JOY X BAEKHYUN: Smile For You.

Joy One Shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


JOY X BAEKHYUN: SMILE FOR YOU


A baby girl has been born in the neighborhood, everyone was estatic as most of the neighborhood was filled with young boys, having a girl would be a great change if scenery. When the baby arrived, it was silent, the baby did not cry, the baby was emotionless. If she she was hungry, her expression would not change from her calm face, she would maybe let out a sound, which her parents had to be next to her every second because they weren't sure what she wanted. They named the baby Park Sooyoung, and she was loved by all the families and kids for her quietness.

One day, at age 1, the Park family were visited by the Byun family. They had moved to the neighborhood a week ago, and were not familiar with anyone, their youngest kid, at age 4 was friendless too.

Baekhyun was the four year old's name, he was always full of energy, and could make friends with strangers so easily due to his extroverted personality. His parents urged him to make friends with the Park's family two eldest sons; Jinyoung, 3 ½ years and Jimin 2 years old. The parents of both the parks and Byuns allowed them to go play upstairs, as long as they could keep watch on Sooyoung.

"Ok!" Jinyoung says, he hold his younger brothers hand, and heads upstairs, with Baekhyun following closely behind. "Baekhyun-ah follow me."

"You have another brother?" Baekhyun asks, as he sits down in the ground with 2 year old Jimin, while Jinyoung left them to get Sooyoung.

Jimin started laughing, and shook his head, "Sooyoung, girl name."

Baekhyun never had any siblings, and had never spoken to any girl, nor had he even care about it. He grabs toy cars and action figures out of a toy box, playing it with Jimin. Soon Jinyoung comes back carrying Sooyoung with all the strength, a three year old body can muster. Sooyoung reminded Baekhyun of a ghost because of her pale skin, and her expressionless face.

"What wrong with her face?" Baekhyun asks with out thinking. Jimin shrugs his shoulders, and hugs sooyoung as she sits beside him, observing a hulk toy.

"Mom says she can't make faces." Jinyoung said as if he told others this many times, "Does it bother you?"

"No, I think it kinda cool!" Baekhyun moves up close to Sooyoung, "I bet you're a spy sent from some where to keep eye on us." Baekhyun said suspiciously.

Of course he wasn't expecting a response, however he saw the girl's eye light up, and she let out a small chuckle.

Jimin was so shocked that he even dropped his toy to pay attention to her, "Mommy! Daddy!" Jimin yelled.

Bother their parents come up, and checks to see what the ruckess is. Jinyoung quickly dragged his mom to Sooyoung and pointed at Baekhyun. "Baekhyun-ah made sooyoungie smile and laugh!"

Baekhyun wondered what the big deal was about, he sat down giving everyone a confused look.

Their mom, quickly took out her phone and snapped a photo of smiling Sooyoung before it disappears again. "Baekhyun! Good job, you made sooyoungie smile!" Jimin's family exclaimed.

Baekhyun scratched the back of his head, he could believe he was getting this much attention for just get a baby to laugh, but because it made everyone else happy he was happy too.

They then eat a big dinner after the event, and have some ice cream. Baekhyun couldn't stop thinking over the smile little sooyoung had, he went over to her and played with her little hands. "Can you smile for me again?" Baekhyun asked, he knew he had to leave soon, but he wanted to see the smile once again.

Still Sooyoung's face remained expressionless, Baekhyun tried making her smile once more by making wired faces and doing funny actions but nothing happened. "I'll make sure you'll smile again, for now Ill call you Joy. And maybe you can finally smile soon."

He smiled at her, showing how she should smile, his parents were almost out the door, so Baekhyun had to leave too. He waved his new friends goodbye, "Bye-bye Joy!"

~~~

 

Years later, Sooyoung is in her second year of highschool, and has already made a name for herself. She is known as the ice princess of Seoul arts, which is kind of funny how she is also best friends with the Ice Queen of SM university, Bae Joohyun. Sooyoung met her through a childhood friend. Sooyoung sat down on the bench outside of her school, she decided that chemistry didn't feel all that important and skipped the class with her friends, Hayoung and Yerin, Yerim a younger student was going to meet with them soon after she sneaks out of her P.E class too.

 


Sooyoung was dozing off as hawoung and Yerin spoke about the new guy they liked, it wasn't that sooyoung didn't like the conversation, it's just that she couldn't understand it.


She at an early age had been diagnosed with 'Alexithymia' which is a disorder that gives sooyoung the lack of ability to recognize or identify feelings. Only few know about it, her childhood friend, her close friends, and her family. Other than that, Sooyoung tries her best to pretend and practice those emotions to look normal.

Sooyoung was often told that it had been a miracle that she smiled once in her entire life time, but it was caused by her annoying friend while of course is also the one that is constantly texting her and calling her.  Sooyoung was forced to leave her phone on silence most of the time, her school friends are unaware of her relationship with other people outside of school so they always teased sooyoung whenever her childhood friend would call.

The school day was hot, it was 27°c (that's warm btw) outside, and school was going to end in just 15 more minutes. When Yerim finally came to meet them, and they sneaked out of the school grounds to go get some ice cream. They went to a nearby park, that also had a convenience store. The girls sat at the bench that happened to be the only one with actual shade. Sooyoung went inside to buy the ice creams for them, they thanked her, before smirking.

Sooyoung left her phone, Yerin wanted to fill it with tons of selfies, she knew that Sooyoung would have no reaction to it, but she thought it would be funny. Turning on Sooyoung's phone, her phone starts ringing right away. Hayoung without thinking answers the call.

"Joy! You finally answered!" The male voice yelled over the speaker. The girls stayed quiet.

'Boyfriend?' Yerim mouthed to the two, and they thought so to, thinking about the weird pet name.

"Let's meet up, your classes should be finished." The voice exclaimed. The door bell for the store behind them opened, and Sooyoung was coming out with the ice creams.

Yerin quickly took the phone, "Story Tale park! Meet me there!" She then hanged up and turned off Sooyoung's phone.

Sooyoung spent most of her childhood observing others emotions, trying to make sense, and usually trying to copy the some face structure to look like them. In their faces they look worried,

"What's wrong?" Sooyoung asked as she gave out the ice creams. And sat down.

Her friends told her it was nothing and talked about the newest gossip. It had only been 13 minutes la

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter