First Love

Come back Chaeng!

 

 

 

After I ate lunch, we decided to go outside the hospital. There's a little garden beside the building, some patients are strolling there to unwind. It's a peaceful place, perfect for recovery.

We sat on the bench and I toured my eyes around the beautiful creation. I'm always thankful with my life and for everything. God is really kind and loving, His grace is abounding and I'm thankful because I can feel His steadfast love.

Though I can't remember anything, I'm still alive and kicking. I giggled with that thought.

Lisa pouted "What are you thinking?"

"I'm just thankful for everything," I genuinely said.

She smiled then intertwined our hands, it feels so good. I feel like I can do everything with her supporting me.

I stared at her, appreciating her beauty "You're so beautiful," I blurted out.

She blushed and shyly looked down "Thank you."

"Don't be shy baby," I sweetly said.

Lisa looked at me "You too." She stared into the windows of my soul. "I love you," and my heart started to beat wildly.

"I love you so much," she reiterated.

I gulped silently. She's making me nervous but in positive way. I like it. "I love you too... even if I don't remember much. I know, I feel that I love you. It feels so right being with you."

She nodded and smiled lovingly "That's a relief. Your heart still remember me." She put her head on my shoulder.

We stayed silent for a moment enjoying the scenery and the sound of birds and gushes of leaves then I remember Jungkook mentioned Jennie. I'm curious about her, there's an obscure feeling that keeps bothering me.

So I asked "Who's Jennie?"

Lisa quickly stood straight and looked at me, I don't know if she's shocked or what but suddenly her expression changed indifferent with her tight lips.

"You remember her? Dr. Kim Jennie?" My heart clenched again hearing her name. When Lisa say her name, my heart reacts like that. I hope there's nothing wrong with it.

"Do we know her?" I asked with wide eyes.

"Y-yes. She's... she's our friend and she's your..." she trailed off. She's hesitating to tell me as she rubbed the nape of her neck.

"She's my... ?" I'm waiting for her answer, impatiently that I'm unable to sit still.

"She's your... first love." She breathed out sharply.

l raised my right eyebrow "First love?" I just fixed my gaze to her.

"Do you want to know what happened-?"

I cut her off "Yes please." I leaned forward, all ears.

"Jennie is one of our closest friends, we're all friends," she started as she maintained her eye contact.

"Really? Friends? But you said that she's my first love?" I got confused. Is it okay for her that we're all friends?

She nodded "You... you loved her. You started to have feelings for her since college but..."

"But?" I my lips. Sorry for being impatient.

"But she rejected you. You confessed to her but she rejected you because she was dating Kai that time," she quickly stated then she bit her lower lip.

"Ohh..." I felt a little sting in my heart but I really don't mind it.

"I knew that because we were best friends before, you told me everything," she said with her sour expression then looked away.

"Do you already have feelings for me that time?" I feel guilty.

She barely nodded.

I hugged her in reflex, I wanted her to feel that she's all I want now. She doesn't have to be sad because of the past.

It's all in past and she's the one I love now. I know, I can feel it.

"I'm sorry for being insensitive then," I kissed her crown.

"You already said that before but there's nothing to be sorry about. I understand the situation back then," she faced me and held my cheek. "As you said, it's all in past. Besides, Jennie is still our friend."

"So... we're in good terms?"

Lisa let go of my face and rested her head on my shoulder "I guess, you could say that. Don't worry, don't rush things. You will remember it when the time comes."

"Thank you, at least, you are here. I love you," I sincerely said.

"I know and I love you too, Chaeng."

 

 

 

×