004

(BxB) A night and the future
Please log in to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]The next story[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]Six years ago

“Come again, doctor? I am what?” Jihoon frowned staring at the doctor, he thought he was still not functioning well after waking up from unconsciousness. Mint who brought Jihoon to the clinic was standing beside Jihoon. He was also shocked by the earlier words from the doctor.

“It’s a bit unbelievable but it’s not impossible. Based on your pulse and urine test, you’re pregnant, Lee Jihoon ssi. For about seven to eight weeks.”

“No, you must be kidding me.” Jihoon shook his head. The doctor exhaled before he slowly gave explanation and proof of test result to Jihoon. Mint was there beside him listening everything.

“For now, you have to be careful all the time. No stress, always take healthy food and extra caution. A male pregnancy is very risky and prone to miscarriage because males aren’t naturally a carrier so there’s some complication coming with it.” The doctor gave him a slip of medicine. “I have listed some medicines and vitamins to help you easing the nauseous and other small pregnancy symptoms. I would suggest you come for consultation every three weeks.”

Jihoon couldn’t reply anything, he was thinking. Noticing the stress in Jihoon’s head, Mint helped to take the medicine slip and took mental note of the doctor’s words.

“Thank you, doctor.”

“Take a good care of your partner.” The doctor smiled. Mint wanted to explain but Jihoon tugged his shirt.

“Take me home.” Jihoon said absentmindedly. Mint frowned slightly but pulled Jihoon to stand carefully. He thanked the doctor and both of them came out from the consultation room. Mint told Jihoon to wait at the bench as he went to get the medicines before they went back. He took the medicine and made mental note of the instruction before went to Jihoon again, bringing him home.

Mint sent Jihoon to his door. Jihoon opened his dorm’s door absentmindedly and Mint followed behind, he’s worried with Jihoon’s behaviour at the moment. He was having the shock of his life too when he heard the doctor but everything was medically proven that he took it seriously. And he could relate how Jihoon would be more shocked that him. After all, Jihoon is carrying a child in him. Mint was curious to ask who it was but seeing Jihoon at the moment, he didn’t know how to ask.

Jihoon sighed deeply once he was seated on his bed. He rubbed his face hard. Mint was there standing few steps away watching Jihoon. “... .”

“Jihoon...”

“What to do? What should I do?” Jihoon groaned and looked up to Mint. Mint felt a pang to see the broken eyes. “Pregnant? There’s a baby in me? What I’m supposed to do? I’m still a student, I don’t have job, I...” Mint moved on his feet and sat beside Jihoon who started to cry. He patted Jihoon’s back comfortingly.

“Jihoon, calm down. The father...”

“No, I don’t know him.” Jihoon sniffled. “I mean I know his face, I remember the father of this baby. But I don’t know his name. I don’t know who he is.” Mint held Jihoon’s hand giving support.

“I think we should find him, the baby is his after all.” Jihoon shook his head.

“I don’t want. Mint, I don’t want him to see me as a freak. If I go to him saying that I’m carrying his baby, a guy has a baby, no. I don’t want.” Jihoon shook his head hard. Mint took a breath.

“But Jihoon...”

“No, I won’t go and find him.” Mint exhaled and nodded.

“Okay. Let’s think another way, okay? I will help you Jihoon.” Jihoon looked at Mint.

“I need some time to think.” Mint nodded.

“Okay, take rest for today. I will take care of you. About class, I will cover for you. Take a day or two for resting while making up your mind, okay? Don’t worry, I got your back, Jihoon. You can rely on me.” Jihoon sniffled and nodded. Mint exhaled and hugged Jihoon. He felt bad for his friend, Jihoon felt small in his arm at the moment. It was right then, Mint swore to himself that he would help and support Jihoon no matter what Jihoon decided for his – and the baby’s – future.

 

 

“I got a call saying you’re not boarding the plane, why?” Seungcheol was bombarded with that question as soon as he picked up the call. It’s Jeonghan.

“What big boss said to you?”

“He asked me to fill your place for more couple of days. What happened? The deal is wrapped nicely and you’re supposed to come back this morning.” Jeonghan asked.

“Well, big boss did tell me I could ask for more leaves once this deal is done.” Seungcheol said. Jeonghan made a certain noise on the other line, Seungcheol knew that. Jeonghan didn’t really believe his words. He sighed. “I found J.”

“Huh?”

“That guy.” There’s a silence before Jeonghan gasped on the other line.

“Your guy? The one nightstand? You met him? Where?”

Seungcheol exhaled. “Accidentally here in Thailand.”

“Oh my god, the fate. So, you’re pursuing him? Finally, my friend will find his happy ending.”

“Or maybe a closure.” Seungcheol could tell Jeonghan was puzzled.

“What’s wrong, Seungcheol?” Jeonghan asked seriously.

“He has a son.”

“Oh my god. He is married?”

“I’m staying for a while, just to get know a bit and continue from the fact I’m going to discover.” They stayed silence for a while before Jeonghan started to talk again.

“Go, do that. Get the closure you need. I’m supporting you. It has been six years and you never able to forget him. I know you have waited for the moment you met him again. See what future has for you and him. You’re a wise man, right?”

“It’s either happy ending or moving on. I know Jeonghan. If he has a family, then I shouldn’t pursue him.” Jeonghan gave a voice of agreement.

“Don’t worry about work, I will cover for you. Good luck, man.”

“Thank you Jeonghan.” The call was cut after they bade a goodbye. Seungcheol stared at his phone for a while before calling his driver aka assistant. “Hey, can I ask some help?”

 

 

Seungcheol remained in the car when his driver parked at the side. “It’s the building across there, sir. My sources said the guy in the picture you gave me worked in that building.”

“It wasn’t far from the mall.” Seungcheol commented and looked at the building. When he had the dinner with Jihoon last time, he had secretly taken a picture of the guy. He used the picture to ask his assistant helped to find out a bit about Jihoon. Given that he didn’t know the full name of the guy plus Jihoon didn’t respond to any of his texts or taking his calls, he asked to find out where Jihoon worked and his assistant used some help. After a little more than 24 hours, the informer gave them an address where Jihoon worked.

“If you give us more time, we could find out more.” The driver said. Seungcheol looked at him.

“Is it possible to...?” Seungcheol didn’t get to finish his word when he saw a familiar boy walking out from the main entrance of the building. There’s another figure followed behind and Seungcheol didn’t recognize. His heart felt a pang when the boy smiled happily to the other person, a guy. They talked something, looks like discussing or bickering over something. The guy took the boy’s hand, swinging their hands together and laughing. Seungcheol clenched his fist. “Could you follow them without noticing?”

“Who?” The driver asked.

“The boy. With the guy that about to get the taxi there.” The driver locked the target and nodded.

“Okay, sir. About earlier...”

“I just need to know basic things about the guy. If you’re capable to get information about him without knowing his full name, I’m thankful for that.”

“I will let the informer know. You’re going to extend your stay, sir?”

“I’m going to stay for two weeks.”

“Noted, sir.” The driver said and focused on driving. The taxi they’re following didn’t go that far, they stopped at a restaurant. The boy and the guy got off the taxi and walked to the restaurant together. “Sir? Are you going inside?” The driver asked. Seungcheol looked at them.

“I will go.” Seungcheol said and got out from the car. He’s careful not to show himself to the boy. He managed to get a table near them, but not near enough to hear them clearly. But again, there’s no use to eavesdropping as they’re talking in Thai. Seungcheol could just glance at them some time while having his own meal. He could see they’re closed and he’s curious who the guy is.

The boy cheered when his food came. “Lung* Mint, we’re going to arcade later right?” The guy smiled.

*A/N: pronounced as loong, meaning uncle

“Yes, I have promise you so I’m bringing you today, Krist.” The boy, Krist grinned.

“I’m happy Papi let me go. It will be forever if waiting for him having a time to go with us.” Mint just chuckled. He helped Krist to cut the chicken to smaller pieces. The boy was happy when he started to eat, making few noises of contentment. Mint chuckled.

“Eat slowly, don’t get choked.”

“Aye, aye, captain.” Mint just laughed. Krist grinned at him. The two ate without minding their surroundings. Seungcheol watched them a little while and he really felt uncomfortable to see how carefree Krist with that guy. He didn’t know why he felt like that thou.

They finished their meal and Seungcheol decided to follow them as well. When they arrived at the destination, Seungcheol noticed the guy brought Krist to the arcade. He didn’t follow inside but just watched over the entrance for sometime before deciding to head back to the building where Jihoon’s working. The driver just followed his instruction.

“You wait here for a while. I’m going in there and see him personally.” Seungcheol said before leaving and the driver just nodded.

Seungcheol walked closer to the entrance behaving normally but his eyes were scanning the entrance. No guards at the door but there’s a gate that required a pass for staff or registered visitor. Seungcheol decided to go inside and walk to the receptionist. He was about to approach the girl there when a familiar face coming out through the gate. “Jihoon.” Seungcheol called out. Jihoon who was just passed the gate and about to keep away his card looked up when he heard his name being called. He was surprised to see Seungcheol.

“S-Seungcheol?”

Seungcheol smiled a little and stepped closer. “Hi, um. Can we talk for a while?”

Jihoon felt uncomfortable at the moment. Some people already looked at them as well. “I don’t think we have things to talk about, it’s already done after the meal anyway. I don’t want to think much of how you know I’m here.” Jihoon said and walked out. Seungcheol’s face fell a bit but he followed after Jihoon. He’s not going to give up. He needed answers.

“Jihoon, wait. I- I want to talk about us.” Jihoon paused and turned, they’re already outside the building.

“There are no us, Seungcheol.”

“That night…”

“It was just one nightstand. Why you so hung up on that?” Jihoon said quickly, he was anxious inside. He’s afraid about his secret coming out. It was great that his son wasn’t here. Seungcheol felt a pang as soon as he heard the words leaving Jihoon’s mouth.

“I… It wasn’t for me. I mean… I- that night, I feel there’s something more. I can’t forget you and that night even until today. And meeting you here…”

“You’re talking nonsense, sir. I’m going.” Jihoon said and walked again. But this time, Seungcheol caught the wrist stopping Jihoon from going away. Jihoon snapped a glare at him. “Let me go.”

“No, wait Jihoon. I really need to-”

“I don’t want to have anything to do with you. I don’t want to hear anything too.” Jihoon said, pulling his hand harshly. Seungcheol felt his heart was stabbed but he remained cool. He was about to say something when someone removed his hand away from Jihoon and stepped in between them.

“What are you doing to him?” Seungcheol found the unknown guy with Krist earlier in between them. He didn’t hear the question bu

Please log in to read the full chapter