Yellow Electric Guitar Vibe

Byun, the Californian Prince

It wasn't her decision to attend this meeting. It wasn't like she was a very known royal, especially coming from the top family of all of Korea. Being a Park was something she wished she could change because the name title was only sugarcoated with achievements and the big "top family royalty" status. Not that it was her place to say. Yoora was forbidden to reveal any details of her family background. Nevertheless, she still stepped out of hiding without a disguise and is now bombarded with reporters and cameras up in her face. She wished she would've rejected her parents for this.

 

Park Yoora, the eldest daughter of the Parks, was everything to Chanyeol. She still continues to be by his side, even while he is in hiding. Like Yixing, she was the main one who helped orchestrated Chanyeol's escape and was with him whever he was. She was with him in Barcelona and returned with him to Seoul. Everywhere Chanyeol was, she would know. They were inseparable until Chanyeol plotted to flee. She didn't blame him for his choice because he went through too much to come to this point.

 

Now under the spotlight and being bombarded with questions surrounding where she has been and Chanyeol's whereabouts, she had no escape. Why did I choose to go? She thought to herself. But it was her decision to accept her parents' decision and see what would've happened. It was something she was started to regret, but she didn't care as much because she was never that known. As she was struggling to pass through the crowd to go inside the meeting, the crowd began to disperse and follow a limousine that was driving up the entrance. She took a deep breath and was about to go up the stairs until someone shouted.

 

"SOEUN! Please talk to us about your rumored engagement!" Slow enough to look away, Yoora made contact with the King of Bucheon. began to tighten as she struggled to catch her breath. The man looked at her with grave eyes as he made his way inside of the building. Once he completely passed by, she began to hurriedly run up the steps to go inside, making sure to pass him as she did. For the first time in her entire royal life, she came in contact with someone of her family's enemy, and she was terrified to be in the same room as him. It was very difficult for her since she had no guards and no sort of protection around her. Mentally, she screamed in her head that this decision was a mistake.

 

Soeun successfully made it inside the venue and the doors closed behind him. He eyed the room of other royals to find the Park sibling. He loathed the Parks, and he knew that this would escalate their fued since he has never seen Yoora in person. Not seeing her in sight, he continued to process into the meeting room. Blending in the crowd and avoiding his darting glances, Yoora moved away from the huge group of people and took a deep breath of relief. She only prayed that she would make it out of the meeting safely.

 

[Yellow Electric Guitar Vibe]

 

The boys got off of their flight landing in Seoul for the next three days. They decided that they should have a normal vacation away from other princes being in every corner of the place and make up for Baekhyun's missed time. He finally healed from his terrible tan. After having that conversation with Yixing, he felt closer to the elder about his secret. Now everyone knows except for Jungmyeon. Yixing believed that it should be kept away from the elder for now because he is a er for drama. Both Yixing and Baekhyun made a promise to keep his identity hidden from Chanyeol until there was a good opportunity for him to know. Although the blonde found it wrong to prolong his secret to the elder, he still felt it was best to do so.

 

Pulling up at Jungmyeon's mansion, everybody hopped out of the limousine and gazed up at the house. Bigger than both Baekhyun's and Jongin's homes back in Santa Monica, but nowhere as gigantic as Yixing's home in China. Jungmyeon got out and sighed once he faced his house. "No more having to sleep with people against my walls!"

 

"T-This can't be real," Jongin stuttered as he made his way up to the entrance doors. Yixing followed him while Baekhyun stayed glued in his spot, marvelling the mansion. The elder wrapped his arm around his shoulder and pinched his cheek, making him huff out in frustration.

 

"Isn't she pretty? Let's go inside!"

 

After being dragged into the house, the next thing Baekhyun knew was that he was changed into swimming shorts and jumping into the indoor pool of the mansion. He was convinced to go to the pool because 'Jongin said so,' and quickly abandoned his belongings in his shared room with Jongin before going downstairs. The water splashed on Jungmyeon and Yixing once he jumped in as they stayed stationary in their spot at the edge of the pool. Jungmyeon wasn't even in his swimming shorts yet. Yixing bursted out in laughter before pushing him into the water, earning a yelp from him. Baekhyun popped his head to the surface of the water and was dragged down by Jungmyeon. Soon both of them came out with Jungmyeon clinging onto the smaller.

 

Baekhyun blinked at him as he held the elder. "Get off me," he spat.

 

Jungmyeon rolled his eyes. "I don't want to."

 

"Why is that?" The blonde grinned.

 

"Because I actually like you now."

 

"Really? Prove it by letting me go." Right when Baekhyun was about to push away from the elder, Jungmyeon clung onto him tighter and shook his head repeatedly.

 

"No, no, no, no. Ican'tswimokay."

 

"Hmm? What did your say?" Baekhyun teased.

 

"I. CAN'T. SWIM." Jungmyeon recited out loud.

 

"You can't swim??" Both of the boys looked directed at where the voice came from and met with Jongin's shocked eyes.

 

Now laughing, they took a step back before running to the edge of the pool and jumping in. Jungmyeon yelped as he was heavily splashed and clung onto the blonde tighter than he was, which caused Baekhyun to submerge back into the water with him. If this is what happens when you allow stupid people into your house, then Jungmyeon regretted his decision to let these so called 'friends' inside his luxury!

 

[Yellow Electric Guitar Vibe]

 

"You think you can visit me?" Chanyeol asked as he swirled his fork to gather up the pasta, "I have been very lonely lately." The man pouted when he heard his sister sighed on the other side of the line.

 

He was aware of what happened with his sister and cursed at their parents for putting her through trouble, especially in the presence of their enemy. Not that he really cared. He only wanted his sister to be safe and away from royalty. There were times where he would beg Yoora to escape from her status and live freely under no parental surveillance, but because he did it, there was no way she could do the same. Their parents needed someone responsible and bound to duty anyways, and that did not have his name written on the throne.

 

"I mean— I could try? Is Yixing home yet?"

 

Chanyeol hummed. "He is back, but he is at Jungmyeon's."

 

Yoora knew. She was told by Yixing before he hopped on a plane to come back. She knows of Baekhyun now, and going to Jungmyeon's house was exactly what she was doing— in secret. "If I can't come over, I will make it up to you. Sounds good?"

 

Her brother huffed through the phone and placed his fork down. "What will you do for me? Order delivery service?" He asked sarcastically, but the thought of more food was not as bad as he thought of it. "Unless?" Yoora laughed as she showed security her face through the small crack of her window and moved passed the gates to Jungmyeon's entrance. "If so, I want tteokbokki and chicken, okay? I'll love you forever."

 

"You act like you've never said that before, Park Chanyeol. I'll buy it for you, okay? I'm going to go now. I'm meeting up with someone." Yoora said as she pulled up to the entrance doors.

 

"What? At almost eleven? Who are you seeing?" Chanyeol questioned.

 

Yoora shook her head and moved her finger to the end button. "Good night, little bro." Then she hung up on him.

 

Chanyeol looked at his phone before scoffing and placing it down on the counter. "She is definitely seeing someone."

 

Once she stepped out of her car and faced the entrance doors, she quickly scanned her eyes to see if the camera at the door was blinking red. When she knew Jungmyeon's cameras were not recording yet, she made her way up the steps before knocking on the doors. She was aware that all guards and maids have left prior to coming. Not even Jungmyeon knows she was coming. Less than thirty seconds, Yixing opened the door for her and quickly snuck her in before closing the doors shut. Jongin was behind him to follow out of curiosity. Once he made eye contact with the princess, he froze. She caught his reaction and began laughing.

 

"Park Y-Yoora, right?" Jongin asked as he extended his hand out. Yoora glanced at his hand and bowed her head. He quickly crossed his arms and bowed his head, "You look awfully like your brother! It is a pleasure to meet you!"

 

A yelp was heard from downstairs and Yoora looked at Yixing curiously. Jongin turned his heels and rushed downstairs to tell Jungmyeon and Baekhyun to quiet down, leaving the two alone.

 

"Do you know what you're doing?" Yixing asked in a whisper and she nodded. "Don't reveal everything. I don't think this is a right time."

 

Yoora agreed. "Nothing horrifying is happening to him, so I'll keep it to myself. I just want him to know that his secret is safe with me. Besides, no one has ever liked Chanyeol like him before. Well, not that I am aware of since Chanyeol never liked anyone—" Another yelp was heard and this time it was coming from Jongin. The tan boy rushed upstairs with his whole body soaked after seeing him completely dry in his swimming trunks. He ran passed the two and soon Jungmyeon crawled his way up with tears in his eyes.

 

With his body sprawled out on the floor, he faced Yixing and the princess and quickly peeled himself off of his marble floors. "Yoora? Oh, look away from me for a moment!" He cried as he rushed down to where Baekhyun was and ripped the towel off of his body to cover himself. He came back upstairs and had a shy smiled plastered on his face. "W-Why are you here this evening? It's very late," he said as he took her hand and kissed her knuckles.

 

"I... I came to pay you a short visit. It has been awhile since we've last spoken, yes?" Yoora's eyes glanced towards the steps that lead to the indoor pool, and she was starting to wonder why Baekhyun wasn't making his way upstairs.

 

Jungmyeon nodded his head and looked at Yixing. "I think you can her to the kitchen while I freshen up, yes? I apologize for my appearance, Yoora."

 

The woman shook her head while waving her hand. "It is late in the evening. It's no problem." Jongin came back into the area and was about to go downstairs until Baekhyun made his way up. The boy handed him the towel he had over his shoulder and Baekhyun grabbed it with a smile. Once he wrapped himself with the warm towel, he looked right at Yoora. His cheeks began to become pink as he hid behind his cousin shyly.

 

"You must be prince Byun?" Yoora asked. "You're more beautiful in person," she complimented honestly. She watched as the blonde prince was guided towards her by his cousin and peeked his head from behind. She bowed her head towards him and he did the same. "Do you know who I am?" Yoora asked.

 

Truthfully, Baekhyun did not. He was clueless. The only thing that throws him off is that she looked too much like Chanyeol, which lead him to make conclusions in his head. Could it be? He shook his head and stepped aside from hiding. "I apologize but I do not know who you are. Clearly I am still adjusting and memorizing faces," he chuckled nervously.

 

She smiled and shook her head. "That is no problem. One thing I want you to be aware of is that I am not supposed to be seen with you. Not even communication!"

 

Everything clicked when Baekhyun widened his eyes. "Are you saying what I think you are saying?"

 

Jongin leaned in to his ear and whispered, "That's Chanyeol's older sister." Baekhyun's mind was ed, and his eyes immediately looked towards Yixing who nodeed at him to assure him. There was no way he could face his sister right now. Specially when he is in his swimwear! How embarrassing and rude! The blonde started laughing to hide his nervousness and gasped.

 

"Oh! I am so rude! Will you excuse me? I need to look proper in front of you," Baekhyun said as he wrapped the towel tightee around his little body, "I can't make our situation worsen."

 

Yoora blushed at him for being more adorable than she has seen on television. "There is no issue with this, but it is your wish to do so. I will wait in the kitchen." After that, she was guided by Yixing into the kitchen on the other side of the mansion while Jongin was dragged by Baekhyun to his room.

 

Once the two were out of sight, Yoora nudged Yixing while wrapping her arm around his. "He will look good with my brother. I already favor him," she said with a sure smile. "There's something about him that makes me like him!"

 

"Trust me, that's how he has the whole country wrapped around his finger. Everyone loves him," Yixing complimented, "except your parents. I've heard some rumors circulating around the kingdom."

 

The woman waved her hand at him while shaking her head. "Don't listen to them. They're still hanging close to the rivalry."

 

While the conversation in the kitchen continues, Baekhyun was freaking out with his cousin in his room. The blonde didn't even change into warmer clothes or listened to Jongin trying to calm him down. He didn't even notice Jungmyeon peeking in his room from outside, taking in every single information that was coming out of Jongin's mouth. With wide eyes, the elder finally crashed into the room and caused Baekhyun to groan.

 

"YOU like an ENEMY that is the opposite of ME? BYUN BAEKHYUN!" Jungmyeon shouted before Jongin slapped his hand over his mouth.

 

The younger whispered in his ear, "I need you to shut the door and sit down on the edge of the bed."

 

"That sounds so —"

 

"JUNGMYEON!" Baekhyun cried and the elder finally closed door before making his way to the bed. He immediately sat down with his arms crossed and looked straight at him to explain himself.

 

"You know, this looks good for the news. They need more content anyways," Jungmyeon teased.

 

Jongin scoffed and slapped the back of his neck, earning a cry from the elder. "This is serious!"

 

"Yes!" Baekhyun agreed. "Now promise me you won't expose me for liking Chanyeol!"

 

He raised his pinky up in the air in front of the elder, expecting him to immediately do the same. Baekhyun hoped that he wouldn't tell Jungmyeon until after he talks to Yoora, but because of his cousin's big mouth, that was not going to happen. Jungmyeon bit his lip and began to ponder on the thought. The blonde rolled his eyes as he tried to hold his patience back.

 

"We haven't even heard from Chanyeol though. He's like a ghost right now. Wasn't he spotted somewhere in Seoul? I could've bumped into him around that time. Can I have something in return if I promise?" Jungmyeon, the pain in the , asked.

 

The cousins looked at each other with an expression only they know and nodded their heads in acknowledgment. Swiftly, Baekhyun went in for the chokehold while Jongin slammed his entire body on top of Jungmyeon's. This, and the many things the boys did prior to this, made Jungmyeon question why he decided to invite them for a few days was a good idea.

 

[Yellow Electric Guitar Vibe]

 

Sitting around the dining table with pizza on their plates, Yoora took a sip of her soda before clearing . "I hope you won't feel obligated to avoid me, Baekhyun. You too, Jongin and Jungmyeon. This is a serious matter." Jongin and Jungmyeon, with scratches and bandages covering their hands and cheeks, nodded in unison with pizza stuffed in their mouths. "Everything I said remains confidential, and it is for Chanyeol's own sake. If anyone walks away from here saying that Chanyeol left his royal status to have a normal life pursuing music, then I will charge you. Am I clear?" Everyone nodded, including Yixing, and she returned back to her bubbly self. "Good!"

 

Baekhyun blushed as he wiped his mouth. "Thank you, Yoora. I hope you won't tell him of my real identity yet. I think it will overwhelm him. Wait— I mean it will?" He immediately shuts up when he caught himself babbling nonsense.

 

"No, I understand you. Don't worry about a thing, okay?" Yoora assured him.

 

"This is honestly mindblowing," Jungmyeon said with fascination in his eyes, "it's like a movie. I didn't expect him to hate being a royal. Are you sure this is the whole story of it all?"

 

Yixing glanced over at Yoora for her answer before reaching for his beer. "That's all of it. There's nothing else." She answered. For once, Baekhyun felt more comfortable enough to like someone so openly, especially when it's his family's enemy. This is definitely a movie.

 

[Yellow Electric Guitar Vibe]

 

Around one in the morning, Chanyeol woke up to the sound of the doorbell and groaned when he realized that he has to get up. Climbing out of his bed, he made his way out of the room and towards the entrance door. He looked through the peephole and saw a box and a bag in front of the door. With a wide smile on his sleepy face, he quickly opened the door and grabbed the two items before closing the door shut. He ran to the living room and began unboxing the huge box. Once he took his item out, he felt tears forming in his eyes.

 

"My baby, you're finally home!" He sighed as he looked at his new yellow electric guitar. He has been eyeballing the guitar for months since he laid his eyes on it in a store, and now that he had the money to purchase it, he finally made his wish come true. With the songs he already composed, he knew for sure that once he starts playing with it, it's a game changer.

 

Forgetting all about the small bag, he placed the guitar on the couch and reached for it. He ripped the staple off of the bag and looked inside to find his tteokbokki and fried chicken. Just the way he liked it. He made a mental note to text his sister in the morning before cleaning up the mess he made and running with his new guitar to his studio.

 

[Yellow Electric Guitar Vibe]