Chapter 9

Anthos Portokalias

“Woah, that was really tiring..” The young girl whined to her mage friend who was about to start her training sessions in the evening. 

 

“Really? But all I heard from the other kids from the same course as you were that you were having fun playing tag with them and slacking off throughout the entire day.”

 

“What?! Who said that? I worked hard to deserve my break!”

 

“Hmm.. either way I don’t trust y'all people.” The mage shifted her specs up her nose. 

 

“You don’t trust me??” The squire showed her puppy eyes to her frowning friend.

 

“The you right now? No.” She then readjusted her specs so that it’ll place itself well to cover her eye-bags. 

 

“But it still doesn’t explain why I’m so tired.” The squire re-enacted her loudest yawn after the alchemy class. 

 

“Maybe your mana is left on running low?” The mage then tapped on the squire’s head to see how much mana the girl has. Indeed, the mana shown was blinking red. 

 

“Hey, I know of a place. We mages go there all the time when we’re just starting out.” The mage then grabbed her tired friend to the potions store just down the avenue. 

 

“Thanks.”

 

“No worries, I need to get myself some mana potions as well.”