24

Deer Godess

 

 

“If you don’t stop pacing, I’m seriously going to deck you.”

 

“I’m nervous, leave me.”

 

“Im Nayeon, it’s just dropping our daughter off for her playdate. You aren’t even going to stay there, and I’m the one picking her up.” Dahyun was this close to becoming an abusive wife.

 

“Not, it’s taking Mina to my brother’s house to play with my niece, who I haven’t been properly introduced to yet, mind you.”

 

“You are just exaggerating, as always. Jaebum and Jihyo are great, and you know as well as I do that they will look after Mina as their own. Now, stop being a coward and go take our daughter to play with her cousin.”

 

Dahyun had lost her temper and Nayeon knew it, that wasn’t something easy to achieve, but when the woman was angry, she became very flushed and her eyes screamed murder. The older had pushed her luck once back in the days when they were just married, and swore to never again, and that’s how we got Nayeon scurrying out of their bedroom to get Mina ready and take the girl to the Parks.

 

It would never not leave a bad taste in Nayeon’s mouth to call her brother a Park, first it was because she couldn’t see beyond her own bratty and selfish self, then it was out of remorse for never bothering to see what the man had done for her, then it was for guilt, for having been the main reason why her brother became a Park to begin with, sure, she understood their parents would have opposed Jihyo anyways, but she was the one to first make sure Jaebum had no choice but to ditch the woman, and he still chose to walk away from everything over losing the one woman who loved him for himself.

 

And now, Nayeon’s chance of making up to the couple she had already done so much wrong was in the hands of the woman whose life she had made so difficult. Sure, the Parks weren’t pauper and managed to get by, but that was exactly what twisted the sharp knife called guilt into her guts every time she would think about them. The Parks shouldn’t have to manage, they should be the Ims and have all the best money could buy, but that was a problem she would need to work on herself and, hopefully, make some amends.

 

“Mommy?” Mina asked, seeing her mother had been silent ever since they entered the car.

 

“Yes, baby?” The woman asked, snapped out of her thoughts by the worry in the girl’s voice.

 

“Auntie Hyo and uncle Jae are really nice.” The girl quips and goes back to humming and looking out the window.

 

Nayeon was surely confused, but it wouldn’t be the first time Mina did something mysterious, and if there was something her mothers and brother had learned it that the girl never did anything without reason, so the woman was left to wonder what exactly the girl was trying to tell her. Before anything else could happen, they were arriving at the cozy little house where Mina was about to spend the day playing with the world’s second cutest little girl (the Ims and the Parks were disagreeing about the ranking, but we are taking Nayeon’s here) and some shady deity that would do absolutely anything the girls wished for…… Sure, nothing to worry about….

 

A knock on the passenger’s window and Mina happily squealing in the backseat brought the woman’s attention to what was happening, there was a sour looking Tzuyu with very murderous eyes looking directly at her and an excited Chaeyoung trying to get the girl out so they could play already. Nayeon gulped, hoping the goddess wasn’t too mad at her and helped her wife’s little friend get the jumpy girl out of her carseat.

 

“Since I’m a shady deity, you are going to spend your day walking around in flippers so you can reflect on your thoughts.” Tzuyu whispers to Nayeon as soon as Mina and Chaeyoung vanish into the Park residence.

 

“Can you make it so I can get to work first? I think I can get Dahyun to drive back home, but I don’t have anyone to drive the car to the company.” Nayeon tries to negotiate.

 

“You have forty minutes, better hurry.” The goddess declares and vanishes into the house as well.

 

The woman quickly makes her way to the company, arriving just in time for the damn flippers to take the place of her favorite Jimmy Choo’s, it should be fun trying to explain to her relentless wife why she was stuck with scuba gear all day long and hope it’s not one of the weird woman’s es. Don’t ask, but it’s Dahyun, anything is possible, she’s weird, but Nayeon loved her and would try her best to not get turned off by some of the things that came out of that imaginative mind of hers.

 

After the meeting with Zhou Pharmaceuticals, which Nayeon was very grateful she wasn’t speaking in, Dahyun noticed her wife waddling a little to go around the table and got confused. When she saw what was on the woman’s feet, and after hearing the explanation, let’s just say Nayeon’s assistant got to go home early and the cleaning team was very confused as to why was there sand on the couch, in the CEO’s office, on the fourteenth floor of a corporate building in the middle of Seoul.