Chapter fifteen

The Perfect Boss?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I reread my checklist for the last time before locking my luggage just to make sure I didn't forget anything else

 

I walk towards the door ready to leave my apartment for a few weeks and before completely leaving, I check to see if all switches were turned off and all appliances were plugged out and when everything was set, I walk back to the door and exit the apartment and then I hailed a taxi to drive me to the airport

 

When I arrived at the airport, I saw familiar faces waiting for me at the departure area who greeted me excitedly after they saw me.

 

"Ahhh. I'm so jealous of you, Minjoo. I've always wanted to visit New York" Nako pouted at the girl when they got together

 

"I'll make sure to bring you something from there when I get back" I chuckled at her

 

"Promise?" The short girl looked up at her with her puppy eyes and she couldn't really resist her

 

"Of course" I say confidently to her

 

"I'll also go ask Miss Sakura to bring you something" I winked at her and after I did, a smile crept up to her face

 

"Yes!" Nako pumped her fist in the air, she knew Sakura wasn't one to bring back gifts after her travel but she also knew that Minjoo would be able to force her to bring some for her officemates

 

I smiled at her, patting her head before walking towards the check-in counter

 

"I have to get going now, thank you for being here" I smile and wave them a goodbye and before reaching the counter I heard them say

 

"Have a safe trip, Minjoo! Let us know if Sakura mistreats you! Even if she's our boss! We won't forgive her!" I chuckled at what I heard and wave them another goodbye

 

-----

 

The flight to New York would be around 14 hours and 30 minutes, she was nervous because of how after all this time she would finally be able to meet Sakura again. They weren't in any kind of relationship but for some reason, she always wanted to be by her side, she feels comfortable being with her all the time and the thought that they would be spending time together in New York, alone was riling up her nervousness. She knew she was there for work but she still couldn't help but think about the time they would be spending with each other.

 

When the flight attendant had woke her up to prepare for landing, she rubbed her eyes and prepared herself to meet her boss. She was told that someone would just pick her up from the airport, she knew Sakura was busy but she was kinda hoping for her to be the one to pick her up from the airport but she knew it was too good was too good to be true.

 

She towed away her luggage behind her and exited the airport to look for the van that was supposed to pick her up but was worried when she didn't see anyone or any van that was described to her. So she sat down a bench with her luggage beside her to check her phone again.

 

She chatted up the contact that was given to her but there was no response so she sighed and looked around. She was in a foreign place and the driver that would pick her up was nowhere to be found, she couldn't even contact him. 

 

Am I lost on my first day here? 

 

I sighed and looked at my phone and smiled at the screensaver. A week after she left, I had an idea on how to cope up with 'not missing her for a whole month thing' so I decided to use a picture of her as my screensaver. It was easy to get a picture of her when you searched the internet. Paparazzi's were everwhere trying to get a picture of the woman behind the company's success. So when I got the picture, I saved it and used it as my screensaver. Her smile was something that eases the stress inside me and that was what I needed now to avoid panicking about what to do next in this foreign country.

 

"That's a pretty picture you have there, Miss" I jolted from my seat when I heard a voice beside me so near that it made me face the owner of the voice. 

 

When I saw who it was, the sight of her made me speechless to the point that I almost dropped my phone but immediately got a hold of it. I gulped at the sight of the girl before me.

 

It was Sakura. 

 

"I look pretty in that picture" Sakura turned to look at me with our faces inches apart while she pointed at the picture on my phone. The distance between our faces was so close that I wondered if she was conscious about it like I was, since my heart was racing so fast right now.

 

"How was the flight, Minjoo?" she asked again when I didn't answer her first question

 

"Hey. Earth to Minjoo. You still there?" she snapped her fingers in front of me when I did not answer her again. I wanted to answer her but my throat seemed to dry to speak, my throat was also probably surprised at the sight of her. 

 

When I could finally feel my throat ready to help me speak, I cleared it and spoke softly while trying to calm myself

 

"What are you doing here, Sakura? I thought you had work?" I say slowly when looking at her

 

"Finished it early. You're not happy that I'm here? Should I have let the driver come pick you up instead?

 

"N-no. I just didn't want to interrupt your work" I shake my head not wanting to give her the wrong impression.

 

In fact, I was really happy that she was here. I had hoped that she would be the one to pick me up. After I was shocked to see her, I composed myself from happiness not letting my excitement burst out from inside me.

 

"Great! Let's get you to the hotel so you can rest" she helped me stand and picked up the bag that I was holding. I told her that I can carry my bags myself but she insisted on bringing my carry-on luggage, so I just dragged my other luggage with me without saying another word.

 

-----------

 

When we arrived at the hotel, she went to the receptionist ahead of me and gestured for me to follow her afterwards. I walk towards her and look around, I am amazed at how luxurious the hotel that we will be staying in and the people around me are look so foreign, huge and tall. It reminded me that I was not in Korea anymore and looking at Sakura walk at ease and with confidence among these people amazes me.

 

"So this is your room" Sakura opens the door to my room and it revealed a standard room with a queen sized bed at the corner. It had a tv and a t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter