Team Building

The Perfect Boss?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Alright, everyone gather in the conference room.” I heard Chaeyeon say. Everyone in the office will meet once a week for the weekly report. So everyone paced to the conference room.

 

The conference room was a large room with soundproofing. It has a huge oval table at the center with a white screen in front for the presentation. Overhead, hung a projector. When everyone came in, we all took the seats of the right side facing the screen with Chaeyeon at the back center. 

 

The meeting started. Time is 8:30

 

Throughout the meeting, I was jotting down notes to summarize what was discussed. A video was playing when I heard the door click. I focused my eyes on the video and when a slight movement catches the corner of my eye I turn my head and I see Sakura taking her seat across me. She greeted us with a nod and a smile but I didn’t greet back. I was just staring at her confused and shocked

 

Sakura doesn’t join our morning meetings. This meeting was for our department and she definitely was not from our department. Chaeyeon was always the one to report to her along with the other managers of other departments So why is she here?

 

I didn’t realize that the video paused when “Ya! I told you guys to watch the video. Not at Miss Sakura!” Chaeyeon fumed at us.

 

I blink my eyes then looked around hiding my flustered face from Sakura, I saw my workmates was also blushing seeing as they were caught staring at Sakura. I pretend to look at my notes to avoid embarrassment but take a sneak peek at Sakura.

 

She was still facing the white screen but she was chuckling lightly that I felt heat creep up my face again. I pretend to scribble on my notes.

 

Another click of the door made us look to where the source of the noise was. 

 

It's her. The girl with Sakura during lunch yesterday

 

“Eunbi-unnie!” I heard Sakura say with a cheerful smile. Sakura gestured ‘Eunbi’ to sit with her which made me feel uneasy.

 

“Glad you could make it, unnie” Sakura says

 

“I just can’t seem to say no to you, Kkura” Eunbi smiles at Sakura in a very kind way

Kkura? So that's what she calls Sakura

 

I didn’t notice that I was staring at the both of them when Sakura looked at me in a questionable way.

 

“You okay, Minjoo?” I snapped out of it almost instantaneously and gave Sakura a small nod

 

“This girl is Eunbi-unnie. She’s our senior management consultant. She’s been with us for a few years now but she rarely comes in our office. I usually meet her outside. However, I want her to see how our team is going now. So please cooperate with her” Sakura and Eunbi were both standing, bowing after their introduction. 

 

“That being said” Eunbi raised her head and flicked her hair back.

 

“We will be conducting a 3 days and 2 nights team building” I sat there, interested, hearing murmurs behind and beside me. I’ve heard about team buildings. Not only was it fun but it would also help us be more open to our workmates. I unconsciously dart my eyes to Sakura. Is she coming?

 

“Team building will be 2 weeks from now. Make sure you guys prepare.” Sakura says and leaves the meeting room with Eunbi

 

-----------------------

 

Two weeks flew by really fast and I found myself getting ready to leave for our team building.

 

SInce we all will be leaving together, we will all meet at the office.

 

I check the time, it read 7:30 AM

 

It’s still early. I thought I would just walk to the office considering how early it still was

 

I was already half way to the office but some sick driver drove towards a puddle of water near the sidewalk and splashed the water all over me.

 

“YAAA!” I yelled at the direction of the driver but the driver just drove away without any care to the world.

 

I look at myself and saw that I was soaking wet. 

 

“DAMN IT!” I raised my voice in frustration and stomped my foot, grumbling.

 

I can’t go to the office soaked. I have to go home

 

I check the time and it read 7:39 AM. I immediately ran back home as fast as I can so I can get changed.

 

I open my door and quickly took clothes out of my cabinet without even bothering to care what kind of clothes I took. I enter th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter