Chapter 1

Anthos Portokalias

Flower stems started sprouting out from the soil whenever a footprint was left etched on it. The flower elf was ready to start growing a new batch of flowers and herbs for the season up ahead. She packed her belongings and headed down to the marketplace. 

 

While gathering information as to what her future potential customers might like, the elf searched through the shops in the downtown valley to check out which products have been re-invented and modified. After a few hours spent in the crowded marketplace, she heads back to her place of residence hidden behind the mountain, a distance away from the human race. 

 

“Thud!” She flipped her bag over on her bed and a variety of items fell out sporting different fertilizers, as well as new gardening tools.

 

The elf then headed out into her garden and surveyed on the untouched soil before deciding on which seeds to grow first. 

 

“The weather is getting a little warm lately. Blue-pepperbells and Snakewiggles won’t grow well in this kind of conditions.. Might need to get something else from the shack behind..” The elf spoke to herself while checking out the conditions of the environment. 

 

The sky soon turned dark before the elf knew it. She took out her gardening journals and flipped open to the last written page. After noting down the events during the day, she went back to her sleeping room and switched on the mushroom-lamp. Its green light seemed to have a soothing effect on the elf as she slowly drifted off to sleep. 

 

In her dreams, a girl of around the same age seemed to be waving at her from a distance…