29

Deer Godess

 

Turns out, having Sana like Mina so much, and getting the kids to Dahyun’s for a few days was the perfect option, Jihyo had found herself unable to leave the hospital as there were still a lot of patients to get to, and all the help was needed. Jaebum, on the other hand, had been scheduled to work all weekend, he would have to work a 48h shift every two months, it was to ensure there would always be somebody at the plant in case anything went wrong. So each section had their schedules for who would be ‘standing guard’ over the weekend.

 

Chaeyoung had a wedding the previous day, so she was out until Sunday evening, and Momo was stuck in the hospital with Jihyo. Youngjae, bless his heart, had been banned from being alone with Tzuyu by the deity herself, after a very uncomfortable and very pitiful attempt the young man made at coming onto the goddess. It was great that they had agreed to let the kids spend the weekend at the Ims, as much as that displeased both Jaebum and Jihyo, they knew they could count on Tzuyu to watch over her little Deer Priestess.

 

Momo had shot a message, the previous night, to Chaeyoung to pick up the kids on Sunday evening and take them to their house, nobody was at the Parks’ anyways. Jihyo already had enough to worry about without thinking her daughter was at risk of having a run in with Nayeon’s mother, who was the number one person on the nurse’s blacklist. Despite the daughter not being out of said list herself, she was making her way down steadily, hence, the sleepover, but none of the Parks were really willing to allow for much more than that at the moment.

 

“Ji, Chae called and said she’ll pick up the kids around three.”

 

“Thanks, Mo.” The younger woman answers, not looking away from the file in her hands.

 

“Hyo, when was it you went to sleep?” Momo gets concerned when she approaches and takes a better look at the other.

 

“Sleep?” Jihyo chuckles. “There is a fine line between sleeping late and not sleeping at all.”

 

Momo pauses and looks on in disbelief.

 

“Which I chose to ignore. There is still too much to get done and I can still keep going.” Jihyo finishes, looking a little deranged.

 

Momo has had enough, she promised herself she would drug Jihyo to sleep if she had to after the incident in college. She promised to never mention said incident aloud again as well, but that didn’t mean she forgot it. Momo would never be able to unsee the horrors of those three days and will never allow Demon Jihyo to come out again. Having said that, she proceeded to make sure Jihyo was out for at least four hours, that should hold her until they were off that evening.

 

“Jae, I had to knock her out, but she’s asleep for the next few hours.” Momo says into her phone receiver after tucking Jihyo in.

 

“Have I told you how much I love you?” The man answers with relief seeping through every word.

 

“Sorry, I’m married already.” The nurse laughs. “I don’t know the weird kinks you and Hyo have, but I’m not very sure Chae would be too willing for me to participate.”

 

“You know you could just have said ‘Love you too, Jae’, right?!”

 

“Now, what would be the fun in that?”

 

“Maybe you’re right, but I gotta go now, this bathroom break is taking too long already.”

 

“I forgot you are working too. Sorry about that. I’ll take care of her, don’t worry.”

 

“Thanks, Mo. Love you.”

 

“Love you too.”

 

Momo swears she heard a ‘I knew it’ being whisper-shout just before the call cut, she merely smiles and goes back out, Jihyo was right, there was still a lot left to be done and she had already slept sometime during the evening. The woman would make sure to check up on Jihyo from time to time, but it was time to work, and try to spot the bunny woman everyone was talking about.

 

Sure enough, Momo was certain herself and Jihyo were being pranked by every single soul in that hospital, the mysterious pair of bunny ears are nowhere in sight and she gave up a few hours after she began looking. It was better to care for the people who were really there instead of chasing ghosts. On another part of town, however, we have a slightly lost and quite freaked out Chaeyoung, driving her car to pick up her niece and that weird goddess that was now a niece too.

 

She had seen the security car following her, not that they were trying to be subtle, the photographer was certain they were making sure she knew they were there. Just like Momo and Jihyo felt, she was certain that was somewhere she wasn’t supposed to be, too opulent and too stuck up for her to ever think of lingering around more than she really had to. Thankfully, it was fairly easy to find Dahyun’s house, no it wasn’t the modern design and lack of obnoxiousness compared to the other houses, it was Dahyun’s ridiculous purple car with yellow bumpers. Don’t get Chaeyoung wrong, she loved the woman, which didn’t make her friend any less weird.

 

“Yo, Chaeng Chaeng Chaeng!” Dahyun screams as she opens the door, going for the mandatory handshake between them.

 

“Hey Dubs! I’m here for the children.”

 

“We are baking.” The pale woman motions for inside. “Well, Jackson is baking, the girls swear they are helping and Tzuyu was banned from the kitchen.”

 

“Yeah, she’s banned from all the kitchens. She was eating the ingredients again?”

 

“And she was eating the chicken pie we were supposed to be having for dinner as well. So JackJack lost his temper and said he would not hesitate to follow aunt Jihyo’s advice and chop her hands out.”

 

“Well, aunt Jihyo usually knows best.” The photographer laughs as she kicks her shoes off and follows.

 

They head to the kitchen to find Tzuyu sitting in front of the door looking like a kicked puppy, technically she was, and Chaeyoung almost swooned, ALMOST. But knowing the goddess, she was likely to have eaten half of said chicken pie and wasn’t even sorry about it.

 

“It wasn’t half.” Tzuyu mumbles as the duo approaches.

 

“How much, then?” Chaeyoung asks, knowing the goddess had already read her thoughts.

 

“She ate almost all of it.” Dahyun answers fast, before she breaks out laughing again.

 

“I mean, how was I supposed to not eat it! Don’t make it so good, then!” To see a deity throwing a tantrum like a kid was something else.

 

“It’s good to know my food is that good, but aunt Jihyo told me to, and I will not hesitate to dismember you if you ever try this again.” The young man says, having come to check what the commotion was.

 

“Aunt Jihyo knows best.” Chaeyoung remarks, once again.

 

“And I’m already a follower of Gucci, don’t try me.” He warns, seeing there was an argument coming. 

 

“So, you guys are making a Gucci gang?” 

 

“Not worth the try, ma.” Jackson sighs, walking back into the kitchen.

 

Tzuyu lights up and follows, seemingly having gotten an answer to her unasked question. This mind reading thing came in handy from time to time. Nayeon shows up looking like death not much later, she had gone and gave her mother the meeting the woman had come over to demand the day before. She had called Kookie to ask about his opinion on the problem, and both agreed it was not in anyone’s best interest for the woman to just show up again, especially when Sana was over, and it was equally undesirable to have old lady Im on an official meeting as well.

 

With a lot of self coaxing, and a lot of Jungkook’s rambles about how bad of an idea it was to just let the old lady roam too close to shore, Nayeon called in a few of her trusted employees and put on a show of a fake meeting just to keep gaslighting her mother. There was no way she was feeding the old hag any real information, and she was certain the new goons were way too incompetent to really see everything they got was being fed to them meticulously. Sure, the entire team had been lured in with the promise of monday off and barbecue on friday, but nobody, none, not even Nayeon and Kookie themselves, could have predicted how much of their souls they would lose during those two hours.

 

“Well, you look sunny.” Dahyun comments as she kisses her wife and guides the woman to sit down by the counter.

 

“Girls, why don’t you go give Nayeonnie a big hug and lots of kisses?” Tzuyu whispers to the mini chefs, who look at each other and run to the body lingering by the counter.

 

Nayeon takes a few seconds to understand her shirt was being pulled down, and a few more to get herself to look at what was pulling her shirt down. She lets herself be sat on the ground, hugged and kissed until she is feeling healed. The others just smile at the scene and go back to talking dinner, Tzuyu feels a tingle on her antlers, it’s familiar and nostalgic, she can’t really place her finger on it, but gets distracted trying to get bread for dinner when she hears ideas being thrown around.