Coffee

The Perfect Boss?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Would you like some tea or coffee?” Miss Sakura spoke as she stood up from her office chair.

 

“C-c-offee. I-i mean I’ll go get one for you, Miss Sakura. What would you like?" I sttuter like an idiot and quickly stood up

 

“No no. It’s okay. I invited you here. Please sit.” She gestured for me to sit but I was reluctant to do so.

 

“Just sit, Minjoo. I don’t bite.” She chuckled softly and brought two cups. She came towards me and placed the cups on the coffee table and sat across me. She took her cup and tried to sip on it.

 

“Aishh. That’s too hot.” she placed the cup back down and turned to look at me.

 

“Am I causing you trouble?” She asks me and I was shocked to hear it. Why would she think that?

 

“I saw your workmates swarming over you when I came in, was it because of me?” Bingo. Yea. Because you keep on teasing me.

 

“You can just tell me the truth you know, I won’t fire them” she chuckles and I inhaled deeply and spoke

 

“They’re not. They are just curious about what happened earlier in the office for you to call my name and speak to me like that. Since you rarely do that.” I say softly.

 

“Really? Is it really a big deal if I talk with someone?” she scratches her head with her index finger with her lips pouting and I find it attractively cute.

 

“So I guess you will be bombarded again later when you get out?”

 

“Maybe?”

 

“Then just stay here until it’s time to leave” I snap my head to her direction and I’m like Seriously? I’m so uncomfortable here right now. And will still be uncomfortable outside. Maybe her suggestion isn't a bad idea after all. Hmmm. Maybe I should stay in the restroom.

 

 “But it’s up to you though.” She sheepishly grins. She’s acting like a child in front of me. Was she always like this or is it because we never get to know her?

 

“Well, that’s just what I wanted to know. I didn’t want to cause you any trouble.” She stood up and went back to her office chair.

 

I was about to leave when I heard her speak.

 

“Oh yea, finish your coffee before you leave” And I looked at my coffee seeing how full and hot it still was. It looks like I’ll be staying for awhile.

 

I sip my coffee little by little when I heard a phone ring. Miss Sakura immediately answered the phone and I get constantly reminded why everyone swoons over her. 

 

As she talked through the phone call I found myself staring at her. She was discussing with someone on the phone in a very professional way that even I was caught in the moment. The way she moved her hands while discussing was so graceful that I couldn’t look away from it.

 

“Yes, Minjoo?” I wake up from my daydrea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter