22

Deer Godess

 

“I know this changes nothing, but I have to say it.” Nayeon begins with a huff. “I am sorry. So very sorry about everything, I was a spoilt brat that never knew how things really worked in the real world and just thought of myself. Everything I said to both of you and everything I did at that time was just a child, who never got denied anything in life, throwing a tantrum.”

 

“Glad you know that, at least.” Jaebum bites, the venom still in his words. “And I’m not ready to forgive you yet. I gave you the best life you could have, Nayeon, and you just stomped on everything just because you were jealous of my wife.”

 

“I know, and I don’t expect to get there without hard work. Just being allowed to sit with you on your living room is already more than I could have hoped for.” Younger Im says with all sincerity.

 

“Thank Jihyo for that. If it was me, you would still be sitting on that car. She is the one who proclaimed I should, at least, give you a chance to talk.” He kisses his wife’s head at that.

 

“Can I just input something here?” Dahyun tries to break the tension, getting the go ahead from her hosts. “Can we begin with letting the girls play, at least? I mean, Mina doesn’t talk about anything other than Sana ever since they met, and we all can see they like each other a lot.”

 

“I think I can work with that. Jae?” Jihyo asks and gets a nod in response. “Maybe I’m not ready to welcome sister dearest with open arms yet, but I’m willing to open our doors to your kids.” 

 

At that, Jackson looks up, a little surprised, and his mothers look satisfied. Sure, there was a lot of hurt and a lot of work Nayeon would have to put in, but Jihyo saw how Sana liked Mina, the girl being the one who brought Tzuyu into their lives, though it was more because of Sana’s still developing writing skills, but still, the goddess was just a big puppy and their little girl had been so happy that neither Jihyo nor Jaebum had the heart to do anything to reject the deity. Sana had also told her parents it was Mina’s big brother who taught her how to write to the goddess, and that very act was what kept their little girl from riding their wave of sadness and defeat with them.

 

“I’m alright with my niece and nephew visiting, Sana loves Mina already, and I can tell Jackson loves his sister a lot too.” Jaebum chuckles. “No need to look at me like that, I might not be your biggest fan right now, but my niece makes my daughter happy, and neither her nor my nephew can be blamed for their mother’s mistakes, can they?!”

 

“Thank you.” Nayeon couldn’t help but cry at that. 

 

“Don’t thank me yet, you should focus on your hard work if you want me to give you another chance.” The older Im dismisses. “That, and you have to work things out with Ji as well, I’m not with it if she isn’t.”

 

“I will, by the goddess, I will.” The bunny promises.

 

“What about me?” Tzuyu asks from the door, having known things wouldn’t blow up again, she came back with the girls.

 

“Okay, I’m sorry, but I have to ask.” Dahyun blurts out.

 

“Yes, they are very real. I am the Deer Goddess, Sana is my first follower after very long, and I decided to live with her and answer all her wishes. Sure, you can touch them, but be gentle, they are very sensitive.” Tzuyu answers some of the many unasked questions.

 

“Ho-” The pale woman begins, but is cut off right away.

 

“Like I said, I’m a goddess, it’s part of my job description to know you mortal’s thoughts.” 

 

The deity laughs, sitting herself on the floor with the kids and motioning for the curious adults to touch her antlers. Jihyo and Jaebum had succumbed to their curiosity on the second day, when they came to the kitchen to find Tzuyu sitting by the counter and coloring one of Jaebum’s “adult coloring books” that his wife would never let him live down peacefully. She was humming and swinging her feet, the damn antlers were bouncing slightly and wiggling to the melody, needless to say, both were centimeters away from poking them when they heard a throat being cleaned and stopped in their tracks.

 

The goddess had a field day with teasing them and constantly wiggling the things in front of the couple until they got angry and scream-begged to touch them. It was a different experience, Tzuyu’s antlers didn’t feel like simply bone and hide, they were warm, and felt really silky to the touch, so much so, Jaebum found himself running his face against them and slightly drooling. It earned him a whooping from the deity, eternal mockery from Jihyo and a couple of hours of shamefully, yet very delicately, cleaning his spit trail from those divine things.

 

“Come on, now. You three want to touch them, it’s okay to. BUT! Only if you ask first, surprising me isn’t a very good idea.”

 

And so they do. Sana was really the only one who could play with the antlers anytime she wanted to, it was one of her wishes. And Nayeon, much like her brother, found herself burying her face on the little piece of paradise that were Tzuyu’s antlers, also drooling all over them, getting her beat and told to clean them up. Dahyun was almost doing the same, but managed to control herself, thanks to Jackson who was making such excited exclamations that she found too endearing not to be distracted with.