JOY X CHANYEOL: Pick Pocket.

Joy One Shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"もしもし?(Hello)"

"Hello?" A faint old lady responds in korean through a quiet speaker, "Channie? Is this you?"

The man who was receiving the call answer after identifying the speakers voice, "Ah, hello mother. Is everything alright." He switched to Korean and  cutting to the point.

The man didn't mean to sound rude or anything like that towards his mother, he was currently in Japan for a business trip, and was working on a PowerPoint presentation for his next meeting, of course the mother understood his son's impatient behavior, right away.

"I need you to do a small favor for me." The mom finally spoke out, the man raises his eyebrow curiously, he then moves his phone to his other ear to hear this 'Favor' from his mom. "Sooyoung-ah is landing in Japan in a few hours. Could you pick her up and take care of her? Please?"

The man let out a tired sigh, "Mother, you know I'm too busy here working."  The man declined her.

Of course the favor had to do with that trouble making girl. The man then face palmed knowing that his mom would bug him some more if he refused, and he was pretty sure she was giving her puppy 'i birthed you' eyes through the phone.

"I guess I'll make time for her." The man moved his phone away from his ear as his mother squealed through the speaker.

"Thank you, Chanyeol-ah! You'll have to wait for her at the airport so she doesn't get lost."

"Yeah, yeah. I got it. Bye." Chanyeol quickly said before ending the call. He turned off his phone, and placed onto his office table. He ran a his finger through his hair, how was he going to take care of this kid.

He picked up his land line phone beside the desktop computer that was open to different windows of korean translated research. Picking it up, he called his assistant to tell her that he has to go somewhere shortly. After working on the PowerPoint for another hour, Chanyeol thought it was time to leave and wait at the airport. He gets up, locks his office and greets his co-workers as he walks out of the building and to the parking lot where he parked the company car that they lended him.

Chanyeol was the vice president of the Korean branch of 高科技(rmj: Lōng kēji/Dragon tech) which is a tech company that started in China before starting one in Korea too. It opened in Japan recently, about 1 and a half years, and Chanyeol was sent to see how it was doing but also help the company and the new appointed vice president of the Japanese branch.

Chanyeol placed his suitcase and laptop in a compartment under the back seat of the four seated Tesla. He then started to drive to the ハネダ(Haneda) airport where that girl would arrive at.

He arrived at the airport, he bought a drink before waiting for her at the terminal existing gate.

When was the last time he saw that kid? Sooyoung happened to be one of his mother's charity cases. A poor kid, that kept escaping several foster homes before his mother took her in.  When was the last time he saw her, he thought to himself. He left home straight after high school was over, so she would've be in middle school, and now years later when Chanyeol in his early 30s would  have to see her again.

He remembered how she was completely two faced, she would act like an angel towards his parents, and older sister, but she was the complete opposite and unfortunately for him, he was the only one that could see her true intentions. Soon people started to come out the door, and head to their loved ones, Chanyeol sat while quietly sip his coffee. 

He watched a familiar couple walk out, they stood to the side and made out as the girl went into his pocket and stole his wallet, Chanyeol saw all of it, but couldn't say anything as he didn't feel he needed to in. The man gave her, his phone number, and left. The girl however crumpled it in her hands and threw it away.

She turned around and headed towards the exit, when Chanyeol recognized her. He choked on his drink, when he saw how completely different she looked to the 14 year old girl he last saw.

Chanyeol got up from his spot and called out Sooyoung's name. She turned around and saw him.

They then battled each other with their gazes, they never liked each other. Chanyeol never trusted her, and sooyoung hated that he was smarter than his family and knew her real side. Sooyoung walked to Chanyeol, with her arms crossed.

"What are you doing here?" She ask while admiring his mature features.

"Someone begged me to help a little girl that doesn't know anything about the cruel world outside." He sarcastically replied, he couldn't help it either but observe how much she grew, and how defined her face was now.

The tension between them grew to the point where other people around had to move away from the two because of how uncomfortable they felt. "Then we should get going, so you don't have to deal with a kid like me."

Chanyeol stood up, and led her to his car. He was pretty sure he heard sighs of relief from the people who witnessed them when they left the airport. Seated in the car, with her luggage away at the trunk of the car, Chanyeol asked her what hotel she was going to stay at.

"The silver light hotel." Chanyeol's smirked when he heard the name, it was an expensive and elite hotel to enter however it was shut down as an earthquake passed a couple months ago crashing the hotel. As far as he knew, the hotel was still doing Renovations.

"That place won't work, do you have another?" He asked again, the girl just nodded her head.

Chanyeol wished he kept his mouth closed and should've ignored her but it was to late as he spoke before he could stop him self. "I have a spare room at the hotel I'm staying at. You could stay if you want."

Please deny. Please deny, he thought to him self.

"It's alright. Really. I just booked another room right now." Sooyoung replied rather quickly, Chanyeol could feel his ears turn red in embarrassment, so he tried to keep his cool. "You can just drive me to the palace Hotel."

Who would've known the type of fate they had.

Chanyeol started to drive as sooyoung took out two wallets from her back pack. She took out the cash from one wallet and placed it into the other. The cards the she had no use for, she the it out the window. Chanyeol didn't expect that she would be a pick pocket. Back when they were in school, Sooyoung was the kid that would place in the top five in studies, athletic, and pretty, she could've been anything like a lawyer that Chanyeol's mother hoped.

Still to get a room within five minutes to the palace Hotel, she must be doing something to be reach that moment if success. They arrived at the hotel, sooyoung went to the front desk to sign herself in.

Chanyeol couldn't help but overhear.

"こにちわ、私 は Joy です. (Hello I'm Joy.)" Sooyoung said to her in broken Japanese.

The front desk lady searched her up, and her eyes widen in shock. She bowed to her and referred her as Joy Sama, which is only called to the high paid guest her. The lady handed sooyoung her room card, the lady then saw me, and greeted me with Chanyeol Sama as well.

I walk along side sooyoung, and into the elevator. "So you're name is Joy now?"

"Yup, legally changed it, so it be great if you referred me to that." Joy took note that the last at the desk greeted his with the same label, "Do you room here too?"

"Yeah, what your room number."

"713, and you."

Wow the fate thing is really getting annoying now. Chanyeol showed her his room number and her jaw dropped.

"Guess we're neighbors again." She said, as the elevator stop on the seventh floor.

The while neighbors thing was that, when Joy was taken in she roomed in a closet room the was next to Chanyeol's room, they both had very different taste in music so one or the other would have to tell the other to shut their music down. Joy would often go to his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter