Chapter Thirteen

Fated
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It has been two days since the attack, Jaehyun was still in recovery and hasn't woken up yet, the three Norse kids are out of the infirmary, camp barriers have been strictly guarded. According to Soojung, there were a total of twenty einherjars sent back to the mortal world to look for Jaehyun and the culprit, although they never shared details, it seems like Jaehyun was a big shot on the nine worlds to have such a scale of rescue mission. The campers had their daily routines and guards had shifting schedules, Taeil made sure that there should be people in watch towers 24/7, even the trio had to comply and do camp chores, as Na Jaemin was discovered, the camp became hostile as now three kids from the big three are inside the camp, monsters and gods would surely take an interest.

 

"Everyone, Olympus is open again, Dionysus will be here for a while as your guardian, I have to report to the gods about everything that has happened" Chiron announced on the amphitheater, kids murmured, Dionysus and his attitude really annoys everyone.

 

"Taeil and the councilors, please bear with him for a week and lead the kids well" Chiron patted the boy's back.

 

"Everyone return to your duties, I will head out to Olympus,stay safe everyone" Chiron waved goodbye as kids sulked but waved back.

 

"Hyung, is Jaehyun hyung still sleeping?" Jisung asked Johnny as they stayed on a watch tower.

 

"Yeah, he's recovering well, don't worry kiddo"

 

"Hyung I think Jaehyun hyung should stay here, so what if he's not Greek? If people out there wanted to hurt him, shouldn't we just protect him?"

 

"Jisungie, as much as I wanted him to stay as well, their gods want him back, because their culture is different from us, out there, they have to fight for the end of their world, I think he has to go"

 

"But deep inside you also want him to stay?"

 

"Of course I do, we are a family, aren't we?"

 

Jaemin waved at Johnny and Jisung before climbing the tower, it turns out that Jaemin is a natural when it comes to using spears, he excelled and was praised by Taehyung and Ryujin. Johnny decided to go down and have a stroll, more like patrol the hill. Jaemin came along because he wanted to explore, although Johnny stopped him and told him to help Jeno in making armors, the energetic kid continued to walk with him. They were talking and walking, the trees hid the moon so streaks of light guided them, though Johnny has memorized the trail already so it was not a problem. The real problem is the fact that the barriers allow Norse kids to enter, so if any kid with the ill intention to execute campers, they can easily enter in and out, worst case is they can kill everyone.

 

"Hyung, you okay?" Jaemin asked, it was dark out, not a good night to scroll as the moon was barely full moon anyway, and they don't have a torch.

 

"Yep, just thinking about things, like why would Norse kids attack us just because we protected Jaehyun"

 

"They really wanted that hyung dead, I mean, from their stories, it seemed like that hyung is an important chess piece to them and they wanted him out as soon as possible,it's annoying"

 

"Jeong Yuno, son of Skadi, goddess of hunt and snow, he's not some big shot like you Jaemin, not the son of the god of gods, so it's bothering me" Johnny hummed

 

They walked for five more minutes until a snap of a twig startled the two, Johnny quickly drew his sword out, pushing Jaemin to lay flat on the ground. "Show yourself, coward" Johnny gritted his teeth, a sword came out from his left and Johnny quickly defended himself with his shield. It was a masked girl, her sword skills were just as insane as Johnny's, she kept swinging non-stop, Johnny had no opening because she was wearing a full plate armor, like an actual knight, his sword couldn't pierce the chain armor. "Get back" Johnny almost dropped his sword, the girl chuckled, taking off her damn white mask.

 

"Huh, Jiyong oppa did some petty job I guess, but good, I came here in the right time" she chuckled "Long time no see, Yuno"

 

"Good to see you too, Lisa" Jaehyun drew his sword out

 

"Who gave Ulf back? A cute reunion of a sword and master, anyway, we're here to actually kill you, if you're not aware" Lisa grinned.

 

"Hey hyung, get back and take Jaemin with you, this will get ugly" Jaehyun gave Johnny a thumbs up, the older shook his head

 

"You're injured!"

 

"A scra-" before Jaehyun could finish, Lisa already leaped forward to attack, Jaehyun was quick to counter it.

 

Johnny dragged Jaemin behind a tree, they can't leave Jaehyun and they can't let that Norse near the camp barriers. "Sharp as always, no doubt" Lisa clapped, though her armor was heavy, her flow was continuous. "Don't

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter