Chapter Sixteen

Fated
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Not at how Johnny started to change, becoming sensitive around the foreigners. The three had to go through so much, they have his respects. A day after the Capture-the-flag, building of the filter camp has started, led by Doyoung, an architect in the making, they planned on building four cabins just at the foot of the hill, Jungwoo and the Demeter kids will plant a mini cabbage farm to disguise it as a small plantation on the foot of the hill. The foot was at least thirty minutes away from the nearest town and highway, a vast grassland with the height of grasses at least around Johnny’s waist, it wound be a difficult trek to even reach the filter camp. There were a lot of campers so building the filter camp only lasted for two days before a few selected campers and the unclaimed campers occupied the filter camp. A cabin for the campers who will guard the camp and three for the unclaimed, it was the safest way, it may look a bit racist to the foreigners but the Greeks are just avoiding a huge attack from inside the camp.

 

“Hyuck, you can start a fire now, they will deliver our meals here, our main objective is to guard this camp, it has no magical borders so we really need to lookout, Seulgi and the others are standing by the watchtowers, we’ll send a signal fire in case of an attack that we can’t handle, all good?” Johnny explained, for now they have a limit of only seven watchers, that includes: Johnny, Jaehyun, Doyoung, Hyuck, Taeyong, Ryujin, and Jeongyeon.

 

“As of now we have four unclaimed campers ranging from twelve to eighteen: Huening Kai, Song Hyeongjun, Lee Soodam and Kim Jisoo, they will occupy cabin number one, we’re good to go” Jeongyeon told everyone at their mini meeting.

 

“Alright guys, don’t think you’re sick or something okay? We have to do this because there are bad guys out there and we don’t want to hurt anyone, our protocol is to move you back up once your parents claim you, for now we’re going to protect you from the bad guys, okay?” the ever so charming Taeyong explained to the four.

 

Hyuck lit a bonfire that gave light on the moonless night, Athena cabin installed solar power to the cabins and it provided light, cabbages were already blooming as disguise and source of food as well, the mini stream nearby provided a calming sound and the shower nearby was tanked with fresh stream water, the Hermes kids were the first batch to deliver their meals, Jisung looked around excitedly. “Jisungie, don’t go into the woods okay?” Johnny patted the boy’s head, the dinner was classic knife-cut noodles with kimchi, a lot of side dishes and braised pork. They ate plentifully as Hermes kids explored the mini camp, four kids were sent, Jisung carrying the signal fire in case trouble comes.

 

“I’m gonna use the restroom” Soodam excused herself after finishing her dinner.

 

“So for the first night, Hyuck, Jae and I will stay up as watchers, tomorrow the four of you and then a cycle, good?” Johnny told everyone. They barely finished their dinner when Soodam screamed at the top of her lungs, the three quickly ran to her, the four instructed everyone to retreat inside the cabin, guarding the camp.

 

“What happened?” Johnny quickly opened the door to the showers

 

“There’s a bug!!” she screamed, Hyuck sighed, stepping on the insect.

 

“False alarm, it’s just a bug” Johnny and the two went back to the cabins, Hermes kids were quickly asked to return so they can prepare for bed, Eros made a quick visit to check on everyone, maintaining his Kim Rowoon image to not blind the campers when he combusts in gold.

 

“I really smell something fishy in the air, keep an eye out” he told Jaehyun as they strolled around to patrol.

 

“Maybe take a shower?” Jaehyun poked his cheek.

 

“You brat” he chuckled, Chiron was supposed to return the next day with some news from Olympus.

 

Eros returned to the big house, leaving the three on patrol, they had different posts, Hyuck can barely keep his eyes open so Johnny decided to let the younger one sleep. “You okay?” Johnny sat next to Jaehyun, away from the bonfire. “You know that is small but it still scares me” he pointed at the bonfire, frowning. “Don’t look, silly” Johnny covered his eyes teasingly “Haha, really funny Suh” the younger rolled his eyes “Have we met before? Like before all this camp thing? You really look familiar” Johnny cupped his cheeks, squishing his face as he chuckles. “Stop bullying my cheeks, the hell Suh” Jaehyun had to pinch the older’s cheeks as well until a cough from behind them pulled the two apart.

 

“I had to pee and you two are being lovey dovey instea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter