in pains. Craclking of bones could be heard.

They all grimaced in pain and smiled at their boss.

A dude came up to her and said, "Welcome Back, Sir. We were anxious waiting for your return. We're so glad to have you back" he said with the most robotic voice like he didn't even mean what he's saying.


".. Ok"


Now they were all standing looking at Dahyun. Dahyun shifted on her heels clearly not understanding the situation. The man who got up spoke to her cleared his throat,

"Oh! Uh.. Get to - work?"


One sentence and that got all the staff to go to their tables. Ready to start they day and open up the bank. Now she was left alone standing.

She cleared and moved to where they were all sat.

Looking for an empty table to sit on. 


Her appearance there clearly making the staff uncomfortable.


"Sir? Your office is that way?" the previous dude pointed at the door on the left.


"Oh! Yeah, I knew that! Ha ha ha.." Dahyun walked back slowly to the door and opened. Slamming it shut quickly and leaning on the door. She sighed and summed down.


She looked around and was amazed. It was a big luxurious office. She had her own room and even one of those cool coat racks. The office had a big table and a few sofa for purposes of when people came by and wanted to have a meeting. There was also a leather office chair and a big oak table with a Mac on the table. The table was clean, clearly Seungwan was a man who hated mess. The office even had one of those cool coat racks

 

 


That rack is a beauty.. 

 

 


She got up and went to the leather chair. She sat down and sighed.


"You'll be fine", Jeongyeon said startling her, "Seungwan will guide you"


Dahyun looked at her standing at the chair that feet leaning on the table. Dahyun sighed and went to work.

 


Hours passed and Dahyun was busy tapping at the keyboard doing her job. She clearly didn't know how she knew all of this but somehow she just did. She worked and worked untill she felt nature's calling. 

 


She had to go to the restroom. 

 


When she got there and opened the men's door open she was greeted with one of the staff who bowed before. His pants was pulled up until his knee. He was applying cream on a bruise. It was deep purple and clearly had been bad.


"Wow. How did that happen" Dahyun asked.


She must've entered slowly that he didn't even notice his boss entering the barthoom.

He jumped when he saw his own boss in the bathroom and immediately pulled down his pants and stood straight bowing to him again.


"Uh.. It's - nothing. I just - fell." the staff said nervously. The staff was insanely nervous when he answered that.


Dahyun read his name tag, 
Park Jin Young. His was like a comedian. And somehow he looks like he would suit well in a plastic pants.

 


Dahyun frowned her own face clearly not believing him. When the staff saw that frown he was immedietly took back at a flashback where it all happened.

 

 

 

With a frown Seungwan slapped a roll of documents at Jin Young's face. "What kind of result is this," another slap "this is embarrassing me" and another slap.


Jin young just accepted all that while looking downwards, shaking with fear. Seungwan exhaled a breath. With frustration he threw the roll of thick documents at his face.


When Jin Young thought he was going to be excused everything a few scolding then,


He kicked him
Hard.


He fell down and grasped on his shin. It was beating.


"Get up."


Jin young immedietly got back up. Scared by that voice.


Seungwan then kicked him again on the same spot.
Jinyoung was back on the ground tears on his eye. He took a shaky breath.


"It you don't show me results, I will have all of you transfered far away. Far from your wife and family. Believe me. I will."


Seungwan went back to his chair sitting down like nothing just happened, "Leave"

 

 

 

 

 

"I'm fine, sir. I'll take my leave now" Jin Young said after a bow. Leaving hastily going pass her. Dahyun was weirded out.

 

 


Definitely something to look into later

 

 


After leaving the rest room she checked her watch to see that it was lunch time. She texted Taecyon about wanting to eat togather. They agreed and set on a place. When she was taking her leave for her lunch she said to the staff, "You guys can go for lunch" she said with a smile. Going with good intentions before leaving.


When she left, the staff looked at the front door when she had left.


"is he serious.." one of the staff said.


The other looked at him when someone answered, "I'm not taking any chances. I don't want him to be like," she cleared , trying to get her voice to be husky to imitate her boss's " Do you think you deserve a lunch break? Do you think you deserve to rest when you gave me such little sales? "

Another staff sighed,".. Yeah you're right. Let's just work "


They all slumped and began working again not caring their stomach grumbling.

 

 

 

 

Both of them chewed their food, enjoying each other's company. Taecyon had shared all the information about himself and so did Dahyun. They were starting to get to know each other.

For real this time.

Dahyun finished her meal first and then she pulled out her new phone. She began opening the keypad and entering a new contact. Taecyon leaned and stole a peek. Dahyun was typing a number like she memorized it and saved the number with, 'Wife'


"Ohooo" he whistled, "Never knew you memorized Sana's phone number. Wow, I am super amazed. Clearly this is-" he couldn't finish his sentence when he look at Dahyun's face.


It was guilt.


".. No way"


He grabbed the phone from her hand and began scrolling through the contact list. Dahyun tried to take back the phone but Taecyon was way stronger.
Taecyon fished his own phone from his pocket and looked for Sana's phone number. He began to type it into Dahyun's keypad searching for that number and the name she had give.


When he had typed half the number and a same one came out, it was Sana's


And dahyun put her number under the name of
'Lady.' 


Taecyon glared Dahyun, "Really dude? You saved Sana as lady and your wife as someone else?"


"Well. Sana is not my wife? And I - really want to see Momo again. I wanted to say I was sorry for before. I'm just figuring how to do it, that's all" Dahyun shrugged, like she just said something natural.


Taecyon still with his glare shoved and slurped his noodle loudly, he chewed nastily and with with mouth full, "Wu knyow. Dis ish gonna wite Wu in the Ash waiter", his mouth was full so everything he said was slurred but she understood.

 


No its not gonna bite me in the later, shut up.

 

 

 

The house was dark when dahyun stepped in. She opened her shoes and went inside. There was a faint light from the master bedroom. She pushed the door slowly and saw Sana leaning on her bed reading a book. She looked so simple and relaxed it was stunning view.


Dahyun cleared and knocked on the door frame gently not wanting to startle the women. But she failed. When she looked up she saw Sana tensing and fidgeting when she noticed her.

 

Can she really never relax with me?

 


Dahyun raised a small box, "I bought Donuts. I thought the kids and us could have some before going to bed" Dahyun said nervously.


Sana raised her eye brow.

Him eating sugar?

Him consuming carbohydrates?

Him actually thinking about his family and buying something for them?


No. No this was all so wrong


".. The kids are all asleep", Sana answered shortly


"Oh.." Dahyun said sadly. She looked down at her feet shifting uncomfortably against the doorframe.

She actually felt like crying.

It was nothing, the women maybe didn't want any donut. 
She may already brushed her teeth.

But something about being rejected by this particular women in front of her made her heart stung.

When she wanted to turn - go into the kitchen, put the Donuts in the fridge or even eating it herself - she didn't care. She just had to leave the room when suddenly Sana said,
"Why don't you and I eat it?"

 

The both sat on the bar stool across each other. Both silently munching on their Donuts. Dahyun had already changed into her pajamas while Sana made some hot chocolate. At first she made him a warm green tea remembering him not liking anything that had sugar in it. But when Dahyun said she wanted hot chocolate she was shocked but said she'll make him one. Dahyun said that it was alright.

She'll make it herself with a smile.


Dahyun sipped on her drink, eyes looking everywhere but at the beautiful women in front of her. Sana was staring at the person across her

 

Seeing him with a donut on his right hand and the other holding a mug of hot chocolate, it was just so wrong.

 


The silence continued for minutes when suddenly Sana broke it,
"Who are you?"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-------

Did I or did I not just quote The Good Place in this fic? YES I DID! I'm a geek for Kristen bell so you all know I would be watching that show and I just had to bring it here. I also suffered from writer's block trying to write this chapter. I put in jyp in this chapter because watching dahyun making him quiver in fear during whisper challenge at knowing brother was funny af. Overall, So sorry if its not entertaining.. It had to be done because I need to move the plot so we could get somewhere. Soon, I'll end this fic soon. Please don't be mad if you were really bored reading this. I'll promise I'll do better in the next one. Pinkie swear!