Joy x Doyoung-Promise

Joy One Shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Where am I? It was so dark and cramped in here. Opening my eyes to complete darkness, I shuffle around in the tight room I was in. Soon something brushed against my hand which caused me to squeal immediately. Gathering up the courage i had, I touch the thing, bringing it closer to myself, I found out it was a phone. 

Please let their be battery. It , the screen light blinding me as I turn it on. Thank God, there was still 49 percent battery left, but no service. Turning on the flashlight I tried to see where I was. 

I was laying down in this wooden box, using the flash light I looked around to see if there was a way out. There was no opening, it was just a sealed wooden door. I felt tears b in my eyes, was I going to die here, All alone? I punched the wooden area in anger, I don't wanna die, not here and not alone. Hitting it again, dirt seeped through the cracks and fell on my face, as well as a pointy object against my chest.

I groaned as I felt a liquid trickle down to my shoulder, I placed my hand on my chest and saw that a nail had nicked my skin. Wait! I can use this. Placing the phone in my pants pocket, I tried to wedge the wooden boards apart. It took all my strength but I had done it. As soon as it seperated more dirt fell through. I tried digging up, which gave my legs more room to push my self up, I was surrounded my the dirt, practically engulfed in it. I continued to dig, even though I couldn't breathe. Reaching my hand through i felt a gust of wind. I could see a gap of light, pulling myself up, I finally got out. I quickly gasped for air, my arms shaking as I used so much of my strength.

Looking around, I saw the moon light gleaming over tombstones around me. I recognized the setting in was in, I was in Seoul's cemetery, soon I heard shuffling. I looked behind me and saw the ground moving and down. Kneeling down, I moved closer placing my ear above trying to hear the shuffling noise again. And it came, it shuffle, I looked back at the sound curiously, until a hand emerged. I screamed and fell back onto my back. I got up, and thought that this person underneath the ground was in the same situation I was. I tried to help by digging around the hand, soon a male's head emerged. He look around and saw me, reaching his hand towards me, he spoke.

"He-hel-p." He croaked out. I grabbed onto his hand and tried to pull him up, soon his entire body was out of it. He thanked me before standing up to stretch, he look completely calm about this situation.

"Ex-ex-" My voice cracked, why couldn't I talk? 

The man turned around and looked at me, "Ah, you-you must be new to this." He commented.

I stared at him confused, I opened my mouth again to ask him a question but nothing came out. "I'll answer all your questions, but first let's go find something to wear." He said and grab my arm, I had no strength to refuse and followed this strange man. He looked to be in his early 30's, he was wearing clothing that seem to come from one of those old Hollywood movies. 

Soon we entered this abandoned home, inside were many old antiques, he led me to a room, and handed me a shirt and jeans, "Come out when you finish dressing." He then left and closed the door. I look around this unknown room and see a mirror covered up by a dusty white sheet, removing I see myself covered in dirt, ripped up clothing, and messy hair in the reflection. Looking away, I quickly place on the clothing, they were a bit big on me, but I could make it so it would fit me. I went out and saw him reading some kind of newspaper.

"Do you know what happened?" I asked weakly referring to the whole digging out of the ground bit. 

"Ah you must be one of the new ones." He muttered under his breath and placed the newspaper down, "Let me get straight to the point.

You're dead."

Anyone would be shocked to hear that but I couldn't help but laugh at his statement, I calmed myself down and saw his serious face.

"You can't be serious about this? If I was dead how am I speaking to you?"

"That's because you're one of the lucky ones." I looked at him confused and he continued, "Every four years. The dead get to come to life and see their loved ones because of some kind of broken or unfulfilled promise."

"I don't understand, I can't. I have to go." I left the house and walked bare foot to nowhere in particular. I kept walking on the hot shards of rocks but I couldn't feel any pain nor fatigue, just the fear of his words being true.

Somehow through my walking I met an old man with a truck full of goats. He offered me a ride to the city and shoes. I accepted it, and he drove me to the city. I thanked him and got off somewher in the edge of the city near a big hospital. The hospital was to bright to look at, I decided to walk again. Somehow I ended up in front of a for sale house. 

I didn't know why my feet led me, I stood in front of the open gate afraid to enter. I thought maybe this place had a reason why I was miles away in a unknown place. I steppe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter