25

Deer Godess

 

 

“Okay, and care to tell me, exactly, why is Mina spending the night? Not that I’m against it, we love her, but you were the one very adamant on picking her up.” Jihyo isn’t very patient with Dahyun calling and asking for the girl to spend the night after all the denial.

 

Don’t get her wrong, she loves the little girl and so does Jaebum, but Dahyun was very stubborn on not allowing for a sleepover, even though it was friday and Jihyo was only working the next afternoon, and Jaebum already said he was more than happy to just take the girls to the water park while Jihyo was working and they could just come back and get Mina Sunday evening. Nayeon was hopeful, but still agreed with her wife, saying they didn’t want to bother the Parks that much, and that they weren’t really ready to have their little girl spend the night away from them just yet.

 

“Spill it. And be honest with me, I will know.” Jihyo sounded calmer, not that DAhyun knew it was a sign of danger just yet.

 

“So, Nayeon kind of got cursed by Tzuyu.” The pale woman began, feeling compelled to tell the nurse everything. “And she is bound to walk around on flippers all day long, and it turned out I couldn’t keep it in my pants when I saw it.”

 

“Wait, hold up.” Jihyo was trying her very best not to break into laughter, invoking her inner nurse who had seen far worse and managed to keep serious. “You are telling me you have a flippers kink?”

 

“And asking you to give me a hand because I’m not really willing to go to the hospital with Nayeon, who can’t remove her flippers mind you, and try to explain why we are both bruised by sand when neither has been near a beach in three years.” She takes a deep breath. “Or why I have flipper marks on my face and .”

 

“I did NOT need to know that. But sure, Mina can spend the night.” Jihyo says through giggles, she couldn’t control herself anymore. “I’m coming over with Momo soon, just wait a bit while I try to get Tzuyu to remove the curse. Make Mina’s sleepover bag while you wait or something.”

 

“Thanks, Jihyo, I don’t know how to begin thanking you.” Dahyun breathes in relief, not even minding the laughter.

 

“You can begin by telling your wife you two are going to re-tell this every time I ask.” The nurse laughs louder. “Just hold on, I’m getting Momo and we are heading over with supplies. Text me the address.”

 

“Will do, thanks Ji.”

 

With that, they hang up. It might be a little confusing as to why would Jihyo promptly help, but, you see, she was a nurse, and she was very adamant in her promise to heal. Also, despite Nayeon not being on her favorite people’s list, she wasn’t about to turn her back on someone who came to her for help. Momo knew her best friend very well, and she knew the woman had too big of a heart, that’s what made her never deny the other help, and follow along to make sure Jihyo wouldn’t be giving too much again.

 

That’s how they found themselves on the Parks’ shabby little car, driving on one of Seoul’s most exclusive neighborhoods, being followed by some sort of security vehicle and getting some very confused looks from what seemed like residents. Not that either minded, obviously, but it was sure a dose of reality they didn’t sign up for, they knew they were out of their environment, and would never really belong in such a place,but Dahyun could have had the decency to give them a heads up, at least.

 

Despite the bothersome neighborhood, the pair of nurses arrived in a rather simple-looking house, for the area they were at, that is. It was a very modern design, with sharp edges and neutral colors, that seemed to lack the opulence of their neighbors, but it was equally imposing. Nonetheless, Jihyo rings the doorbell and a suspicious looking Dahyun answers the door, pulling both nurses inside and slamming the door shut before anyone could process what was happening.

 

“Okay, are you going to turn on the lights and let us see what we are dealing with, or are you just going to keep being weird?” Momo asks, very curious to see what is happening.

 

“I’m not being weird, we just don’t need our nosy neighbors trying to look into our house.” Dahyun bites a little.

 

“Dahyun, your windows are completely tinted, nobody can see anything inside even if they had their faces pressed against the glass.” Jihyo notes, pointing at said windows and drawing the curtains open.

 

“Okay, fine, but I must warn you, it’s not as bad as it looks.”

 

“Sweetie, we are nurses, and we can tell you from experience, it’s always worse than it looks.” Momo laughs.

 

The shorter woman gives up with a huff and turns on the lights, opening all curtains and waving a hand for the two to follow, never really turning around to face them. When the pair arrived on the couple’s bedroom and got to see what was waiting for them, it took Jihyo about forty minutes to get a hold of herself while Momo was too far gone to respond properly. The Ims, let’s just say they accepted it because neither was really willing to go to the hospital for this.

 

When Jihyo managed to breathe properly, she called the house and asked Jaebum, who demanded a video call before doing whatever he was about to be asked, to get Tzuyu on the phone. Sure enough, he had to restrain himself a lot when he saw, and immediately got Tzuyu on the phone so he could go and laugh freely.

 

“Yes?” The goddess asks, annoyed.

 

“Tzu, I need you to un-curse Nayeon so Momo and I can patch her up.” Jihyo ordered, even though, for someone who didn’t know her it would seem like a mild request.

 

“She was calling me shady.” And there was the indignant pout the deity would give whenever she was mad about something and Jihyo was trying to get her to give up on her revenge.

 

“I know, baby, but she is hurt and I need to patch her up now. I’m sure she learned her lesson.” There it was, the calmness anyone who had tasted Jihyo’s fury feared.

 

“Okay, but make sure you aren’t going to be nice when you do.” Tzuyu gives in, not wanting to aggravate her, already not very good, position with the nurse.

 

Jihyo cuts the call and turns just in time to see the problem-flippers turn back into the shoes the woman always wore. Nayeon just breathes in relief and Dahyun looks slightly disappointed, which both nurses silently agreed to ignore and never mention. They get to work and, just as she promised, Jihyo wasn’t the most gentle she could have been with the couple, who didn’t dare to question anything after Momo had whispered that if Jihyo looked calm they should be fearing for their lives.