kiss buddy

sebaek drabbles (+ oneshots)

57-EA8-EB9-8532-4-C84-9291-1-A784-F75-B14-D

 

“the prince of china will be the one crowning you tomorrow”  

the boy who had been sat at his vanity, washing his face while dreaming of his coronation became flustered, “the..the prince of china?”

if his wide eyes and raised eyebrows were anything to go by he wasn’t expecting that, “as in, oh sehun..the long-standing prince of china?”

“yes”, junmyeon returned, eyebrows lifting in tease, finding the younger’s embarrassment amusing, “is there a problem with that?”

“no”, he turned back, eyes pointing to nowhere, “it’s fine”.

he sent the other away with an unconvincing smile and a small goodnight before he turned to look at himself in the mirror. only then did he take note of his red face and wide eyes. maybe he gave too much away to the older, the way he reacted. he probably gave away completely his discomfort. 

if he had never met the other prince, he wouldn’t feel so shaken, but he had. he had met the taller more than once. his first run in with the older male was when he came to korea to meet with the king. baekhyun still wasn’t a prince so they couldn’t meet formally. they did meet, however, when the shorter was lurking about the palace in an attempt to cure his boredom, going no particular place, while being eyed by the guards. he wasn’t intimidated by them, he knew they found him adorable. 

he met the taller prince while wandering through the gardens, after being told off by the guards, studying the various flowers and the meticulously tended-to gravel paths. he was in his own world, as he always was, and became utterly flustered when a formally dressed sehun stopped them from colliding. there was a, “you should be more careful, especially if you’re royalty”, to which the smaller replied with a pout and a claim of, “i’m not really royalty, i’m not a prince or anything”. it was what had a 19-year-old sehun smiling and encouraging a 17-year-old baekhyun, “you will be one eventually”. baekhyun had blushed and agreed and they had walked away from each other and that was the end. 

until the next time they saw each other. 

his father had insisted he join him on his visit to china, he had claimed his son needed more fresh air and to explore more of the world. he had complied happily on the premise he could explore as much as he wanted without limitations. that’s why when they had first arrived at the palace and his father went to meet the other king, baekhyun found himself wandering through the much larger and brighter gardens with more saturated and well-looking plants. it was at that time he met the prince again. 

“you like gardens, don’t you?”, sehun sent him into mild shock but steadied him, grabbing his arm.

the younger chuckled nervously as sehun let go of him, “well, you seem to like them as well”

the taller grinned and lightened baekhyun’s awkwardness, “have you become a prince yet?”

“no”

“that’s surprising”, he replied with sincerity, “you’d make the perfect prince”

after seeing that the younger was waiting for him to finish, he continued, “i mean, you’re pretty, adorable, and really likeable, and i’ve only met you once”

baekhyun wasn’t known to blush but in that moment he couldn’t suppress his embarrassment as it rode up his face, “i’m...pretty?”

sehun’s confidence wasn’t going to waver anytime soon. he knew that as he leaned to touch the younger’s face, admiring his visage, “yes, the prettiest i’ve ever seen”

the two had been interrupted by his best friend calling him. the prince strolled away with a smirk on his face and a “bye, baekhyun”, to which the younger blushed even more. he almost couldn’t hide it as junmyeon approached him but he managed to cover his face as the older male escorted him to where his father was waiting.

the third time they met was the most memorable. baekhyun had managed to get away from his fully guarded quarters and was wandering through the large fields behind the palace. they were quiet like they always were and baekhyun had noticed a casually dressed sehun walking towards him. he had been confused why the older prince was in korea, let alone strolling around the fields. he had approached the younger at once with an almost indistinguishable smirk on his face as he was prompted to speak.

“you’re wondering what on earth i’m doing here, aren’t you?”

“is it really that obvious”, the younger replied with sarcasm before rolling his eyes, “so, stalking me are you?”

the taller hadn’t expected baekhyun to be so easy to talk to, considering how flushed the other’s cheeks had become the two times they’d met before.

“maybe i just wanted to experience the beauty of korea”, he stated, eyes wandering to all of the buttercups painting the land, and back to the smaller, with a glint within his irises, “there are lots of beautiful things here”

baekhyun didn’t want to reply, didn’t have the courage to in fear his voice would betray him because what was he supposed to say to that?

he didn’t have to say anything though. he couldn’t. he wasn’t able to speak as the older leaned in to lock their lips in an instant. it happened too quick for the younger to comprehend but it made his heart warm and his nerves punch him in the balls. what he was certain of was that he wanted it again, to kiss the tall prince again. he was handsome and sweet and his voice was like honey, and even though this was only their third meeting he was dangerously attracted to sehun. he got what he wanted when he saw the man panic, afraid that he had done wrong so baekhyun calmed him. he found himself tip-toeing to his height and pulling him closer by the neck, all before he connected their bodies once again and felt the older kiss him back. 

they had only stopped kissing when they were dizzy and their lips a wreck. at that point, baekhyun was confused. it was just a kiss. it was a kiss with the prince of china who he had only met three times. the taller would leave and go back to his princely duties and the shorter would be left alone once again. 

“like kissing me, huh?”, sehun, who was dazed and all kissed out, had halted his thoughts. 

baekhyun swallowed his disappointment and nodded, vision unfocused. 

“i like kissing you too”, the taller reached out to his chin, lifting it to meet his gaze, “i’ve only met you three times and i’m already obsessed with kissing you”

the younger let out a breathy laugh, “you’re a prince, you shouldn’t be kissing someone like me”

“you’re the son of the king, idiot”, sehun lightly slapped the other.

after a few seconds of contemplation, the older added with sweetness in his voice, “maybe the next time we meet i can kiss you again”

that is what happened the next time they met, just as they had promised. it was their fourth and most recent meeting, a week before baekhyun’s coronation. the buff prince had managed to sneak into the palace, using his royalty card to get past all the maids and guards, ordering them to keep his visit a secret. he wasn’t there for the king, or to carry out his duty, he had come back for a certain black-haired male. 

baekhyun had been in his quarters, free of people serving him. it was the middle of the day so he had naturally slipped into a circle of playing games and playing his piano. his day was boring as it always was, so when a mischievous looking sehun popped his head through the entrance of his room, his expression shaped into one of confusion. he had still been ecstatic though, seeing the half-stranger walk into his room. 

“hello, soon-to-be prince”, the taller prompted with excitement laced in his words, yet his tone was a soft as could be. 

that had sent the younger’s head spinning like crazy and a smile on his face so large, his lips could’ve reached his ears, “how did you get in here”

“powers of persuasion”, he insisted, trudging over to where baekhyun was sat, sitting down with him. 

the shorter chuckled, pulling himself up to cover his piano and store his games away.

“aren’t you gonna kiss me”, sehun practically demanded, eyes following the other’s movements. to his hands, to his lips, “you promised” 

baekhyun’s heart dropped to his knees and his breath got caught in his throat as he turned around to find the prince stood before him. he didn’t have time to react, to savour any moment, to capture a picture of the older’s visage. sehun kissed him. it was hungry and animalistic and baekhyun could tell how badly the older had wanted to press their lips together. in no time, the rough male had pulled him closer by the neck and waist, arms never letting go as he gripped him and kissed him. baekhyun was too gentle for this but he didn’t care. he didn’t want to stop kissing sehun. 

neither of the two knew how long their connection of tongues lasted but they were both lacking in breath, the smaller’s knees weaker than before, struggling to hold the rest of him up. the rhythm of the taller’s heart had steadied as he noticed the smaller still worked up, finding it hard to recover. 

he had walked baekhyun over to his bed, and made him sit in the middle. they had kissed more and more, soft and sweet and not rushed. after hours sehun had claimed he had to leave but he’d come back soon. baekhyun had felt giddy inside as the taller pecked him once more and he made his way out. 

he had thought about it for a whole week until his coronation came round and his best friend told him how the next day would play out. he had no idea how he would act when the person he’d kissed fervently more than once, placed a crown upon his head. 

he decided to get some beauty sleep and panic in the morning. all he could do was dream of sehun and his lips, the way they affected him.

 

 

on the day of his coronation, baekhyun’s clothing was fussed with, makeup touched up over and over, his best friend had come in and kissed his forehead with an adorable, “fighting!”, and he was now stood behind the doors of the main hall, with thin lips and sweaty hands, playing with his fingers.

would he not have been informed that the prince of china was going to crown him, he wouldn’t be so nervous. he couldn’t imagine how the taller would make him feel as he placed the title of ‘prince of korea’ on his head, quite literally. he had met sehun four times, and had kissed him more than once. it was an awkward situation he was in. being attracted to an almost-stranger and another prince, a boy, it wasn’t somewhere the 17-year-old had been before. it was new, scary. 

he couldn’t ponder on it too much as he was urged to walk in by the multitude of people around him. as he strolled up to where the king was sat, he smiled at everyone watching, walking with pride. it was when he got close enough he spotted sehun emerging from behind the king of china, while his own father stood up, pride in the way he held himself. his breath hitched and his heart quickened at the sight of the taller prince’s smile as he approached the crown, picking it up gently. 

it happened quickly. before he knew it sehun was stood in front of him. he turned around, nerves still shot yet doing his best to keep a smile on his face. he heard the king say something behind him, then the prince himself. he couldn’t pay full attention, too focused on the older, to how close their bodies were. he probably missed some parts of the prince’s speech but gave a declaration of ‘yes’ when asked if he would protect his country. 

this definitely wasn’t the time or place to be zoning out, to be thinking about sehun. but he couldn’t help it as the taller lowered the crown onto his head. he was kind and slow. it was like the prince wished to remember to feeling of decorating baekhyun’s head with a pretty thing. baekhyun deserved pretty things. 

he hadn’t realised he was holding his breath until the king bellowed a proud, “welcome the new prince of korea!”

everyone was happy and clapping until they were escorted out to a ball room. baekhyun didn’t move with anyone, he was taking in the moment as it was. he was finally a prince and he couldn’t be happier. 

he was knocked out of his joyful trance as sehun wrapped an arm around his shoulder, meeting his eyes from next to him. 

“i’d quite like it if we could formally kiss, now that you’re a prince”

the younger’s brows furrowed, mostly in tease, “formally kiss?”

the older prince responded with a smiling kiss. he kissed him tenderly with a grin the only thing stopping their lips from meeting completely. as sehun pulled away he took in the sight of a healthy and happy baekhyun. he hasn’t known the younger for long, yet his face was implanted in his brain, the residue of his kisses remained on his lips. 

“i like your lips”, he blurted out, still staring at the smaller, “i like kissing them”

“so you like my kissing devices”, baekhyun replied, both eyebrows raised in fake hurt, “well, sounds like you’re using me”

the younger prince made a move to walk away. he wasn’t offended, he had a new found liking to winding the older up. before he could move completely out of reach, sehun grasped his hand, yanking him closer. they were close enough that their faces were a thumb apart. 

“yes, kissing you is my favourite thing”

he emphasised his statement with a kiss to baekhyun’s nose, almost small enough to not be considered a kiss. the shorter pouted at the lack of longevity, so kissed him back, on the mouth, because he wasn’t tall enough to reach the other prince’s nose. 

sehun smiled. not only did he smile with his lips but he smiled with his eyes, with his whole face.

“you’re”, a kiss to the lips, “my”, to the forehead, “kiss buddy”, back to his lips. 

baekhyun made a move to wrap his arms around the other’s waist, snuggling into his god-shaped chest, “fine, buddy, we should kiss again sometime”

the taller chuckled. he gave a kiss to the crown of the shorter’s head. the literal crown, because it still adorned his head and sehun forgot about it. he took it off carefully before pressing a light peck to his, now accessible head.

“i’m looking forward to it, prince” 

 

a/n: this is not a drabble whatsoever. so i’m changing this to ‘sebaek drabbles and oneshots’ forgive me