two // mingle

My Little Dancer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"The great thing about new friends
is that they bring energy to your soul."
Shanna Rodriguez

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

To Yein's surprise, the orientation was turning out to be pretty awesome. The students lodging at her block came from a wide variety of majors and they were definitely more fun that stupid.

If you'd like to know what kind of variety, Sujeong was a medical student, Jiyeon, a musical major and Yein herself in mechanical engineering.

"Enjoying it so far?" Jiyeon asked as they sat down for lunch. It was day two (also the last day) of orientation and they had just broke off for lunch.

Yein nodded coolly, "yeah, it's great. Glad I came."

"Do you have any clubs you're interested in?" Mijoo asked as she and Jisoo joined them. Mijoo was a final year in her early childhood degree while her roommate, Jisoo, was pursuing fine arts in illustration. Their room was a level above Sujeong and Yein's. (Jiyeon was a level down.)

"Not that I can think of." Turning to her new friends, Yein asked, "what clubs are y'all in? I only know Mijoo unni is in dance."

"Revolution to be exact," corrected Mijoo in a sassy manner. "It's not just any dance club."

"Right, Revolution," Yein repeated, imitating her sass.

"Med school's pretty mad so I only have time for a little busking," Sujeong informed.

"There's such a club as busking?!"

Sujeong nodded. "Little requirement. Pretty much free and easy; you do what you want, whenever you want."

"I'm in the broadcasting club and Jisoo unni's in a band," continued Jiyeon.

"Wow, a band!" Yein exclaimed. "This school sure has some interesting clubs."

"You should go take a look at the club booths, maybe you'll find something that sparks your interest."

Yein thought for a moment before agreeing. As much as she enjoyed studying, she knew she shouldn't simply bury herself under books. Oppa would have nagged that I need a life.

//

Yein had been to club booths back in middle and high school. But club booths at college were on a whole different level.

Is this a festival?!

Back home, club booths were simple – two tables, two chairs and a handmade signboard. Over here, it was extreme. 'Overboard' might have been a better word to describe it.

Everywhere she turned, there were people handing out flyers, in which some were presently shoving the papers into her hands, dancers showcasing their talents, cheerleaders tossing girls in the air, and volleyballers rallying with each other, just to name a few.

It was rather overwhelming and it made Yein feel so small. She had decided to explore the clubs on her own even though Jiyeon had kindly offered to show her around. She knew Jiyeon had committee things to settle and didn't want to be a bother.

"Oh! Jung Yein!"

Yein frowned upon hearing her name come from the m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter