Flashback

Come back Chaeng!

 

 

{The night before the accident}

After the shoot, I went straight home. I'm tired and I need to sleep.

But before that, I texted Chaeyoung.

Babe, I'm home and I'm about to sleep. I'm so tired. T_T I miss you, I wish you were here. I love you xoxo.

Sent 9:45 pm

I yawned and took a carton of milk from the fridge. My phone vibrated, Chaeng texted me back.

Night shift babe T_T but see u tomorrow. Go to sleep and rest. I miss and love you too xoxo

Received 9:46 pm

I smiled just reading her text, I'm so in love with this girl and I'm lucky to have her.

I finished drinking the milk and I'm about to go to my room when suddenly the doorbell rang.

What? Who could that be? It was so late, I was hoping it wasn't related to work.

I smirked. Maybe it was Chaeng, she will surprise me.

I excitedly went to the door and opened it with a big smile on my face but in my dismay, it's not my girlfriend.

I gasped and my eyes went round when I saw a drunken Jennie. Her eyes were sleepy and her cheeks were red.

"Lisa..."

I gulped "What are you doing here eonni?"

"I want to talk to you," she answered.

"Are you drunk?" I asked the obvious.

"No... just tipsy." She took a step and she lost her balance. I swiftly caught her.

"You're drunk eonni," I hissed. I smelled alcohol in her breath, it doesn't reeks though.

"You caught me," she smiled as she stared at my lips, not discreetly. That made me uncomfortable.

"Eonni, you should go home," I suggested.

"I can't. I want to talk to you Lisa," she insisted.

I sighed "Okay... let's get inside."

In her state, she can't go home. I have no choice, she will stay and sleep here.

I supported her and we went inside my house. I took her to the living room and she slouched on the sofa.

"Do you want water or anything?" I asked.

She nodded.

"What is it?"

"You," she simply answered.

I scowled "Eonni, it's not a good time to joke. I'm exhausted, I want to rest. Tell me what you want then let's sleep."

"Are we going to sleep together?" She asked like it wasn't a big deal.

"You can sleep in my room and I will sleep here," I explained.

"We can sleep together in your room, we always do that before," she suggested.

"You know we can't anymore eonni-"

"Why's that?" She sat straight, her gaze is kinda intimidating. 

"Many things happened and it changed everything," I looked down.

"We're still friends."

"Yes but it's not the same anymore," I sadly looked up at her.

"Why it's not the same anymore? Because you confessed to me but now, Chaeyoung is your girlfriend?" She retorted.

"Jennie eonni..."

"I know I rejected you Lisa and I regret it," her voice quivered.

I frowned "What?" I almost whispered.

"I always knew I have feelings for you but I'm just ignoring it. I'm not in love with Kai and I broke up with him because I love you Lisa, I'm in love with you," she stood and held my cheeks.

It caught me off guard when she kissed me on lips but I quickly commanded myself to move away. Gladly, my body complied. I feel bad about this.

I held Jennie's hands and remove it from my face "I'm sorry... but I love Chaeyoung," I clarified.

"I know... but can you give a chance?" She pleaded.

I shook my head "I can't." I will never leave Chaeng.

"You really love Chaeyoung?" She smiled bitterly.

I nodded then I sat next to her "I love her so much." 

I glanced at Jennie and I saw her tears were streaming down her beautiful face. I feel guilty, did I lead her on?

"I'm sorry eonni," I apologized sincerely.

"It's your not fault, it's me. I rejected you so you moved on. If I were in your shoe, I would do the same. But maybe if I didn't reject you, we were together," she looked dejected. "I'm so stupid because I lost my chance to be happy with you. I hate myself," she started hitting her head so I held her hands to stop it.

"Don't say that eonni, you were just confused back then-"

"But I lost you Lisa... I lost the love of my life."

I wrapped my arms around her to comfort her then she buried her face in my neck as she sobbed.

I feel bad for Jennie, she doesn't deserve this. I know the pain and how it awfully hurts.

"You should rest eonni," I told her as I caressed her shoulder.

"Okay but please... just stay like this," she requested.

I sighed silently "Okay."

Jennie needs a friend to soothe her pain, I'm her friend and I want to help her.





-




 

The next morning.

I'm in the kitchen preparing breakfast, I cooked pancakes and hotdogs. I also toasted loaf breads.

Jennie is in the bathroom taking a shower.

I think she's better now than last night and I'm glad. She slept in my arms that's why my back aches but I'm not complaining because I'm happy to help her.

I put two cups of hot milk on the table and we're ready to eat.

I walked to the living room and my jaw dropped. Jennie is standing there, water's dripping from her hair and only a towel is wrapped around her. I can see her cleavage and smooth white legs.

"Sorry but I have to ask you if you have spare undies for me?" She shyly asked.

I pursed my lips "Oh yeah... um... I have new that you can use."

"What's this huh?" I heard a very familiar voice.

Jennie and I turned to the voice then we saw an angry Chaeng looking at us. 

"Why is she here?" Chaeyoung looked at Jennie from the buttom to top then her forehead furrowed. "And ?"

"Chaeng, she just came here last night-"

Chaeyoung cut me off "Last night? So she slept here with you?"

"Yes. I mean... we slept together but nothing happened," I slapped my forehead. I'm so dumb to say that.

"I came here drunk last night and we just settled things Chaeyoung. Nothing really happened. Lisa loves you,"  Jennie supported me.

I nodded "Yes."

"You were drunk, clearly, you don't know what happened," Chaeyoung countered.

"I was totally sober-"

"Stop. I don't want to hear it. I'm leaving," Chaeyoung rushed out.

"Follow her Lisa, explain everything. She misunderstood us," Jennie concluded. I'm sorry," she looked down and her shoulders were slumped.

"It's not your fault eonni, you should get dressed. I don't want you to catch colds. My new undies are in my drawer. Just take whatever you want, you can also borrow clothes. I prepared breakfast, eat after you get dressed," I instructed.

She nodded "Go Lisa."

"Okay..." I smiled then I followed Chaeyoung.

In the parking area, I saw Chaeng went in her car. I ran to her and quickly climbed in the passenger seat of her car.

"Get. Out." She stiffly stated.

"No, we need to talk," I firmly replied.

She started the engine "Suit yourself," the she began to drive.

I didn't put my seatbelt and turned to her. Her eyes are focused on the road.

"Chaeng... it's not what you think it is."

"What do you think I think?" Actually, I don't know.

"Chaeng, I didn't know that she would come last night. She was drunk but not too drunk, just tipsy. She confessed to me that she loves me and she regrets rejecting me," I explained direct to the point.

"What?" Chaeyoung's grip on the steering wheel tightened. I can see that. She's fuming but she also looks hurt.

"But she's just a friend now Chaeng and I love you. I will never cheat on you, I swear," I adamantly assured her.

Her expression softened.

"Tell me what she did. Was that all? Be honest Lisa," she demanded.

I gulped and stayed silent. Should I say it? I know she will be mad.

"Tell me!" She glanced at me, she looked irritated. "What? Tell me Lisa! Did you have with-"

I interrupted her "No! Of course I didn't. I would never do that!" I scowled.

"Then what? Why won't you tell me?" She raised her voice.

"She kissed me okay!" I breathed out.

There's a moment of silence.

"But it's just nothing..." I lower my voice, I feel guilty.

"And you just let her kissed you?" She accused.

"No! She just kissed me and it caught me off guard," I reasoned.

Chaeyoung slapped the steering wheel frustratedly ". You still love her!" She assumed.

"No. I don't love her like that anymore," I opposed. I pulled my hair in frustration. She's being insecure.

"We should break up."

"What?!" I felt my blood drained out of my body.

"This will not work Lisa-"

"No! I don't want to break up. I love you Chaeng, please don't do this." I begged. My tears quickly ran down my face.

"No Lisa, let's stop this." She sounds so sure about it.

I trembled "Then let me die," I turned to the door of the car and opened it. It's kinda stupid but the pain is eating me. I can't handle it.

The car is running fast.

"! Are you crazy? Stop Lisa!" Chaeyoung yelled.

I'm hopeless but I don't care.

"Goodbye Chaeyoung," I'm about to jump when I feel hands on my shoulders. It stopped me to jump.

"Chaeng..." I turned to her, she let go of the steering wheel to hold me.

"I won't let you die, you dumb!" She shouted.

We both looked at the road when we heard a loud horn. Chaeyoung swiftly held the steering wheel and avoided the car in front of us.

But she lost control and we crashed into the utility pole on the right side of the road. I feel my body jumped forward as my head hit the windshield. I felt the pain but it was just a split second.

Then everything went black.

 

 

x