Who's Lisa?

Come back Chaeng!

 

 

A nurse went in with her clipboard, she's wearing her all white uniform and her hair tied in a bun.

She's like a typical actress on a TV screen. She's really pretty to be a nurse. Don't get me wrong but that's a compliment. You could say that.

"Thank God, you're awake Chaeyoung," she seemed concern to me then she smiled.

I just stared at her blankly.

"Are you feeling okay now? She asked casually as she looked on her clipboard. Probably, it's my profile.

"Sort of," I answered.

"You were in coma and it's almost two weeks now since the accident," she sadly said.

I frowned. So I've been in an accident. What accident? I can't recall.

I saw her mini nameplate attached to her uniform, it says "Kim Jisoo".

"Jisoo?" I read. "But I can't remember anything," I told her.

Her eyebrows snapped together in confusion "What? You can't remember anything?" She looked up to me.

I shook my head.

"How old are you?" I shook my head, no I can't recall.

"What's the year now?" She asked again and I shook my head. My head is all blank. No information to recall. Everything is vague at the moment.

She frowned more "Do you know where you are?"

"No, I don't," I simply answered.

She sighed "I guess you have Post Traumatic amnesia," she concluded. "But it's weird because you didn't have concussion, you're physically fine. Just few bruises."

"What is Post Traumatic amnesia? And what happened to me? Do you know me?" I asked eagerly. I hate this feeling. I feel really empty. And where's Lisa? She should come back soon, I need her.

"Post-traumatic amnesia or PTA is a state of confusion that occurs immediately following a traumatic brain injury (TBI) in which the injured person is disoriented and unable to remember events that occur after the injury. It means, you may be unable to state your name, where you are, and what time is it," she explained perfectly.

"But don't worry, maybe it's just a reaction because you were in coma. Your memories will be back soon, it's just temporary. It's hardly ever permanent," she assured me. "I've seen a lot of patients like this before and they're all fine now."

"Really? I think that's a relief..." I smiled a bit. I really want my memories back but I will not force it because my head hurts everytime I try.

Jisoo smiled "You had a car accident two weeks ago and you are in Jeju Hospital. And yes, I know you personally because you are a friend and also, a Junior General Doctor here."

"Doctor? Me? Really?!" I asked in disbelief. I can't think of it. Me as a doctor. I feel like it doesn't fit my personality and I don't remember a thing when it comes to medicine. Damn.

"Yes, Dr. Park," Jisoo smiled lovingly.

"Anyway, Dr. Kim will be back in 2 days so we will run some tests to confirm your condition," Jisoo informed.

"Dr. Kim?" It sounds familiar.

"Kim Jennie, my sister," she clarified.

Jennie? My heart clenched hearing her name. I don't know but there's an obscure feeling just thinking of her name.

"She's also a doctor here but right now, she's in Seoul because of what happened... I mean... because of her work," she averted her eyes from me. Why do I feel like she's lying? Or she's keeping something from me?

"But don't worry, she'll be back in two days. Just rest for now Dr. Park," she quicky added.

"T-thank you nurse Jisoo," I smiled.

"Just call me Jisoo, and if you need anything you can call me. Just press the red button," she pointed to the button on the wall beside my bed.

I nodded "Thank you, and just call me Chaeyoung."

She nodded "Okay. You rest," she smiled again then walked out of the room.

I really can't believe it, I'm a doctor?! For real? I feel like something is wrong but I can't tell what is it.

I know I'm being impatient right now, I just can't help it.

"Boo!" Lisa suddenly appeared. I didn't notice her. She sat down next to my bed. "You're thinking too much." She confidently said.

I just looked at her trying to read her.

"I know, you always do that, don't force yourself. It's not healthy," she advised.

I almost got lost from her eyes, she's ravishing. Geez. My heart is pounding quickly but I like it.

"Who are you Lisa?" I curiously asked.

"Good question," she propped her elbow on the bed and put her chin on her palm staring at me. "Who am I, Chaeng?" She smiled.

I feel kinda tense with her gaze, it's her effect on me. I can't think straight, who's Lisa? But I guess, she's important to me. I hope I'm not mistaken.

"I-I don't know..." I muttered. I'm susceptible by her. I can tell that she has this strong impact on me.

"What do you think? Who am I to you, Chaeng?" She asked again.

I can't respond when she calls me Chaeng. I just can't, why?

"Umm... I think, you're... you're really important to me. My heart beats wildly when you're with me," I answered wholeheartedly.

Lisa blushed but she kept it cool and smiled sweetly. She also sat straight but continued to stare at me.

"Who are you Lisa? Tell me please," I literally begged.

Lisa looked away then she calmly took a deep breathe and exhaled sharply.

I'm so entranced by her.

Then she looked back at me with her serious face.

I swallowed silently.

"I'm your girlfriend," she said.



 

×