What happened?

Come back Chaeng!

 

The next day.

Lisa brought a sandwich and bottled tea for me, we are in my room sitting on my bed.

I unwrapped the sandwich and took a bite, I moaned "This is delicious. You want some?"

She shook her head "I already ate breakfast."

"You always eat first, why won't you wait me?" I grumbled.

"Because you're always late," she countered as tight-lipped smile drawn on her face.

I huffed and took a big bite of my sandwich.

"Awwwee... My girlfriend is so cute," she pinched my cheek but I just continued to eat. " Please, don't be mad. I promise, next time... I will wait for you and we will eat together." She put her hand on my shoulder and caressed it.

"Promise?" I pouted.

"I promise," she pecked my cheek.

I smiled "Okay," I put the sandwich down on my lap and took the bottled tea. I took the cap off and drank. "By the way, Jisoo said that Jennie will be here today."

"Really? Today? That's fast." 

I nodded "Finally, I'm gonna meet her."

Lisa sadly smiled "And finally... you will know the truth."

I raised an eyebrow and looked at her, perplexed. "What do you mean, truth?"

She tucked a lock of hair behind my ear "You'll see."

I frowned slightly "Are you hiding somethin'?" I put the tea down on the nightstand, along with the sandwich.

She shook her head and she stood "Let's take a walk, it's good for your recovery."

Clearly, she's avoiding my question. Why do I feel like something might bad happen? This ominous feeling keeps bothering me. 

Lisa is hiding something and I sense that she wouldn't tell it to me. Not yet. Not now. And I won't force her.

I got off from bed and stood next to her. She intertwined our hands.

"Indeed, it's a nice day. Let's stroll around the hospital," she suggested.

Then we walked to the hallway, hand in hand. I'm contented with this... for now. This simple gesture makes me feel happy. I'm happy being with her.

"Where do you wanna go?" She asked.

"Anywhere... with you," I answered.

She smiled sweetly to me then she kissed the back of my hand "Always remember that I'm always here for you. I love you," I feel her sincerity and my heart is happy and satisfied to hear those words from her.

"I love you too."

We were walking when suddenly she stopped and let go of my hand. I quickly looked her, she looked shocked as she gasped.

"She's here," she whispered looking straight.

"She? Who?" I asked, puzzled.

I turned my eyes where she's looking at and I saw a beautiful lady.

Jennie. It just crossed my mind.

The lady is walking toward our direction.

"Jennie," I said.

She looked prim and proper but assertive as well. She's conspicuous in appearance. She's really beautiful and it's noticeable.

"I'm sorry," Lisa said.

I turned to her but she's not there anymore. I hastily looked round but she disappeared. I became anxious as I swallowed constantly.

Where is Lisa? Where did she go? How did she disappear? She's just beside me! I heard her say 'I'm sorry'.

I panicked.

"Chaeyoung," I heard a sweet voice called me. It's somewhat familiar to me.

I turned to the voice and I saw the beautiful lady.

"Jennie," I abruptly said.

"Yes, Chaeng," she smiled.

Then my legs felt weak, I lost my balance and I felt exhausted in an instance. My energy was drained.

I knew my body was falling, I heard a loud thud and everything went black.

 

 

×