Getting to Know Each Other

Fate in The Papers

"And the Best Actor Award goes to.....Kim Seokjin!"

Seokjin  smiles, letting out a breath of relief as he stands up and began making his way onto the stage, fans shouting in the distant. The MC smiles at him, his hand out and patting Seokjin's back as he congratulates the actor. "Thank you." he said as he take the award into his hand and walk towards the mic. You can do this. Seokjin smiles as he looks over the huge in front of him. "I would like to thank my family and fans for always supporting me. I'll keep doing my best. Thank you!" He smiles one more time before heading down the stage.

***

"Nice job, Seokjin!" said the staffs as the actor enters the room. Seokjin gives them a smile, thanking them. He sits down in a seat, pulling out his phone. Ten calls? Get a hold of yourself, Seokjin. Thought Seokjin. He opens his messages.

Yoongi: Sorry I couldn't make it. Something urgent came up.

Seokjin sighs, turning off his phone. It's been almost five years yet Seokjin can't seem to understand his boyfriend. Yes, he has a boyfriend. Secret boyfriend. Min Yoongi, music producer. Seokjin had met the other during college. At first, they were just friends, close friends, but Yoongi confessed to him after college and soon enough they started going out. Five years. It was going to be their sixth anniversary.

But.....Something doesn't feel right. After he started becoming an actor, he and Yoongi had made a promise to keep their relationship a secret until Seokjin is ready. Although they had said that, and the older is all over Korea, Yoongi's been more up on his case than ever. They would fight and it was always about the younger wanting their relationship to be out in the public. Don't get Seokjin wrong, he loves Yoongi. He really does.

And over the past two years, Yoongi become more distant. The younger was at his studio more than he was at home or with Seokjin. He was getting lonely and it felt like he didn't have a lover. The older tried talking to the other, but it always ended with the younger running away from him.

Although the actor had a bigger job, Yoongi was always working or busy, and it took away their time together. It only made Seokjin more angry when the producer got himself involved in a scandal.

Despite the fact they made up, the actor can't stand the repeating actions. He just wanted his boyfriend back, the Yoongi that would comfort him with his soft, deep voice and tell him everything would be okay. The Yoongi that would always smile at him, rocking that gummy smile. The Yoongi that would always be by his side

"Seokjin." said a voice, knocking on the door. The actor stands up, walking to the door and opening it. "Yes, manager?" he asks. "You have a shoot in ten minutes," said the manager, flipping through his notebook. "You don't need to call me manager, hyung, we've been working for three years now." Seokjin smiles. "Yes, Namjoonie~!" The younger rolls his eyes. They quickly grab their bags and head to the parking lot.

As they get into the car, Seokjin picks up his ringing phone. "Hello?" answered Seokjin. "How did it go?" The actor smiles at the voice. Namjoon looks over. "Yoongi?" he mouths out silently. Seokjin nods cheerfully. "I'm heading over to a shoot right now. I'll be done in an hour or so." replied the older. "Are you free tonight?" Yoongi grumbles. "No, I have meeting tonight. Maybe another time," answered Yoongi. Seokjin's smile fades. "I gotta go, love you."

"Love you, too." The actor ends the call. Namjoon frowns. "Again? I swear this is the fifth time," said the younger. It is. Seokjin looks down. Namjoon let out a small whimper when he realizes his mistake. "Oh! I hear there's this new ice cream shop around, you wanna go check it out after the shoot?"

Seokjin smiles again. "Sure." replied the actor, knowing the younger's intention were to cheer him up. They make it to the clothing company in the next five minutes. "Woah, it's bigger than I thought." said Seokjin in awe as he looks up at the building. Namjoon nods in agreement.

They head into the building. "Hold on, hyung," said Namjoon, handing his things to the older. Seokjin looks over. "I-I need to go use the restroom. You go ahead." The younger blushes as he rushes to the bathroom. Seokjin chuckles, continuing down the hall and making his way into the elevator. As he make his way out the elevator though, many bags in his hands, the actor finds his back meeting with the hard, carpet floor.

"Oh, I'm sorry!" said a voice. Seokjin groans at the slight pain on his back. He looks up, seeing a figure in a blue hoodie running with his back facing towards Seokjin. Wow, not even gonna help me. The actor frowns, hissing as he helps himself up and collects the bags. "Oh my! Are you okay, hyung?" Namjoon rushes over and helps the older up. "What happened?"

Seokjin sighs. "I'm fine. Just wasn't looking where I was going." he assures the other. They continue down the hall and head into a room. "Ah, here they come!" whispered a voice. Seokjin observes the room as Namjoon introduces himself. He looks at the small set, lights and camera, with an unsettling face. "Excuse me," interrupts Seokjin. "Is this the room where the shoot will take?"

The CEO, he assumes, chuckles lightly. "No, if you don't mind, I've change the shoot outside on our rooftop to match the theme more." Namjoon and Seokjin shakes their heads. "That's fine," replied Namjoon. He looks over at Seokjin. "Shall we start?"

The older seats himself down in front of a mirror as the stylists crowd over him. After getting his makeup and hair done, he heads to the corner and puts on the first outfit from the rack. The actor is distracted when he hears his phone ringing again.

Seokjin picks it up without hesitation, knowing who it would be. "Yoongi, I'm working right now," said the older lowly. He cautiously looks around before continuing. "What is it?" The other doesn't reply. "Yoongi?" asks Seokjin again. He waits for a second until repeating. "Yoongi? Are you there?"

What in the world is he doing? Seokjin sighs, removing the phone from his ear to end the call, when he suddenly hears a noise. The actor freezes. He brings the phone up to his ear again. This time, he was able to make out the noises.

"Y-Yoongi...Oh! Yoongi~..." Seokjin's heart shatters as he hears what come next. "Y...You're so pretty, baby...So tight! Ah~!.." moaned Yoongi over the phone. The actor silently cries, trying his best to not mess up his makeup as he ends the call and took in what he just witnessed.

Yoongi's cheating on me. Seokjin frowns. He lied to me. The older brought his lower lip between his teeth as he recalls the phone call again. "Seokjin," said one of the staffs. He flinches at the voice. "Are you done in there?" Seokjin looks in the mirror and wipes the tears b at the corner of his eyes.

He puts on a smile and head out.

***

"Wow, the line is longer than I expected," said Namjoon as they make their way to the ice cream shop. They make way their way to the line, only to notice it continuing after a corner. "Well. How about you wait out here and I'll get your order?" Seokjin nods. "Get me a strawberry. I'll wait for you on the benches." replied the older.

He watches Namjoon get into the line before strolling down the other side and taking a turn. There, he sat on the benches set on the sidewalk. The actor takes out his phone. Should he call Yoongi? And confront him? Or maybe he shouldn't do anything. Seokjin still can't believe what he heard over the call. Well, more like an accidental call, but it hurts so much right now.

He was jealous that the younger was making to love to someone else; they haven't done it before and Yoongi was always holding himself back. It scares him more not knowing how long the producer have been going behind his back. Why would he do such thing?

The older wipes his teary eyes. He shouldn't be crying in public.

"Hey, is that Kim Seokjin?" The actor looks to the side at the call of his name, finding a group of girls. Well, more like fans. Seokjin gulps nervously as he stood up and began walking away. He had experience this situation before, not much, just a few times, and it was not something he would want to label as a good memory.  One of the girl notices him, eyes widening. "It is! Look!" she calls out, pointing at the actor. The other all turn, squealing. Crud. Seokjin flashes a smile at them, hoping they get distracted and he would have a chance to calmly walk away. It backfires as the girls get more excited and began to surround him.

"Can you take a picture with me?"

"No, no, me first!"

"Can I get your autograph?"

Seokjin walks through the girls, taking his chance to run. "He's running away!" he hears the girls. He pants as he picks up his pace, sprinting faster down the blocks, not caring where he was going. The actor looks to the side, seeing the group of girls across the block. Man, he knows he's popular, but this is crazy! He hurries down the sidewalk, taking a turn at the corner.

Seokjin yelps when he sees a sudden figure in a blue hoodie in front of him, stopping his footsteps and causing himself to lunge forwards onto the stranger. The actor bumps into the firm chest and almost pushes the other down. If it wasn't for the stranger's fast actions, Seokjin could've break his ankle. "Are you alright?" The actor looks up at the soft voice, finding a pair of soft, warm, brown eyes staring at him.

His eyes travels down to the other's small nose, his round pink cheeks, and his plump lips as he observes the stranger's features. The other does the same, despite being shorter, and wraps his arms tighter around the actor unintentionally. Only then had he realizes how close they were. He looks familiar...? They look at each other, just staring at the other like they undertsand the other.

"Where did he go?" Seokjin is brought back to reality when he hears the group of girls. He quickly pulls the other along with him, running behind into a small alley. It takes a while for the group of girls to go pass them, but it works. "Come on, let's go that way." said the girls. Seokjin sighs in relief.

"I'm guessing you're Kim Seokjin." said a soft voice. Seokjin jumps. Oh, he's still here. The actor looks to the side, nodding his head. "And you are....?" asked Seokjin, finding himself looking at the other's blue hoodie. "Park Jimin." said the shorter male.  Seokjin clicks his tongue after a few seconds. "Oh, so you're the rookie actor that's been all over the internet and the midget that bumped into me earlier." said Seokjin, crossing his arms.

Park Jimin, number one rookie actor. He had only starred in two dramas and a movie, yet he's already all over Korea. And Seokjin hates that. He had to live on instant noodles when he started, practicing til he memorized everything, and building his way up to the top. What was so good about Jimin anyways? Sure, his acting is pretty good, but what was charming about him?

The other, slightly surprised by the actor's words, chuckles. "You're cuter than I thought. And, yeah, sorry about that earlier." responded Jimin with a smirk, causing the other to blush. Cute?! "W-Who are you calling cute?!" said Seokjin, pouting unintentionally as he sends a slight glare to the other actor. Before the two can continue, Seokjin's phone began to ring. It must be Namjoon. The actor reaches down and picks up the call. "I can explain later. Come pick me up at xxx street." said Seokjin, ending the call.

Soon after a few minutes, a black van pulls up the alley. "Is it fans again?" asked Namjoon as he open the car's door inside. Seokjin nods. "It wasn't a lot, fortunately," answered the older. He takes Jimin's hand, dragging him in as he enters. "Mind taking my friend, too?" The manager looks over, eyes widening. "Oh, Park Jimin!" said Namjoon in a shock. Jimin nods, confused on the other's reaction. "Are you Seokjin's manager?" asked the younger. Namjoon nods. "How do you two know each other?" asked the manager, starting the car. "We just met," answered Seokjin. "I ran into him." 

Namjoon nods. "I guess that's good. You two will be working together soon anyways." said the manager calmly. Seokjin hums, looking out the window before realizing what the other had just said. "Wait, what?!" asked Seokjin, leaning forwards in his seat. Jimin nods. He looks over at the older with a teasing smirk. "It'll be my first time working with Seokjin-hyung as second lead." replied the actor. The older shivers, trning his head away. So he knew? Seokjin looks up at Namjoon in the mirror. "How come you didn't tell me?" he asked, coding, 'how come you didn't tell me I was going to work with him when I said I wanted to avoid him the most?!'

Namjoon rolls his eyes. "Calm down, Jin-hyung. It wasn't like I was going to keep it away from you," said the manager. "You're more handsome in person, Jimin," complimented Namjoon. "I get why young girls are all over you." Jimin chuckles. "Thank you, hyung." said the younger. Seokjin rolls his eyes.

After dropping off Jimin, Seokjin began to yell at the other. "I thought I told you I don't want to work with Jimin?!" yelle the older angrily. Namjoon rolls his eyes. "It's just this one time only, hyung," said the younger. "Plus, don't you know, this drama will be the new big hit! Best actor of all time and heartthrob rookie working together? Come on, Jin!"

Seokjin frowns. "Still, I don't like him."

***

Seokjin made his way through under the dimmed yellow lights and sits down in the corner, looking over at his phone. Still nothing. "Hey, Seokjin!" said a cheerful voice. He looks up, smiling. "Hey, Hoseok," Seokjin said back. He stands up and gives Hoseok a hand shake before sitting back down. "I just want the usual." the younger nods. "Coming right up!" He walks to the bartender. The older lets out a sigh. What is he gonna do? Yoongi have not said anything and he can't contact the other at all.

He can't think of letting the other go as well. They been dating for a while now, too. Seokjin sighs. He just wishes to be with the other, like how they would usually be, just enjoying each other's company. He miss seeing Yoongi's baby face in the morning when he turned to the other side of the bed.

"Here you go!" Hoseok slides his drink onto the table. Seokjin thanks the younger before taking a sip of his drink. Maybe he should just drink his worries away. The actor gulps down his drink, ordering another one, then another one after that, then another one after that, and so on til he forgot.

***

Seokjin whines at the ringing, moving his hand onto the stand next to his bed and successfully picking up his phone. "Hello?" he  answered tiredly. "Hi Seokjin!" said the person cheerfully on the phone. "Hey, Taehyung," Seokjin said back. "Is there anything you need?" Taehyung chuckles.

"What do you mean, hyung? This should be about you!" said the younger. Seokjin sits up in confusion. "I gotta go, Dad need some help. We'll call you when we get there." Get there? The actor shakes his head. "W-Wait, Tae-"

"Oh yeah, congratulations on your marriage!"

Marriage?!

"Turn off the lights..." said a soft voice. Seokjin jumps at the familiar voice. It can't be...! He slowly looks over. "Park Jimin?!" yelled Seokjin in shock. Jimin whines, rubbing his eyes, letting a shout as well when he sees the other. "W-What are you doing in my room?!" asked the younger. Seokjin scoffs. "Your room? God, how much did we drink?!" he asked himself, pulling on his hair.

"U-Um, hyung..." said Jimin. Seokjin groans, looking over his shoulder. "What?" he asks harshly. Jimin gulps, hand on his forehead as he hands the older the papers he had found. "It's arrangement papers....," said the younger. "With our signatures." Seokjin stares at the papers silently, an emotionless expression washed over his face as he falls backwards.

"Hyung? Hyung!"

This can't be happening. Then everything out.

-----------

This is my first time writing Jinmin and it was hard gor me to get the characters to be them. I wanted to try this plot because I've never go for complicated ideas like this and I want to challenge myself a little. Anyways, thanking for reading this chapter! I promise, it'll be a little more understanding in the second chapter.