Chapter 3

Anthos Portokalias

The flower elf was just humming a soft melody when her feet felt an unusual vibration off the ground. She brought her ears close to the soil and noted that a big group of people is coming towards her direction. Worried, she immediately put down her tools and ran behind a tree near the soiled path to peek at whatever the big swarm might be. As predicted, the yearly training for the Forestyia School of Magia had just begun. 

 

She quickly headed back to her garden and finished what’s needed to be done. Soon after she walked into her mushroom house, she spotted several kids in armor, which she assumed to be the knights-to-be. She sat back and had fun watching the children have fun in the wilds while on their training until her eyes fell onto a familiar-looking figure.

 

“Isn’t that girl I saw in my dreams?” The elf took a sudden interest in one of the students who was laughing with her friends. She then stared at the young female squire for quite some time before pulling herself together for being weird. Not willing to dwell deeper into those thoughts, she went back to her bedroom and started reading her journal. Unfortunately for the elf, her stare didn’t go unnoticed by the squire herself. 

 

“That girl who just stared at me was so pretty, she disappeared when our eyes met though. I really want to see her again.” The squire thought to herself before her name was called out by the female instructor who scolded her for spacing off under the bright daylight.