a bug! more like a hug!

sebaek drabbles (+ oneshots)

3006-BF4-D-7-FFF-4435-9858-735-C6-E14-BA8-B

 

“look! look, sehunnie! i found a bug!”, an overly excited seven-year-old baekhyun jumped over to where the other was standing, smile overly innocent.

he came even closer to where sehun was sat on the grass, playing with rocks. he didn’t register the younger boy squirming away, so he came even closer and showed sehun what he had found. 

“i think it’s a ladybug! look at it!”, baekhyun opened his hand to reveal said bug. only then did he become witness to the most high pitched scream the six-year-old had ever let out. 

“ew, no! get it away hyung!”, the younger was seen running away, as fast as his baby legs could carry him. shaking his shoulders and floundering, now fully aware of the presence of all the ‘wiggly and gross land things’. 

the older followed sehun with his eyes, utterly perplexed and frozen to his core. to baekhyun it was pretty, he loved ladybugs, but the younger was terrified. he couldn’t understand why. 

in his state of bewilderment, he hadn’t realised sehun stopping on another patch of grass, pout prominent and hands still busy brushing off his clothes. 

“hyung! why would you do that!”

“i’m sorry hunnie, i didn’t know you were a wuss!”, baekhyun said, trudging over to the other. his eyes were sorry, but his tone of voice was one of light mockery. before the younger could complain at his mean older friend, said bully approached his side with his arms stretched out, smiling with just his lips.

he hugged the taller as tight as he could, resting his head on his shoulder (by his baekhyun really meant his own, because sehun's shoulder's were owned by baekhyun). the blond haired boy refused to hug him back because he was sulking. how could his best friend not know that he was afraid of bugs?

when he turned his neck slightly to observe the shorter, and he reciprocated by lifting his head, he couldn't help but be mad at his smile. that smile. the smile which always has sehun going soft for the one boy he treasured the most. 

"it's..it's okay, hyung", he smiled, "just don't ever bring any creepy crawlies near me ever again!"

"i promise!"