005

(BxB) A night and the future
Please log in to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]The happiness[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]Today was Sunday and Jihoon is working as he changed his usual day off to Saturday. Krist followed him to work today as he let his foster parents had their delayed rest when he asked them to help him looking after Krist yesterday. Talking about yesterday, Jihoon’s face heated up a little. After the whole thing at the park, Seungcheol and he went to a restaurant to eat and talk in order to get knows each other more. He was touched how attentive and gentle Seungcheol was and he could see it clearly how sincere the guy with him. The talks with Mint after he came back from the little ‘date’ caught in his head.

“So, he manages to find you, right?” Mint asked as soon as Jihoon entered the house. Jihoon was startled a bit before blushing when he noticed Mint was peeking at the window earlier, so the guy did saw Seungcheol sent him home.

“Huh... Mm.” Jihoon passively gave a response. Mint chuckled before nodding.

“That’s good. I’m happy for you.” Jihoon nodded. Mint patted Jihoon’s back. “It was wise decision, Jihoonie. That guy really cares for you and I could see he’s serious about you. So, it’s good that you give him the opportunity. Well, that’s the best for your heart.”

“Huh?”

“You like that guy too, Jihoon.”

“No. I...”

“Try to deny but nope, you’re obvious to me.” Mint gave a sly smirk. Jihoon scoffed. “Anyway, when will you tell Krist?”

“Huh?”

“Well, his dad is here. In case you forgot, Krist had been always wanted to know his dad. He only stopped asking because he saw you crying one of the days he threw tantrum asking for his dad.” Jihoon bit his lips.

“I don’t know how...”

“Let them meet, and talk it out. You can do it, Jihoon. Krist deserved to know his other dad.” Mint said patting his back comfortingly. Jihoon didn’t know what to say.

“Papi!” Jihoon blinked. He just realized he was daydreaming in front of his work. He turned to his side when he felt a tug on his pant. Krist was looking up to him with a smile. “It’s lunchtime. I’m hungry.” Jihoon glanced at the clock. He curved a smile to Krist.

“Sorry, papi didn’t notice. Let’s go then.” Krist nodded enthusiastically. Jihoon locked his PC and tidied his papers a bit before taking his wallet. There’s two other worker in the office, Jihoon gave them a smile and reminded about lunch before walking out with Krist beside him.

The father and son held hands going down to the lobby. Jihoon was thinking of something when he was scanning his pass. Krist noticed his father was thinking. “Papi?” Jihoon looked at Krist. He then smiled.

“Krist, do you want to eat with your hero uncle?” Krist’s eyes widened and his lips broke into a grin. Jihoon noticed the glint of admiration in the eyes when he mentioned that guy.

“Want. Want!” Jihoon chuckled.

“Okay, but we need to ask if he’s free today.” Jihoon said. Krist nodded enthusiastically. Jihoon pulled out his phone and searched for a contact. He took a breath and called the number.

Three rings and there’s an answer. “Hello? Jihoon?”

“Yeah, hey, Seungcheol hyung.”

Seungcheol was giggling happily on the other line. “I’m happy you called me.”

Jihoon slightly blushed but he controlled his face when Krist tugged his hand. Jihoon cleared his throat. “Are you free now?”

“Well, yeah. As you know I have done my job here and currently in vacation mode...”

“Do you want to have lunch with me and Krist? At the mall last time?” Jihoon cut off Seungcheol with a bullet train question.

“Oh my. Of course, I have missed our son.” Jihoon’s heart stuttered at the word ‘our son’ and blushed. But he blushed harder for Seungcheol’s next word. “And of course I miss you more, Jihoonie.”

“Uh, come to the mall. I will send the text of the restaurant name later.” Jihoon said. Seungcheol chuckled and agreed. He told Jihoon he will be there in 10 minutes or so. They ended the call and Jihoon looked at Krist.

“He will come. So let’s go find a place you want to eat today.” Krist nodded and both of them walked to the mall.

“When uncle will arrive?”

“10 minutes or so. Why? Are you really hungry already?” Jihoon asked.

“No. We can wait for uncle.” Krist grinned. They ended up in noodles restaurant as Krist wanted it. Jihoon sent the location and direction for Seungcheol knowing that the guy could get lost in the mall. Jihoon and Krist proceeded to order the drink first and waited for Seungcheol.

“Don’t drink too much or you will feel full early.” Krist nodded at his father nagging. He placed away the cup and looked interested with the people coming in and out of the restaurant. Jihoon his phone and checked if that guy had texted back but nothing. He just shrugged it off and played something else on his phone while once a while glancing at his son who still kept looking at the entrance. By now he noticed Krist might be anticipating Seungcheol’s arrival.

“Uncle!” Krist squealed when he saw Seungcheol. Jihoon startled a bit and looked up from his phone. He was about to stop Krist who jumped off his seat but the kid was faster. Seungcheol uff-ed and chuckled as Krist hugged his legs.

“Hey, Krist.” Krist smiled up to Seungcheol. Seungcheol smiled and rubbed the head lovingly. Now that he knew Krist is his son, he began to realize why he liked and adored this boy a little bit too much. Guess, his heart knew better than his mind.

Seungcheol took Krist’s hand and brought the boy back to the table. He smiled at Jihoon who nodded a little with blushes on his cheek. Seungcheol just smiled wider and sat in front of Jihoon. Krist crawled up and sat on Seungcheol’s lap, to Jihoon and Seungcheol’s surprise. The man didn’t mind thou. “You have ordered?” Jihoon shook his head to Seungcheol’s question.

“We just order drinks.” Seungcheol nodded and called for the waitress. She came to them with three sets of menu. Seungcheol ended sharing the menu with Krist as the boy sat comfortably on his lap. They were having small talks on deciding the menu. Jihoon glanced at them for a while, his heart felt elated. It was a lovely view, Krist having fun with his dad even the boy didn’t know yet. Jihoon smiled, Krist attached to Seungcheol a lot even they just met few short times. It was a surprise but Jihoon felt good with it. It’s true like people said, blood is thicker than water.

“We will take this.” Seungcheol said in English to the waitress, making order for himself and Krist. He then looked at Jihoon. “What do you want?” Jihoon blinked and realized he didn’t make a choice yet as he was busied looking at his son and the dad. He made a quick choice and let the waitress knew. She jotted down their order and collected the menu before going to key in their order. Krist was playing with Seungcheol’s fingers while the man just watched the boy with a smile. Jihoon felt bad that Krist kept sitting on Seungcheol’s lap. That boy wasn’t that light thou.

“Krist, sit down on the chair. You’re going to make uncle tired.” Jihoon said. Krist looked up to his father and pouted. He was about to get down and sit beside Seungcheol instead but the man stopped the boy.

“It’s fine Jihoon ah. He’s not that heavy. I’m fine.” Seungcheol hugged the boy around his tummy and nuzzled his nose into the hair. Krist giggled when he felt tickled by the breath. Seungcheol smiled while Jihoon felt warmth within him. The scene surely looked so heart-warming moreover the similarities in the dad and son’s smiles. Jihoon wanted to let Krist know right there and then but he chose to have the food first. He let Seungcheol attended everything Krist was doing that time, giving them the time they had lost. Even though they talked in different language – Krist mixing English and Thai together as he talked excitedly and Seungcheol changed from English to Hangul back and forth knowing Krist understood both, the two managed a conversation long enough and having fun together.

Soon later, their food came and Jihoon just knew that the two shared a bowl. The whole dinner Krist sat on Seungcheol’s lap and the man didn’t mind. Jihoon just watched them interact. It was cute, lovely and touching for him. Few times, he felt his eyes welled with tears but he stopped himself from crying. The dinner went well.

“You come with car, Jihoonie?” Seungcheol asked after finishing his drink. Jihoon nodded. Seungcheol looked a bit unsure as he was contemplating to say something. Jihoon noticed.

“What’s wrong?”

“Erm, are you going back after this?” Seungcheol rubbed his nape. Krist looked up to him.

“Uncle has work?” Seungcheol looked down to Krist.

“No, uncle is done with work, dear.” He patted Krist’s head. Krist looked at his father.

“Papi. Can we go watch sparkle with uncle?” Krist asked. Jihoon blinked at the request.

Seungcheol was clueless as Krist asked in Thai. Jihoon was quick to explain. “Krist wanted to play and watch firework.” Krist nodded and looked at Seungcheol.

“Sparkle!” Seungcheol raised his brow at the English word from Krist.

“Krist called firework as sparkle. We often played near the lake not far from our house. I mostly work, so only at night I could play with him. Not many things could be done at night with a kid. He had been always loves something shiny and sparkling, that’s how I ended up showing and playing firework with him. Whenever he’s not that sleepy after my office hour, he would ask for it.” Jihoon explained in full. Seungcheol nodded.

“Would it be okay for you?” Seungcheol asked knowing Jihoon worked again tomorrow. Krist was looking at his father with a puppy eye. Jihoon just smiled and gestured to Krist.

“You can’t deny him when he used those eyes on you.” Jihoon said and at that, Krist attacked Seungcheol with his puppy eyes. Seungcheol instantly turned soft and giggled.

“You’re right.” Saying that to Jihoon, Seungcheol hugged Krist. “Okay, your papi let us go. So we will go.” Krist grinned excitedly. They got up and proceed to the counter to pay. Seungcheol was faster to pay and earned a bit protest from Jihoon but the man just persuaded using Krist. Jihoon didn’t feel great to have Seungcheol paid for him but he noticed Seungcheol won’t accept his money if he insisted. They might create a scene there. He made a mental note to pay faster next time. Unconsciously, he smiled to the word next time.

The trio went to the lake with Jihoon’s car. They made a stop to buy the fireworks at the usual place Jihoon would buy for Krist. Krist was excited to play. Jihoon managed to nag his son to be careful. Seungcheol was smiling seeing the interaction. Jihoon looked cute when he went on his protective mom mode. Seungcheol lighted up three firework sticks and gave to Krist and Jihoon each, one for himself. Krist giggled and began to make circle with it. Seungcheol enjoyed the boy’s little happiness. They made several shapes before the stick finished. Jihoon already prepared for the next. When they used all the sticks, Krist sat down giggling. Seungcheol went to sit beside the boy.

“Have fun?” Krist nodded. He leaned in when Seungcheol rubbed his head. Krist closed his eyes and reached to hug Seungcheol from the side.

“Krist has fun. So fun.” Krist mumbled as he clutched on Seungcheol’s shirt. The man kissed the hair softly and let Krist curled against him. Jihoon collected the trash and went to throw it just to see the view of the two hugging. He smiled as he watched them for a while. Jihoon made his way to them.

Krist already felt tired and sleepy when he leaned against Seungcheol. His eyes were droopy as he felt safe with Seungcheol. Even though he didn’t know the man for long, Krist felt he could trust the man as much as he trusted his papi. Almost fallen into his dreamland, Krist mumbled sleepily in English that managed to make Seungcheol and Jihoon who just sat down beside them startled. “I wish uncle is my dad.”

Jihoon’s eyes fell on Krist while Seungcheol looked at Jihoon. Both of them were surprised. Jihoon was about to ask Krist when they heard soft snore indicating Krist had fallen asleep.

“Did I...?” Seungcheol asked absentmindedly. Jihoon exhaled.

“He’s so attached to you, hyung.” Jihoon commented. Seungcheol looked down at Krist. He softly rubbed Krist’s back and slowly fixed the boy’s position so that he’s sleeping on his lap. Jihoon took off his coat and placed on Krist. Both of them stayed silence for few moments while watching the sleeping boy.

“Will you tell him...?”

“I...” Jihoon looked up to Seungcheol. “I plan to do so.” Jihoon reached to softly touch his son’s hair. “Since young, he always asked for you. It will be cruel if I don’t tell him. Mint is right after all.” Jihoon said smiling softly. Seungcheol watched him before looking to the front.

“Will he be okay once he knew? I’m afraid... he actually hates me, for not being around. And yet, soon I need to return for my work too.” Seungcheol said his insecurity. Jihoon looked at Seungcheol’s profile. He shook his head.

“As much as I know, I never give him any reason to hate his father, you.” Jihoon said. Seungcheol exhaled. “I will talk with him first. If you’re scared of his reaction, I will make him understand our situation. I will talk to him tomorrow and let you know, okay?” Seungcheol nodded. Jihoon didn’t realize what he was doing but his hand was faster to land on Seungcheol’s. Seungcheol turned to him at the warm touch. “You will be fine. Krist adores you already.”

“I hope it stays the same with the truth.” Jihoon smiled and nodded. Seungcheol moved his hand a little and held Jihoon’s tighter. A tinge of pink crawled on Jihoon’s cheeks but he didn’t let go the hand. They shared a smile.

 

 

Few months later

“Papa!” Seungcheol giggled as his son’s face showed up on the screen. He heard Jihoon reprimanded the boy to behave. “Ah, Papi!” Krist turned pouting at Jihoon next to him when the father tapped his head for not listening to him. Seungcheol chuckled.

“How are you, son?” Krist turned back to the phone and smiled sweetly.

“I’m good, papa. Miss you thou.” Krist had improved with his English now, more advance than the kid in his age given that language wasn’t his first language. The boy too had diligently learning Hangul with his father, just to converse better with his dad. Since Krist was told by Jihoon about who Seungcheol was, the boy who was happy had worked hard to communicate more with Seungcheol. Krist was at first a little bit shocked to know the hero uncle he adored turned out to be his real dad. Jihoon had explained in simplest way to his son and Krist focused more on his happiness over the news. So the long lost dad and son met almost every day after Jihoon told the truth, until it was time Seungcheol had to come back to Korea. Krist cried so much that day he sent his papa to the airport. The dad promised his boy that he would return to visit in a month, while the father persuaded making the boy understood that his dad worked in their hometown. Seungcheol did come to Thailand for monthly visit and they will often have video calls when they’re apart. Few months passed like that for them.

“I miss you too, buddy. Have you eaten dinner?” Krist bounced on his seat and nodded happily.

“Papi brought me to sushi again today. I eat bento!”

“You eat salmon?”

“No, I have eaten that last two weeks.” Seungcheol smiled. “Papa, what are you doing? Home?”

“Still at office...” Seungcheol grinned sheepishly. He knew he couldn’t lie as the background wasn’t his usual room. Jihoon’s voice heard right then.

“It’s so late already. What are you doing?” Jihoon said, his face not showing as Krist held the phone to himself possessive of his dad. Seungcheol just smiled to the question.

“I have a little bit issue today. Need to get this done before my leave.”

“If you’re busy, don’t force yourself to take leave.” Jihoon’s voice heard again. Krist looked up to his papi then back to his pa

Please log in to read the full chapter