Confession

A.C.E of the Seas

Chan quietly left his room and walked up the stairs. He was going to talk to Seyoon and see what he knew.

When he reached the deck, it was cold and quiet outside. 

It was almost crazy how loud the battle earlier in the day had been, and how quiet and calm the night after would be. 

 

He looked around on deck for Byeongkwan and Seyoon, only to find them standing around by the main mast. Byeongkwan was adjusting the ropes and knots, while Seyoon was standing over him. They both looked distracted. 

Chan was about to walk over and announce his presence when Seyoon started speaking to Byeongkwan.

 

“Byeongkwan….do you like it here?” Seyoon asked casually.

Byeongkwan was silent for a second. “I do.” he replied quietly.

“You know,” Seyoon continued, “Ever since you got here, everything has been more lively. Jun and Donghun are more excited to have more crewmembers. And even I….”

Byeongkwan frowned. “Me and Chan aren’t your crewmembers. We’re your slaves.”

“Byeongkwan….” Seyoon replied. 

 

It was quiet for a while between the two of them. Chan stood there by the staircase silently. He couldn’t bring himself to interrupt.

“You know,” Seyoon finally spoke up. “I don’t think of you that way. I don’t think neither Jun nor Donghun think of you that way either. We care for you.”

 

“I know.” Byeongkwan answered.

“Then-”

“But!” Byeongkwan cut him off, “That doesn’t change the fact that you guys are pirates, and we are not.”

“...then will you guys not stay?” Seyoon asked quietly and sadly.

 

Both Chan and Byeongkwan froze. 

Seyoon had definitely overheard them talking about leaving.

“Seyoon, please…” Byeongkwan pleaded with his eyes. “Don’t tell.”

“I can’t have you leaving.” Seyoon replied. “But I don’t want you killed either. Promise me you won’t leave and I won’t tell.”

“Seyoon…” Byeongkwan felt his heart become heavy.

“Please! Please, promise me.” Seyoon spoke desperately. 

“I...I can’t.” 

“Please, Byeongkwan.” Seyoon pleaded. “Give us a chance.”

“Why do you care so much?” Byeongkwan asked. “We are just some castaways you saved!”

Seyoon took a deep breath. “The truth is,...I can’t bear to see you leave.”

 

“Byeonkwan..I….” Seyoon shut his eyes tight and clenched his fists. “I like you!”

Chan, who was overhearing their whole conversation, freaked out. Whaaaaaat?

Seyoon continued to confess. “I liked you ever since I first saw you. But then, we talked more and more and I fell deeper for you. I like you so much Byeongkwan, and I don’t want to see you leave!”

 

Byeongkwan look shocked, but his face was bright red. 

“I- I don’t know Seyoon.” Byeongkwan blushed even harder, “This is really sudden.”

“Just promise me you won’t leave.” Seyoon replied. “Even if it’s just a little longer. Give me time to convince you to stay.”

“F-Fine…” Byeongkwan covered his face in embarrassment. “I promise.”

 

When the sails were finally done being put away, Byeongkwan scuttled back to his room. He entered the room and immediately flopped onto his bed facedown. He didn’t even notice Chan sitting silently on the opposite bed with a smug look on his face.

“So.” Chan said loudly. “Should we keep packing?”

“N-no, its okay.” Byeongkwan muffled into the sheets.

Chan smirked. “What was that? I couldn’t hear you.”

“I-It’s okay, we don’t have to pack up tonight.” Byeongkwan turned to look at Chan.

Chan had an innocent look on his face. “Why is that? I thought this was the perfect time to leave.”

“I….” Byeongkwan had to quickly think of an excuse. “I’m tired.”

“You’re tired.” Chan deadpanned.

“Yes.”

Chan almost slipped but he held his composure. This was too funny. “Are you sure you didn’t just have a change of heart?”

“And why would I have a change of heart?” Byeongkwan asked shakily.

“Oh, I don’t know.” Chan sighed. “Maybe....Seyoon?” 

At the sound of his name, Byeongkwan turned bright red. 

“You!” Byeongkwan shouted at Chan. “You heard!”

Chan laughed. “I heard everything.”

“I don’t want to break his heart, Byeongkwannie.” Chan continued. “I guess we have no choice but to stay~.” Chan teased.

Byeongkwan covered his face in embarrassment. “Argh! I can’t believe you!”

“But for real,” Chan started, “Seyoon is always hanging out with you. I barely get to talk to him. What’s he like?” he asked.

Byeongkwan reached over to hug his pillow close to his body. “What do you want to hear?” he replied.

Chan smirked. 

“All of it.”