Chapter Ten

Fated
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next morning, Kun made a lot of sandwiches, with the help of Taeyong and Jungwoo. "Let's split you up in two groups, Johnny and Kun should be the leaders, having a big group of demigods will attract monsters" Eros suggested, Johnny was busy arranging his bag of weapons to even care, his father gave him a gift of a Jansport bag that can carry tons of bronze weapons and shields, yet it weighs like a normal bag. "Taeyong hyung, Donghyuck and Jaehyun should come with me, Jun, Ten and Lucas come with them, okay?" Kun suggested, Johnny agreed and Mark was teasing Donghyuck to stay alive, to not starve and don't miss him too much, the younger was annoyed.

 

"We're going to look for Eros, guys" Taeyong reminded everyone.

 

"Actually kids, I found this letter at the cave when I checked for sirens in the area" Eros coughed and everyone turned to him. Taeyong opened the letter:

 

To my dearest,

 

You have found me! But for now, we must not meet, it is not the right time yet, I wrote this letter as I have heard malicious rumors about you and me, I can assure everyone that I am fine and safe, and the gods should be informed as well, for now, you must all go back to camp as enemies are everywhere, stay safe dear.

 

Ἔρως

 

Jungwoo grinned "It's finally Greek, this should be legit since the stamp is from Olympus!" Jungwoo cheered, Taeyong took a photo of the letter to send it back to camp, to clear Jaehyun's name at last. "We should end here and return to camp, our mission is complete, the god is just hiding, no kidnapping whatsoever" Taeyong told everyone.

 

"You kids take different routes and meet at the camp, stay safe" Eros told everyone.

 

"Mr. Kim, thank you" the half bloods except Jaehyun, they all bowed formally, Jaehyun was confused, Taeyong just pulled him down to copy them.

 

"Now, now, stand up and return home before it gets dark" Eros chuckled, they all went out, Jaehyun stayed,

 

"We'll see each other again, right?" He asked the god who gave him a big hug.

 

"Yeah, so promise to stay alive until then, okay?"

 

"Thank you, for everything"

 

"Aigoo my dear, go on, before they suspect something"

 

Jaehyun waved goodbye as Eros shooed him, it's time to run again for the god. Kun decided they'll take a train to Seoul and Johnny's group will take the bus. "See you later!!" Mark waved excitedly, Donghyuck stuck his tongue out. Hendery, Taeyong, Donghyuck, Jaehyun, Yangyang, Kun and Winwin walked towards the train station. "All this trouble for a letter, Eros is so annoying, he's like the Loki of Greeks" Taeyong chuckled as they went in line to buy tickets. "Loki?" Jaehyun asked him, the older nodded "The trickster god of the northern people, and I meant North Korea too" he explained, there it was again, the familiar feeling.

 

"Why are people not scared when you're holding your sword like that?" Jaehyun asked Donghyuck

 

"Aw, this hyung is like a baby chick" Hendery chuckled

 

"Wong Gunhang you went through that phase" Kun shook his head and Hyuck grinned

 

"Well hyung, there's this thing called mist, mortals can't see our weapons because of it, only those who are connected to gods, are the people who can see this" Hyuck patted his back.

“I’m hungry” Yangyang pulled Kun’s sleeves, the older patted the boy’s head and gave him a sandwich

 

Jaehyun finally understood, some weapons aren't like his ring, they can't transform into anything. "Hyung, I Googled your sword since I was curious and, it turns out, it's some old German-French sword type in the 1600s, the blacksmith must've loved that style to give it so much detail" Yangyang showed him Taeyong's s-Pad, the sword type name is Estoc, a sword for military, against armored enemies. It was peculiar, but it was free stuff so Jaehyun didn’t complain.

 

“The train will arrive in two hours, what sho

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter