eight // practice

My Little Dancer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Do your practice and all is coming."
K. Pattabhi Jois

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

A head bopped to the rhythm of a song while the owner's pair of eyes were fixed on the thick textbook in front of her. She had a pen in hand that was busy scribbling away, with the other occasionally pushing her glasses up in which it was resting loosely on her nose.

A loud continuous vibration snapped Yein out of her study mode. Checking her mobile, she saw an incoming call from Mijoo.

"YAH JUNG YEIN!" Mijoo screamed the instant the call connected, causing Yein to winced and pull the phone away from her ear.

Still in a rather loud voice, Mijoo continued, "didn't we agree to meet at five?"

Glancing quickly at the digital clock at the corner of her laptop, Yein's gasped. It was already five fifteen. Jumping out of her chair, she frantically dashed across her bed to the wardrobe.

"Sorry sorry sorry! I totally lost track of time!"

"You owe us one."

"Right, owe you one. I'll be there real quick."

Dropping her phone on her bed, Yein changed to her dance attire and hurriedly grabbed her essentials. Shoving them into her bag, she quickly slung it over and ran out of the room.

//

A door beeped open, causing the occupants within to pause and look up. The dance studio door was pushed open to reveal a heavily panting Yein, looking fairly dishevelled from the sprint.

"I'm so sorry I'm late," Yein said breathlessly, raising one hand up as a gesture of apologising.

"Dinner's on you!" Mijoo said gleefully as she sent a flying kiss to Yein.

Yein winced, "dinner?!"

"Eyy, a drink's fine," Jimin smiled. "Or dessert..."

Yein nodded, "alright, later. I promise."

Tossing her bag to the side of the studio, Yein began stretching out her muscles. She was trying to warm up faster for she felt really bad for being late. Eyeing Jungkook, she tried to see if he showed any signs of annoyance for her tardiness.

Jungkook had his earpiece plugged in and eyes fixed on his phone. He was watching the practice video that Howon ssaem had sent to them. Walking briskly over towards him, Yein gently tapped his shoulder to get his attention.

Nervously playing with her fingers behind her back, she said softly, "I'm good to start."

He turned to face her and as much as Yein has been spending slightly more time with him these few weeks, she still couldn't read his expression. Was he upset she was late? Was he angry? Was he thinking that s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter