the good and bad (and what lies between)

sebaek drabbles (+ oneshots)

A8-DB350-B-FF1-D-4-DD6-851-E-0-D16-F08-D274-C

 

if serenity was anything to go by these two boys would last in harmony. as hunters of the good and the bad, with their ability to fend off both with their own powers, the pair shouldn't work. shouldn't be compatible because one was the light of the world who protected the good from the bad and the other was the dark who protected the bad from the good. they should be at war, protecting their people from each other, but they weren't. because sehun had learned to accept the goodness of baekhyun and wished only that he would remain that way, while baekhyun had taken longer to realise that sehun's bad was okay. he was protecting his people from righteousness because it would only damage their wickedness. just as baekhyun was protecting his people's purity from black-hearts. it was that way. they came to terms with it.

it was rare they saw each other, both too busy training their people, as well as protecting them. when they did, however, it wasn't rushed greetings and 'how are you's, it was standing in calmness next to each other on the bridge hidden deep in the great forest. it was when baekhyun would stand next to the other, head resting on sehun's broad shoulders, with fingers intertwined and sehun's head on the smaller's.

it was in this spot it would often rain. the rain would wash away the dust and give life back to the trees and fill the streams because they all became malnourished and dehydrated easily.

the two stood, as usual, on the bridge. sehun playing with the shorter's fingers and baekhyun falling into slumber on his shoulder. the rain was slightly heavier than usual, they didn't mind though, they wouldn't get cold, only wet.

as the elder gradually became limp in his resting, the younger admired him. admired how his lips formed into a pout subconsciously and his eyelids fluttered every now and then. he held the elder in his arms, his hair, smoothing the worry in his face as the rain trickled down his forehead. he was beautiful. no wonder he was appointed as the giver of light.

oh how sehun wished they weren't two opposites, how one wasn't dark and the other light, that way, he could love him freely. he could cup his jaw and kiss his face without having to hide in the obscurity of the rain. he could stand on the bridge and admire the world with the other without precipitation. because the clashing of light and dark meant rainfall. and although rainfall meant healthy plants, it meant that the villagers of good and bad were in danger of each other. because a good and a bad had mixed. and the mixing of two opposites disturbed the natural order of the world.

but sehun didn't care, nor did baekhyun. if them loving each other meant the sequence of life was disrupted, so be it. because baekhyun was sehun's good and sehun was baekhyun's bad. they had no plans of changing that. 

 

a/n:i have no idea where this went but i rlly like it :)