Ch. 24

Husband or stranger?

Everything might look good now after Yesung was released from the hospital and Siwon showed him their house. However, Yesung has still too many problems. Heechul comes in their house three times per week to make sure he is getting better. The progress is slow, very slow. Yesung suffers from insomnia, panic attacks and more but Siwon is especially scared of his hallucinations. 

 

Yesung can start freak out of nowhere, he just suddenly starts to scream and fight with invisible dangers. Heechul told him what to do in such cases but Siwon is still terrified. It isn’t easy to watch his husband being in pain and Siwon needs to cheer him up so he bought a kitten. The kitten is from a shelter, it is just white, fluffy and abandoned kitten who brings ray of happiness in Yesung’s life. He loves the kitten who is very cuddly and likes to sit in Yesung’s lap. Siwon doesn’t mind cleaning after the cat or the fact that the white hairs are everywhere. Heechul is surprised that the kitten has such effect on Yesung - the man is getting calmer with the animal around. 

 

The weather is warm enough so Yesung can be outside without Siwon worrying that he will get sick. Their house has a nice garden where Yesung sits and pets the kitten and Siwon sits next to him. Like right now when he is staring at his husband. Siwon thinks that Yesung gained some weight, his cheeks are chubbier and he doesn’t look so sick as he did before. Yesung cuddles with the kitten and the drugs he is still taking made his mind slow and quite glassy so he doesn’t mind Siwon’s staring and giggles because the cat is his fingers. Siwon his black hair and smiles.

 

“What would you like to eat?”

 

Yesung’s glassy eyes turn to him and Yesung slowly blinks. He doesn’t know what he wants to eat, he will let Siwon to choose. Siwon gently grabs Yesung’s elbow and helps him to stand up. They go inside the house and Siwon seats Yesung on the couch in the living room. He goes to put a pizza in the oven - the pizza is with cheese and ham and more cheese is in the crust. Soon they are munching the pizza and then Yesung goes to take a nap. 

 

Siwon watches sleeping Yesung for a moment and then goes to take care of their pet. Then he starts to read one of the books Heechul gave him so he can better understand to what is going on inside Yesung’s head. The books are hard to read but Siwon is working on getting the information in his head. Heechul also gave him a book to help Siwon with dealing with his guilt. Siwon’s feelings depend on Yesung’s feelings so Siwon takes care of his husband and gives him all the love he has. Siwon reads for a long time and then goes to check on Yesung again. His husband is awake and now stares out of a window until he realized that Siwon is there. Yesung smiles at him and gets up. Siwon smiles back at him and kisses his cheeks. They usually go on a walk because Yesung needs to get a bit of some exercise and the slow walk is great. Siwon is holding Yesung’s hand and they slowly walk for a while before coming across a coffee shop. Siwon buys a coffee but Yesung’s medicine isn’t good with caffeine so Yesung gets a smoothie with strawberries, bananas and apples. Then they start to walk again and sat down on a bench in a park. It feels a bit weird that Yesung is so slow thanks to the drugs, he reminds a zombie but Siwon knows that soon Yesung will feel better and he will stop taking the meds. For now Siwon will patiently wait with a wide smile plastered on his face.