Chapter Twelve

Fated
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Johnny patted Jaehyun's back "I mean, you can always visit us if you want to" the older grinned, Jaehyun shook his head "Hyung, we're going to crossover, to die...how will I see you again?" Jaehyun sighed, Johnny scrunched his nose "Hey, well I guess you can send Iris messages or something" Johnny poked his cheek, Jaehyun just facepalmed. "Yuno, let's go eat" Krystal called them over, the two taller guys were following her like some sort of bodyguards. Chanyeol explained basic Norse 101 as they ate dinner, kids were looking at them weirdly, they were strangers anyway. Taeyong waved at Jaehyun, the younger shyly waved back,

 

"Yuno, we're going to Busan tomorrow, to trace down your kidnapper, I know you've made friends with Greeks, but we can't really trust them, alright? So if our enemy is a Greek, we have to fight them" Jongin explained.

 

Jaehyun sighed for the nth time, Jisung looked so happy talking to his siblings, Seungcheol and Yeri were showing Yangyang a few Hermes life hacks on how to smuggle food from outside. Jaehyun is really contemplating whether to believe his so-called sister or not, he lives alright in the camp, why can't he just stay? Chiron welcomed him, just because he's not Greek, doesn't mean he's unwanted here. After dinner, as kids finished up their chores, a huge bonfire was lit in the amphitheater, Apollo kids performed songs, Xiaojun and Mark played the guitar, Chanyeol even borrowed one and kids are finally opening up to the three strangers. Soojung and Jongin were plotting a plan for the next day and Jaehyun felt like a third wheel.

 

"Jaehyun! Come here for a sec!" Yuta called him over, finally giving the two space as he walked towards the group of friends.

 

"Are you really leaving hyung?" Jisung pouted, Johnny ruffled the maknae's hair, Chenle pouted too, the kids are the sweetest in the camp.

 

"I'll send letters! Like Johnny hyung said" he grinned, Jisung wrapped his arms around Jaehyun

 

"Just staaaay" he whined, the older boys chuckled

 

"Did you just replace me with him?" Johnny pretended to be attacked, making Jisung giggle

 

"I can have two favorite hyungs!" Jisung grinned and Johnny just ruffled his hair.

 

The Apollo kids were having fun, kids were singing along to some pop songs and Chiron ordered marshmallows for a perfect campfire! Everything was going so well, Jaehyun would really miss this. They ate roasted marshmallows on stick, Johnny wrapped an arm around Jaehyun's shoulder "Cheer up, stop looking like it's the end of the world dude" he chuckled, Jaehyun sighed "I like it here, I mean, I can't remember Valhalla but the people here are so good to me, how can I leave?" Jaehyun explained and Johnny knew what he meant. The campfire ended at 10pm, as bedtime for the campers, some Ares kids were guarding the watch towers for night patrol and Johnny was one of them, Jaehyun, Soojung, Jongin and Chanyeol all returned to Hermes cabin, Yeri smiled at Jaehyun before going to bed.

 

Jaehyun was dead tired, collapsing on bed and falling into a deep sleep and this time, he dreamt of a man covering him with his blanket and carrying him away, as if he's a dead body with no force to move at all. He couldn't see anything through the covers but he knew that the man was moving. He couldn't speak but he knows he's awake. A loud thud echoed through his ears. He bolted up, another thud, kids started putting on their armors, Soojung signalled him to stay.

 

"This is a great distraction, we can escape right now" Jongin told him as everyone went out to see the commotion.

 

"I contacted Jiyong oppa and the others, they are near the borders, let's meet up" Soojung told them.

 

"Who?" Jaehyun asked her

 

"We have back-ups, of course we are Norse, we come in groups" Chanyeol ruffled his hair.

 

Jaehyun wanted to help the Greeks, they went out of the cabin as the kids were shouting "A Stygian bull!! Be careful!" Doyoung shouted, the three led Jaehyun to the west of the camp, away from east where the attack is happening, due to the sudden attack, watch towers were abandoned and kids were focused on the monster. Jaehyun kept looking back as if he could see what was happening, Soojung held his hand "Yuno, it's not our fight, come on" they walked away. Halfway down the hill, they met up with five older males, they seem to be about at least twenty years old.

 

"Guys! Yuno!" Jiyong, who wore clothes that were too bright at night greeted him, they were older einherjar who came to look for him too.

 

"A monster attack? Poor Greeks, we don't do that in Valhalla" Daesung chuckled, making the four laugh with him.

 

"We got him back, where should we go?" Chanyeol grinned and Seunghyun gave him a hug, Taeyang hugged Soojung and Daesung held Jongin.

 

"What's with the sudden hug?" Sooj

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter