Chapter 2

Anthos Portokalias

“Hey, come back here you little rascal! I wouldn’t have lost if not for that cheap dirty trick that you pulled on me. HEY~!” The shout from the apprentice mage soon fell behind the young squire’s ears as she darted through the crowd to avoid punishments from the headmaster. 

 

“It’s her fault for not paying attention to her surroundings. And she’s a mage, why would she be afraid of frogs? I thought frogs are always one of the best companions for the family of necromancy..” The squire shook her head while thinking back to the incident just now. She then quickly pulled out her scroll and almost peed on her armor when she realized that she’s about to miss her favorite class of the day. 

 

‘Sparring.’

 

This training is especially interesting and fun to the young squire as it is the only activity that allows her to be herself without wrecking the tools or breaking the rules during classes. Of course, there were times she went a little overboard, but most of the times she can get away with it pretty easily. She was looking forward to beating up one of the school bullies once again but it seems like the schedule today was a little different than usual. 

 

“Okay class, since we’re pretty much done about with our physical training, I want to proceed more into the mental aspect of it. You might have heard of a subtype of knights being referred to the elemental knights. I know you have some questions about this and that.. But let me finish first… So from now onwards, to prepare you for the next few lessons, I am going to bring all of you somewhere far from civilization and I’ll get y’all to have a look at nature. Make sure you don’t make a fool among yourselves or you’ll receive training from me. Got it?”

 

“Yes, m’am!” The students all shudder at the thought of the training the teacher meant. One hit from her will guarantee you to lie on the bed for weeks. The teacher wasn’t joking at all. It was clearly a threat, so all the children behaved their best as they can while they make their way to the mountains.