Chapter L "Without Sehun"

Marrying Sehun
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Greg: "Soojung, I have to be honest. We've been seeing each other for about three months, and you've yet to really open up about anything." Grey eyes bore into me until I felt uneasy and turned to the window. Gregory Owen had a pleasant voice and a very serious demeanor, traits I probably would have found attractive if he weren't so damn nosy.

Though I supposed that was just part of his job, as he's one of the most sought-after psychiatrists on the East coast.

Soojung: "I don't know, what do you want me to say? I'm fine. I'm getting A's in all my classes. I got accepted to all three of my top grad schools early. I'm eating. I'm taking my meds. I'm alive. I don't know what else to tell you."

Greg: "You've barely spoken about your mother -"

Soojung: "Because she's been dead for three months. There's nothing to talk about."

He scribbled a note on his iPad before looking up again. "Are you still secluding yourself from your friends?" Greg asked,

 

A valid question. After my mother's funeral I shut my phone off and, other than class, had barely left my apartment. I dropped out of the sorority, had my cleaning woman start doing my grocery shopping, and did nothing but study. Sam stopped by every few days to make sure I was alive and then, I assumed, reported back to Sydney. Finally she had enough, coming to me herself and physically dragging me out of the apartment. "No, and not by choice. Sydney...can be very persuasive."



"It's good to have people in our lives to push us sometimes."

"If you say so, I just think she's psychotic."

Dr. Owen chuckled softly. "What about your boyfriend, Sehun? Have you spoken with him recently?"

"Ex. Ex-boyfriend. And no." I hadn't seen or heard from him since the wake, both Sydney and Sam had an unspoken pact to not mention him around me. In my mind he found someone else, someone normal, was married with three gorgeous children, as illogical as it was given the timelin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter