VIII. Red Lights.

Marrying Sehun
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

VIII. Red Lights.

When I got to the bar I bounced around joyfully, stopping to give air hugs and kisses to everyone I saw much to the shock of my co-workers. I'm not an unpleasant person to be around -- the back of the house loves me. I'm constantly bringing in coffee and baked goods when a bad bout of insomnia hits, plus there's a bit of ethnic camaraderie since I'm the only black person on staff and most of the chefs, busboys and dishwashers were either Italian or Hispanic. Such was the way of most restaurants in the area.

The front of the house, well...I have a teensy bit of a reputation of being a huge . When I waved hello to Iliana -- who was by in large my least favorite bartender to work with because she has the IQ of a baked potato -- she looked like her head was going to explode, which I wouldn't have minded either. I hummed happily while I did my opening duties, waiting for Colin to get his habitually late to work so the fun could begin.

Iliana and I worked side by side silently to set up until she suddenly did that high-pitched giggle that made my ears bleed. "Hi, Mr. Baek!"

"Hello, Miss Reyes." The hair on my arms stood at attention at the sound of his voice. "Good evening, Miss James."

I looked up from the glass I was washing. He was standing in front of me on the opposite side of the bar, leaning on his forearms. Staring at me. Again. "Hey Boss," I whispered, my voice suddenly nowhere to be found.

His eyes flickered over to Iliana before settling back on my face. "Miss Reyes, please go see if Anthony needs additional help with the liquor delivery. Mr. Patrick is there assisting as well."

"Anything for you, Mr. Baek," she said with another obnoxious giggle and took her fast back into the kitchen. When we were alone in silence I took the opportunity to ask him, "Why are you always staring at me?"

His eyebrows rose slightly. "Am I?"

"Yeah, kind of. Every time I work and you're down here...well, you stare."

"I wasn't aware. I apologize if I've made you feel uncomfortable."

I dried the glass with a paper towel. I u

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter