Chapter 7

Anthos Portokalias

The young female squire woke up after a good night’s sleep. She was expecting to see herself in the mountains but much to her surprise, she ended up back in the school dormitories.

 

“Hey, you were so tired yesterday we had to carry you back from the mountains. As an apology, we demand a meal from you at the nearby inn.” The male leader of the team said. 

 

Unwilling to rebut her leader’s order, she complied. She then tidied her bed and found her lost scroll lying under her bed for the entire time. 

 

“Ohh, that’s where you are.” She exclaimed as she held up the scroll triumphantly.

 

She was about to note down what happened in the mountains the day before but nothing came to her mind. 

 

“That’s weird, I’m pretty sure I know the girl. Why can’t I remember how she looks like or where she stayed in. All I can remember is that she lives in a mushroom…” The squire scratched her head before getting interrupted by her fellow dorm-mates. 

 

“Hey~~ You still owe us a meal, you dimwit.”

 

“WHO ARE YOU CALLING A DIMWIT, GET BACK HERE YOU BASTARDS!!!” The squire feeling offended, rushed out of the room with the scroll in her hand.

 

---

 

“Okay kiddos, this will be the last time you’ll be in the mountains since all of you are pretty much familiar with how nature looks. From next week onwards, all lessons will be held in the planetarium to see how different elements fuse and work together. So it’ll be more lecture-based. Remember to bring along your scrolls for the entire training sessions from then on! Hear me?” The teacher shouted so she makes sure the kids at the back could hear her. 

 

“Yes, m’am!”

 

---

 

The apprentice mage who was on the way back from her training was walking on the bridge over the swamp when something odd by the side of the bank caught her eyes. 

 

She cast a levitating spell to see what the object was but was startled by it. 

 

“Why would it be here? These things are only supposed to come out every 80 years… It hasn’t even been that long since one of these has been found.” The girl held the flower bulb in her hands. 

 

“Should I pass this to the head of witches..? Nah, she’ll just pick on me further just to see where I got this from. I already have enough problems with her.. Urgh. I think I’ll just keep it with me now. Thank goodness this is small enough for me to cast the invisibility spell.” The mage switched out her casting wand and then placed it in her backpack before continuing on her journey back to the academy.