The Phone

Miracle We Met

It was Sunday and all the family was at home. Peacefully enjoying their free time.

Sana was seated at the living room couch, a book in hand. She took a sip off her warm coffee and put it back down, still focusing on her book.

Suddenly sounds of footsteps broke her focus and came  Seungwan and Daehyun running down the stairs. Her husband cradling Hana in his arms.


So many rare scenes going on


First, he never goes upstairs to check on the kids.
Second, no one has even seen him hold his kids at all.
And - is that a Frozen Elsa backpack he's wearing?


"Hey, we thought we'd enjoyed the weekend going ice skating at the mall? You wanna join?" Dahyun asked holding Hana in her arms. The younger boy couldn't stay still, filled with excitement, "Come on, Mom! It'll be sick!"


Sana smiled at her son's enthusiasm and looked back at Seungwan. He was busy staring at her enjoying that smile. He immedietly looked down when they made eye contact.


Hana smiled and snuggled closer into her father's neck. The scene almost shed rainbow tears out of Sana. 


"I would love to join you" Sana said. And she watched as Seungwan's face went to anticapting to.. glad?

Was he glad that she was joining them?


When they both left the kids at the kids area for them to enjoy themselves after a family fun time of falling on the ice rink, both the parents decided to grab some lunch while they waited for them.


They both seated across each other currently devouring their food when suddenly Dahyun spoke up, "how was our first date?"


Sana looked up chewed a little and took a sip of her drink before answering,
"We went to the movies. During our first date, that time Love Letter was just released and getting the tickets were really hard. But I guess because you thought I was Japanese and wanted to see it - you just bought them. The hall was so packed we had to sit at the stairs" Sana said with a smile on her face remembering her past.


Dahyun scoffed making Sana frown, "Well, that's not romantic"


"What? You think you can do better?" Sana challanged, a playful tone in her voice.


"Obviously" Dahyun said before she put down her utensils and hummed thinking about her answer,  "I would buy the CD when it's out. Make a little home theater with pillows and cushions. We could build a Fort togather. And while stayed there relaxing, I would cook you your favorite food and we watch it while we cuddle, away from other people" Dahyun said with a smile but when she looked back at Sana's suprised face she immediately felt shy,

"I - I mean.. You just seem so warm.. And you look like you like.. Uh - hugs.." Dahyun was in cold sweats now.

She closed her eyes in fear. Her heart thumping wild, fearing if she made her uncomfortable.


"I do like them" Sana said before taking a bite, "hugs, I mean."

Dahyun braved herself and open her eyes to look at the most beautiful thing she had ever seen. Sana was blushing while she munched on her fried rice.

She smiled at her before looking down.

 

 


They continued eating with shy attempts at making small talks
" Hey you know... I've never heard you talk about your favourite food. I mean what fruit do you like? What's your favorite color, all that jazz"


Sana scoffed at her and continued eating her meal. And when she looked up and saw his face she was suprised

 


Oh he was serious

 


Sana cleared and hummed, thinking about the previous question.


"Well. My favorite food would be.. Meals cooked by my family? I love the meals my grandma, mother and father would cook for me whenever I come back to Japan" Dahyun nodded thinking about how the heck she's gonna work with this information.

Does she even consider her family if she wanted to make her something and say that it's her, 'favorite meal'?


"I love purple. not on clothes. And for fruits.. I eat all fruits, so I'm not picky" Sana said ending her sudden Q&A session.


"Mmm"


"What were you going to do with all this information?" Sana wondered


"well, there's nothing wrong with getting to know your wife" Dahyun said with a smile before focusing on her meal.

 

 

 

After they paid their meal, both of them enjoyed a quiet stroll before going back into the mall to pick up the kids. They walked side by side. Hands itching to hold each other but kept it down.


"How are you feeling about tomorrow?" Sana asked after a comfortable silence.


She was talking about the TV recording tomorrow. Dahyun was thinking of Seungwan lowly but he's a big deal.

He's one of the smartest mathmetican and economist. He gets TV deals and goes on them often talking about numbers on channels about number.

Dahyun wouldn't know. She and Momo knows nothing about a channel that talks about numbers.

All the know are cooking channels.

She was supposed to appear on one tommorow. She was freaking out thinking about appearing on TV talking in front of the public eventhough Jeongyeon calmed her down multiple times saying that, the Seungwan in you got this.

She was touched that Sana cared enough to ask about it. She smiled before answering,


"Well, I kinda-" a sudden phone chime broke her dialogue. She fished out her own phone and saw that Momo has texted her. She went to read it and smiled on the cute message she got.

Dahyun couldn't cover it and Sana was already losing her cheerful face. Dahyun typed her reply and put back her phone in her pocket. She looked at Sana and said, "Let's grab ice creams with the kids before heading back"


Sana looked at him face empty before already walking away, heading to the mall.

 

 

                                      - - - - - - - - - - - - 

Momo was going through her laptop going through dance routine videos searching for a little inspiration. Mihyun was sitting on the couch eating on snacks changing between channel. A sound of knife hitting the cutting board was accompanied while Mina prepared for dinner.


Mihyun was still flipping around channels when she said, "Oh? It's kind uncle"


"Mmm?" Momo hummed before looking up from her laptop.


Mihyun was talking about Seungwan.

Supposedly, her wife's best friend.

He was dressed in a suit talking full with charisma and professional with still a scared and timid face.

"Wait, how do you know him?" Momo asked to Hana.

"Kind uncle? Sometimes after school he would take me out for food. He'd always treat me to my favorite places. He said that he was mama's best friend and said that I was a special kid to him" Mihyun said with a giggle clearly liking this man's company. 


Momo turned back her head from looking at Hana and focused on the TV. It's was the host's turn to speak. Seungwan was nervous waiting for her turn and then she saw it, 

 

 

 


"Baby you really need to stop that" Momo said pulling Dahyun's hand from her own fingers.
"I can't Momo, I'm so nervous right now"
"Relax...My dad will like you, I promise"
"How can I not be scared, Momo! Your dad literally is a sportsman! His body is rock solid!" Dahyun yelled her hands shaking crazily.
"But that doesn't mean you can keep doing that... What a word coping machenism. When you're shy, you cover up your face with your hair. And when you're nervous, you rub on your nose. You're just so adorable, Dubu!" 

 

 

 

 

 

That was the scene she was looking at. As Seungwan wait for the host's speech, he was shifting and rubbed on his nose.

Exactly how Dahyun used to.

The same posture, the same hand, the same position.

 


It can't be

 


Momo tried to brush it off thinking how ridiculous her mind is going right now. But still their previous encounter didn't help ending her suspicion.

 

 

 

"Why did you guys have to burn my body immediately! I have no where to go to expect this body.. Please Momo, trust me"


She was a wreck now. wide her heart wanting to jump out the ribcage

 

 


No way

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


"Oh my God! You were on fire Seungwan!" the director chuckled out loud tapping him on the back.


"it was nothing, I just followed the script" Dahyun answered timidly


"There was no such things as a script. That was all you! You were fantastic back there", the writter complimented her.


"The people love you! They're reviewing it positively and our ranking are high as we speak!"


Dahyun blushed listening to their praises. After the shoot,they left to celebrate the successful shooting at a pub.

The table was full with alcoholic beverages and plates of fruits and snacks. "as a treat, you can enjoy as much as you want!" the producer yelled, a drink raised for a toast. The other cheered happily.

Dahyun took her time drinking.

She was capable of drinking, no doubt. But she doesn't really enjoy it per se.

She laughed along at the jokes thrown around and decided to eat something. She looked around the table and spotted a red fresh looking dragon fruit.

She took a fork and got one to enjoy.

A few minutes past and she was starting to sweat. Like ridiculously sweat.

 

Is the aircond off?

 


Her head was starting to spin and she already has a hard time focusing on what's Infront of her.

Her vision becomes blurry and her breathing become ragged like she had been running. felt like it was closing up,


"Seungwan are you-" the girl beside her couldn't even finish her sentence because Dahyun passed out. Pulling down the bottles on the table with her sending it crash.

The room went panic all rushing to help. Dahyun could hear the screams at first but then it went silent.

 

 

 

 

"Hello? I'm so sorry to bother you late at night. But I'm Seungwan's friend and he's at the hospital right now. I just went and called the contact that listed 'Wife' to let you know"


She never ran as quick as she had. She rushed to grabbed her wallet and to leave the house when a voice spoke, "Mom where are you going?"


"Hana I need to leave. Don't forget to lock the doors ok sweetie?" she closed the door with a slam and immediately ran off. Trying to fetch a taxi.

When Momo arrived at the hospital she ran as fast as she could. She searched for him. Her heart beating wild.

 

 

 


I should've trusted you before

 

 


And then she saw it.

Seungwan was laying on the hospital bed, half-unconscious.

Momo walked slowly to her holding his hand.
".. Baby" she spoke slowly. 


Seungwan shifter and focused on the person in front. She smiled before saying, "Momo"


Her thumb running the hand holding her's softly.

Momo cried hearing her name being spoken.

Hearing the pet name being responded

 

 


It is you

 

 

 

"Excuse me, where is my husband situated?" Sana asked at the counter. She had received a call from the hospital saying that Seungwan was in the hospital.

She had never drove so fast after that.


"He's in cubicle 23. We gave him a few shots because he ate dragon fruit. Does he not know that he has allergies on them?"

 


Of course he knew. That's why he hates kiwi because it has the same texture as dragon fruits. Why would he -

 


Sana turned and saw her husband laying down and his band being.. Held on random women's cheek.


Sana with a frown on her face walked towards them.

 

 

 

Seungwan has gotten the okay to be discharged. So Sana helped him holding him on his waist to get into the car, while Momo followed behind awkwardly. Sana opened the door for her Range Rover and helped Seungwan in. Before he sat down, he turned and looked at Momo. He have her a soft smile before dissapearing in the car.


Sana closed the door and let out a sigh. She focused back on the random women. She was still looking at the door Seungwan just went in.


"Who are you", Sana asked voice extremely cold.


"Oh.. I'm -" she hummed not knowing exactly what to answer. While waited Sana took her time to study to women infront of her. She was in her pajamas. Her hair not properly done. Even her shoes are a different colour, clearly shown that she left in a rush.


Now Sana was getting pissed. She her heels and left the women alone. Getting into he driver's seat immediately taking off.

 

 

                                     - - - - - - - - - - - - 

Sana was walking fast she walked at a cheap apartment corridor. Her heels clicking and she walked. She couldn't sleep last night.

Tossing and turning couldn't keep the women's face from yesterday out of her mind.


She opened the door without knocking and came a shriek.

A manly - slash - girly shriek.


"WTF SANA?!" yelled Taecyon trying to cover up his s. He usually goes commando when his roomate is not at home. So a visit from his friend's wife is definitely not expected.


Sana went ahead face still serious, "I need you to tell me about Momo"

 

 

Sana sat on the cheap wooden chair. He gave her a bottled water saying that, it's either that or Soju. Take a pick. 

​​
"You know I can't say anything right, Sana?"


Taecyon said as he sat down in front of her. Finally in a t-shirt and pants,  "and how do you even know her name?"

 


".. He may have mentioned it a few times in his sleep.. I always thought that he wanted peach or anything but then it hit me...

He can't speak Japanese." Sana said voice stern but her face a bit sad.


Taecyon looked at the women in front of him. He'd always considered her as a friend even though they never really talked much. Seeing her in pain was quite a new scene.


" why the sudden attention? You never cared about any of the other chicks he played around with before" Taecyon said accusingly.

Sana shocked at the question and couldn't answer.

She looked down. Re-reading the bottle water packaging again and again.

 

 


Sorry, D. My gut really thinks this is the right thing to do

Tecyon thought. 

 

"I don't know much about her" Taecyon said. Sana's face already falling,  "but I do know where she lives"
 

 

 

 

Sana sighed. Fidgeting in front of the door. She has been standing there for almost an hour. She debated on pressing the door bell or not.

Her hand was starting to sweat now. She took another big inhale and pressed on the bell.

 

 

 

Momo had served her a slice of cake and a cup of tea. She took a sip and focused on the other woman as she took her seat across her, face serious.


"I'm sorry for barging-"


"Your husband is dead." Momo said immediately making Sana close . Momo took a sip of her drink before continuing, "The person you have right now in your house is my wife" she said calmly pushing a family picture on the table towards.

Sana shifted her focus from Momo to the picture.

It was a photo of the women in front of her hugging a small beautiful pale girl - smiling so brightly.


"My wife had a car accident on the same day as your husband did. It wasn't a huge accident but she died. Mine was supposed to return but.."


Momo sighed not really wanting to talk about how the cause was practically their fault in the first place. "have you ever stopped and think that your husband seemed out place? Like he was completely a new person?" Momo asked face full of ego raising an eyebrow.


Sana took a shallow breath and her hand was shaking like crazy but she covered it with grasping her hands togather.


".. That's - that's impossible.. "


" Well her phone says otherwise. "Momo countered with a smile


" I got a phone call when he fainted saying he just clicked on a contact name listed, 'Wife'.
And who do you think arrived first? " Momo was smirking now. Clearly enjoying the shaking demour from the cocky women in front of her.


Sana's heart was pounding now. She opened to say something but nothing came out.


" Don't trust me?", Momo questioned picking up her cup,
"Go check for it yourself "

 

 

 

Sounds of droplet of water from the shower head could be hear.

Seungwan was in the shower.

Sana sat on her make up table doing her routine but not exactly focused. She kept glancing at a phone on Seungwan's bed. Momo's word kept repeating in her head.


"Go check for it yourself"


Sana released a shaky breath and stood up.

Unlocking the phone. She scrolled through the contact name, searching.


She saw the 'Wife' and hesitated to press call. With shaky fingers she pressed it. She was nervous but waited while staring at her own phone on the make up table.

Begging for it to ring.

Begging for it to light up


The call stopped ringing and came a voice, "Hello?" Sana on her breath and clasped her hand on , wanting to silence . "Dubu, is everything alright?"


Sana immediately pressed end and left the bed. She sat down on her make up table chair, weak and shaking. The sound of the toilet door opening made her straighten her posture. She wiped on her face quickly. Hoping he didn't see it.

But she failed because Seungwan was already rushing to her, a towel around his head. He walked fast and kneeled beside her,

"Hey, what's wrong?" he cooed softly, "Are you okay?" he said gently face filled with concern.

 


Who are you?

 

 

Sana bit on her cheek forcing herself not to cry while she looked at Seungwan's concerned face. And when a finger raised to brush off a tear, Sana slapped it.


Sana's face mixed with a frown and sadness stood up and went to her bed. She tucked herself in and was already facing the wall.

Opposite his side of the bed.

Different than the one they used to do every night to chat and laugh.

 

 

 

 

 

--------

Oh uh Hu oh yeah - what's that spelled?
D - R - A - M- A
I bring you another chapter to get the story really moving. Please anticipate the ending soon because honestly I can't bear to keep you guys waiting. Because if I get lazy once, Then it's a high chance this fic will never be touched ever again. Some of you may have lose interest, I'm very sorry but if there are some of you that stayed - thank you so much. I'll be sure to update again. And maybe next time I'd write it straight before posting - so you guys would get 2 chapter in one update holy fork. Till we meet again!