23

Deer Godess

 

“I don’t wanna!”

 

“It’s time to sleep, young lady.”

 

“But I’m not sleepy!”

 

“You are going to sleep now and stop whining.”

 

“I want to stay up all night!”

 

“Tzuyu, get back here, I just want to talk.”

 

Jihyo demanded, leaving her daughter’s room after finding herself unable to insist that the girl would go to sleep. Sure, the goddess was mostly harmless, not that granting the wishes of a kid could bring that much danger, but in times like these, when Sana was already moody because it was long past her bedtime, and was granted her wish to stay awake the couple would lose their patience with the deity. Jaebum would just punish their, now considered, oldest daughter with no bread for a week, but Jihyo was scary, she would look eerily calm but completely intimidating. The calmer Jihyo seemed, the angrier she was, and right now, she looked like reaching nirvana.

 

Tzuyu, having been treated as a daughter by the couple for a while now, and had learned to not provoke the woman, which she couldn’t help when she had vowed to fulfil the child’s every whim. So we find our resident goddess perched on the dark corner of the roof, trying to stall enough for Jihyo’s anger to dissipate to the point where the woman won’t try to murder her again (four times were enough for everyone to understand the nurse was not afraid to hide a body if she needed to).

 

“Tzuyu, come down here and talk to me, please.” Comes a very calm and very soothing voice. “I need to talk to you real quick.”

 

Obviously, she wasn’t falling for that again, not after the second time she got Jihyo angry and ended up having to beg Gucci to help put her antlers back in place…. After they found her left arm about to be mauled in the garbage disposal. Gory? Not that much, they all found out the goddess doesn’t really bleed, and whenever she has an injury a light comes from it until it heals on its own, and that’s about it. Obviously, it was an information Tzuyu was trying to keep from Jihyo for as long as possible, for obvious reasons.

 

How can a simple human exert that much power over a deity? Simple, Jihyo developed an unhealthy (for Tzuyu) friendship with Gucci, decided to become a follower of the serpent god and the damn idiot decided to grace his one follower just like the goddess did, and Jaebum also joined and became blessed too, just because Gucci was holding a grudge about some cherries for centuries and found that the perfect opportunity to begin his “discipline program” towards his friend.

 

Luckily, Jaebum caught his wife when she was about to grab the ladder and get to the roof herself, and brought the woman back inside for some calming cuddles. Normally it worked, and Sana was already passed out despite having claimed she was going to be up all night. Their steamy session of “grown up cuddling”, as they explained when their daughter caught them, was interrupted by a very shameless Tzuyu popping her head through the door (quite literally) to check if she could come back inside.

 

“You are lucky Jae distracted me and now I’m more interested in him than trying to kill you.” Is what Jihyo says when she spots the infamous antlers starting to sprout through her front door.

 

“Good, because if you weren’t, I would be doing a very bad job as a husband.” Jaebum chuckles and starts to get up. “Now, you better not let Sana hear us, or I won’t hold Ji back again.”

 

He winks and grabs his little wife, throwing her over his shoulder and walking into the couple’s bedroom, before closing the door with his heel and never bothering to look back. Tzuyu just watches everything in disbelief, shaking her head while she “soundproof” said bedroom anyways, the last thing she wanted was to be the one to explain what her parents were doing when Sana woke up from the noise and asked. Her chest ached a little at the thought of the happy, and very much in love, couple she was living with, but what were a few months in the life of a goddess, if not a mere blink.

 

At that moment, in a faraway place, on a rather beautiful part of the god’s realm, bunny ears shot up to the sky, shifting frantically insearch for something, someone not there.