Chapter 10

Anthos Portokalias

“Thanks for the refreshing meal, I really enjoy it. And look, my limbs are alive and kicking! Thanks for the recommendation!” The refreshed squire then proceeded to hug her mage friend as tight as she can.

 

“You’re uhh very welcome?” The mage managed to squeeze the few words before being drowned in the bear hug her friend has to offer. 

 

“So what adventures have you been up to lately? I heard the mage people are getting a lot of quests from the village nearby. I wanna go on one too, it sounds interesting.”

 

“Yeah, sure it sounds interesting… Wait till you see what lies in front of you during the actual quest..” The mage shook her head, seeing how naive her friend was.

 

“Oh yes, by the way. I have something to show you.” The mage then pulled the squire aside, just to confirm her suspicions. 

 

“What is it?” The squire asked softly at the strange request her friend have.

 

“I found this by the swamp this morning when I finished my quest. I was thinking it might have something to do with you.” The mage shot a slight glance to the other girl.

 

“With me?” The squire opened her eyes with disbelief.

 

“Yeah, I mean... Usually the training of your level doesn’t require the loss of that much mana, and lately, you seemed pretty off. With your attitude, and more importantly, your lack of energy. So unless a spell has been done to you recently or you’ve simply swapped bodies, which I think the latter is unlikely due to our strict borders around the school.” The mage explained.

 

“You have to apologize to my eye-bags if what happened to you is true. It took me a great deal to nail down this information about just this one little thing.” The mage stared angrily at her friend, who ended up laughing.

 

“You look like a panda! Hahaha..” The squire burst out laughing before noticing the flower bulb the mage was holding in her hands.

 

“Here, hold it. If it belongs to you, it should show some changes.” The mage then carefully placed the bulb into the squire’s hands. 

 

“Uhm sure?” The flower bulb didn’t respond.

 

“That’s weird. Hey, think of where you were the last time you were before you wake up this morning.” The mage then prompted the squire, who willingly complied.

 

All of a sudden, the flower bulb turned into a shade of pink and heat started to generate out of the little thing. 

 

“Woah…” Both girls then stare at the bulb in wonder before the change disappeared as quickly as it came.

 

“See? I knew it was yours.” The mage smiled before noticing her now fainted friend on the ground.

 

“YuJiN?! Wake up! I can’t levitate you all the way back to your dorms when you’re this big-sized!” The mage was exasperated. Luckily for her, she found a few friends of the squire around the corner, and they promised to carry the girl back while she makes her way to her training. 

 

A single petal of the bulb can be seen clutched in the hands of the young female squire.