four // a close shave

My Little Dancer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Surround yourself only with
people who are going to lift you higher."
Oprah Winfrey

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"OH MY GOODNESS. YOU WERE AMAZING!"

Yein squeezed her eyes shut and cupped one hand over her right ear and the other was used to push a ridiculously loud Mijoo away. The latter was so ecstatic that she was slapping Yein's shoulder and screaming, disregarding any other humans in the studio.

"You're awfully loud, Mijoo unni."

Finally settled, Mijoo sat down beside the freshman. "You really have some background man. You were really, really awesome!"

"Right, guys?" Mijoo shouted across the studio to her friends who were packing up. Most of the students had left and only the committee was left, in which Mijoo was one of them.

"Yah man! You were awesome!" Jimin bubbly answered and scurried over to the girls, leaving Jungkook behind.

"How long have you been dancing?" Jimin asked.

"Uh..." Yein uncomfortably shifted backwards for Jimin sat a little too close for comfort. "I started ballet at four... majored in contemporary in middle to high school..."

Jimin's eyes immediately lit up. "What school?"

Yein's eyes darted around. Other than Jimin's close proximity causing discomfort, there was another issue across the studio. Jungkook was glaring from where he was seated. At least it very much seemed like an unwelcoming glare to her.

"Cheon Ha Arts Middle and High School."

"Cheon Ha?!" Mijoo and Jimin exclaimed.

"Then shouldn't you know Jungkook? He was from Cheon Ha too!" Jimin, now on his knees, pointed at his friend. "And he was legendary!"

At that claim, Jimin received a towel to his face. Dropping a bag on the floor beside Jimin, Jungkook coldly ordered, "hurry up. Let's go now."

Snickering, Jimin whispered to Yein, though loud enough for everyone to hear, "he doesn't like being called a legend. Heck, he doesn't like anyone talking about him back in Cheon Ha."

As they all stood to leave, Yein tipped her head to one side, confusion written on her face.

If he was a legend, why do I not have any impression of him at all? Jeon Jungkook?

Shrugging it off, she followed them out of the studio.

//

Eyes slowly shutting, hand gradually loosing grip of the pen and head on the verge of slamming unto the table, Yein, for the umpteenth time, nodded off. Letting the pen roll off her fingers and putting her head on the table, Yein groaned.

It's all because of the dance prac.

She was currently attempting to do some advance readings but it obviously wasn't going well. The dance practice had drained so much energy out of her that she could hardly stay awake for even ten minutes.

Grumbling with her head still on the table and paper in her face, Yein was so tempted to roll over onto her bed that was just beside her study table. But she knew she had to turn the lights off for she didn't want to risk bursting her electrical bill.

//

"Yein ah!!!"

Yein stuffed the meat she had picked up with her chopsticks into . Raising her other hand to say 'hi', she watched as Mijoo strutted towards her and Jiyeon. She wasn't alone, for a short while after, Jimin a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter