Chapter X "Baby"

Marrying Sehun
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

***

After I dropped off Sydney and stopped by the house to take care of some business I drove to the Omni hotel where the wedding reception was being held. Once I turned the keys over to the valet I retrieved my sleeveless, antique silver floor-length gown from the backseat of the car; I wasn't sure if I would get there on time but I brought it just in case. After getting the key to our room from the front desk I made my way up to the eleventh floor. I approached our door but stopped short of unlocking it when I heard voices behind it.

"Dude, are you sure you don't need to go to the emergency room? It looks pretty bad."

"Nah, it ain't broken. Besides, I'm sure he's on his way there now and I don't need to run into that motherer again. I think he learned his lesson."

"I've never seen so much blood! I think he pissed himself too."

That statement was followed by a round of boisterous laughter. I unlocked the door to find Sehun and Sam sitting on the king-sized bed and the group of merry men I'd left on my living room floor earlier in the day standing around them. They didn't notice me until I saw Robert and Chris wrapping both Sam and Sehun's swollen, bloody fists with gauze. "Sehun Oh what the hell did you do?!"

My husband acknowledged my presence with a calm gaze, sipping from the glass of amber liquor in his good hand. The other guys at least had the decency to look guilty. "Oh man, she middle-named him. He's in trouble," Greg whispered.

I pointed to the door. "Get out." The guys patted him on the shoulder when they walked past him, muttering "Sorry Soojung," as they vacated our room. I stared at Rambo Jr. and tossed my dress on the bed next to him, not knowing where to start. "Are you kidding me with this?"

"Soojung, calm down."

"I most certainly will not calm down. Look at your hand! How did you even know where he lives? What if he presses charges? Oh my God," I gasped as I put my hand to my mouth to halt the incoming flux of nausea, "You didn't kill him, did you?"

He stood and set his tumbler by the TV stand before finishing the first aid on his hand. "Jesus, woman, no. He's fine." Sehun chuckled darkly. "Well, he ain't fine, but he's breathing."

"Hey , this isn't funny."

"No, that - little beatin' on a woman isn't funny. Look, you can be mad all you want, but he's lucky I didn't kill him and I don't feel bad about it. So if you're done I'm gonna go shower."

"We're not done talking about this!" I yelled.

He walked past me and started ing his shirt as he headed to the bathroom. "Actually, we are. You can either come me in the shower or stay out here and to yourself, either way I'm goin' in here now." He shut the door most of the way and I heard the shower come on.

His unbelievable arrogance pushed my anger over the edge and I abruptly blurted out "Don't think you're going to act like this once this baby is born!"

The shower turned off as quickly as it had started. Sehun opened the door and stared at me incredulously. "What did you just say?"

Damnit. It wasn't how I wanted to tell him but the cat was out of the bag now. I put my hand on my hip and sharply cut my eyes at him. "I am not 'ride or die' chick. If you go to prison for doing stupid because you can't reign in your testosterone I will take this child and divorce your , I swear to God."

His hand flew to his chest as he inhaled deeply like someone punched him dead center, a pure smile stretching across his face. "Are you...am I gonna be a daddy?"

I couldn't stop myself from grinning. "I haven't decided if I'm going to let you live yet...but yes."

In a split second I was in his uninjured arm when he picked me up and swung me in a circle while I squealed happily. He put me on my feet and placed his hand on my stomach. "But...I...how? I thought it took two or three months for the pill to wear off."

"My doctor says it's different for everyone and we had , like, ninety times in the last couple of months. My OB says I'm eight weeks...is it okay? I know you said you weren't ready anymore but it happened before Mexico, so..."

"Is it...are you kidding me? You in' wonderful, beautiful, magical woman." Sehun kissed me a million times all over my lips and face and neck as my heart swelled with joy. "God, Soojung. I love you so much I could explode."

I pushed him away from me and toward the bathroom door. "I love you too, but can you explode in the shower? You smell like scotch and blood and it's making me want to hurl."

". Sorry." He kissed me one last time before heading back to the shower, pumping his fist in the air triumphantly. "I'm gonna be a daddy. Whoo!" I laughed at his enthusiasm, feeling grateful for some good news at the end of a bad day. I undressed and climbed onto the soft bed, pulling the sheets over my body and reaching for the remote. After scrolling through a few channels I found an old black and white movie to fill the silence. I took a moment to close my eyes and reflect on the news. I had been so preoccupied with how Sehun would react that I hadn't really processed it myself.

Happy. We're happy. Just be happy.

Minutes passed, and when I finally opened my eyes my towel-clad husband was standing by the edge of the bed beaming down at me proudly. I propped myself up on my elbows but kept my s covered. "You are just so pleased with yourself right now, aren't you?"

"Darlin', you have no idea. Knockin' up my wife the second she stops taking the pill? I am all man, baby." I giggled lightheartedly as he dropped the towel and slid into the sheets facing me. I pointed to his injured hand and asked, "Does it hurt badly?"

" yeah it hurts. Skulls are hard and his took a serious beatin'. Sam threw in some broken ribs for good measure." I frowned, tracing the gauze with the tip of my pointer finger. "Look, I get that you're mad, but any guy who beats the out of a woman, one of my friends -- and my wife's best friend -- is gettin' his beat. Schoolyard rules, that's just how it goes. He in' deserved it."

"He definitely deserved it, but I still don't like it. You could get in some serious trouble. No more beating people up, Sehun."

"Well you don't have to like everything woman

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter