Come Back Chaeng

Come back Chaeng!

 

 

 

I didn't know what happened after my memories came back. I opened my eyes and I was in a white place.

It felt surreal being here alone.

I toured my eyes but all I could see was white.

Where am I? Am I dreaming?

Then suddenly, the place contorted and it became dark all over the place. I felt the sudden coldness around me.

Snow. There were heavy snow and wind. Also there were thick ice everywhere.

And someone caught my attention, someone was walking. I could sense that this person was tired.

I walked to the person, it was hard because of the snow and wind. My body was trembling uncontrollably. And there was smoke when I breathed.

I held the person's shoulder, I want to ask the stranger where were we.

"Hey..."

The person turned to me and I froze, stunned.

"No way," she mumbled. "What are you doing here?"

I gasped "Chaeng..."

Her forehead furrowed "You remember."

It was Chaeyoung, she looked exhausted and I could see the hardship in her eyes.

"Why are you here Lisa? You're not supposed to be here!" She yelled angrily but her tears fell down her beautiful face.

I shook my head "No Chaeng, it's you. You're not supposed to be here. We switched bodies. I should be the one who needs to take the pain. You shouldn't suffer like this!"

"It's my fault Lisa so I have to take your place. I can't just see you like that," I wrapped my arms around her. "I saw your lifeless body and I couldn't take it."

"It's not your fault Chaeng. Please you need to come back," I could feel that she shook her head.

"It's my fault because I was afraid that you might leave me so I did that. I was weak Lisa but when we were in Jeju Hospital, you showed me how much you love me. I doubted you and I'm sorry," she poured her heart out.

"So I'm not hallucinating that time, you were there with me," I smiled a bit.

She nodded "But you didn't remember me. Still, you made me feel loved. You showed me how much I mean to you, how much you love me. And now I realize my mistake, I shouldn't have doubted you."

I shook my head then held her cheeks "It's okay babe. Now let me take your place."

Chaeyoung pushed me away "No! You go back there!"

"This is my fight Chaeng! This is my body!" I adamantly said. "Go back to your body!"

"I can't... and I won't." She's really stubborn.

I stepped closer to her "Please Chaeng, let me take my place. This is my fight."

"But I love you so much Lisa, I don't want to see you hurt."

"I love you so much more Chaeng but this is too much. You're not supposed to be here. You took my place."

Chaeyoung hugged me tightly "I can't leave you here. It's sad here and you will suffer from loneliness."

"Don't worry, I promise I'll be back soon," I assured her. "I will fight for you, for us... for my life. I promise. You have done so much for me Chaeng. Now, let me do my part please."

She faced me then held my face "I trust you Lisa." Her eyes continued to swam with tears. "I'll wait for you then." It was forced but I'm glad she finally gave in.

I smiled lovingly "I promise I'll be back," I reassured her.

She nodded "I know, I love you Lisa." She leaned forward to me and captured my lips. I missed her soft lips and she gave me strength with this kiss. I closed my eyes and felt it. It felt so right as my tears ran down my cheeks.

But the time I opened my eyes, she was gone.

I smiled "Now I have to figure out how to get out of this place. I have to go back soon because she will miss me," I chuckled to myself.

 

 

 

x