Docked

A.C.E of the Seas

Chan was tired and hungry, and he hadn’t had anything all day. But he couldn’t bring himself to go down and talk or eat with the others. He felt terrible all by himself. He wanted to cry more, but his tears had long since dried. 

There was too much on his mind right now. He couldn’t tell what was wrong from right. And he didn’t know what he could do. He wanted to help, but no matter what he chose to do, he would only end up hurting people.

If he chose to help the pirates, he would have to throw away the nobility, including his family and friends he grew up with.

If he chose not to hurt the nobility, the people of Choice would continue to suffer. 

Either way felt wrong, but Chan had to pick something.

The ship suddenly came to a halt and Chan stood up to look below. Without him realizing it, the ship had docked in a port city.

“Chan!” Chan looked down to see Jun below him, calling his name. “Come here.” He motioned.

Chan climbed down from the crow’s nest and met Jun on deck.

“What’s going on?” He asked.

“We’ve come to port to drop off some stuff.” Jun explained. “I need you to carry the boxes of supplies onto the dock.”

Jun noticed that Chan looked really tired. The younger’s eyes were puffy and dark circles had formed. “What’s wrong with you?” Jun asked.

Chan shook his head. “Just a lot to think about.”

Chan headed downstairs to move the boxes. Seyoon joined in to help move everything to deck, and not before too long, the two of them were done. Chan noticed Donghun and Jun speaking to a small crowd of people. Some of them looked like merchants, others just looked like villagers. He kept looking around.

 

“Where’s Byeongkwan?” Chan asked.

He didn’t notice Seyoon flinch.

“....I don’t know.” Seyoon said simply.

“I sent him on a job.” Jun interrupted the conversation as he walked over to the two of them. “And Chan, I need you to do something for me to.”

Chan tilted his head in confusion. He was surprised that Byeongkwan hadn’t said something to him before leaving for his job. “Okay captain. What do I need to do?”

“I want you and Seyoon to carry these boxes to the warehouse two blocks from here.” Jun gave Chan a piece of paper with a list. “You can read this, correct?”

Chan looked down at the paper. “Yeah, I can do this.”

“Great.”

Seyoon and Chan carried the boxes one by one over to the warehouse. It was on the corner of the dock, with forest behind the building. It was old and sort of smelly, and honestly a bit creepy. When the two went inside, it was dark. 

Chan looked down at the list. “It just says to leave them anywhere.” He read.

“Alright.” Seyoon replied. 

 

“Oh wait!” Chan exclaimed, looking over the list again. “I left out one box in the count!”

“That’s okay.” Seyoon reassured. “I’ll go grab it. Can you read over the list again while I go grab the last box? Make sure that we got everything for sure.”

“Yeah, I’ll do that.” Chan said.

Seyoon left Chan in the warehouse alone. The door was left open slightly so Chan still had some light. Chan was so busy reading the list and checking the inventory, that he didn’t notice a shadow appear in the doorway.

“I knew I recognized you from somewhere.” Chan jumped when he heard an unfamiliar voice.

 

He quickly turned around to come face-to-face with the privateer that had previously fought with ACE. “I thought I recognized you when I saw you on that puny pirate ship.”

The privateer sneered. “Your uncle sends his regards.”

Chan quickly pulled out his pistol from his belt. “D-don’t come any closer.” He stammered.

The privateer raised both of his hands in surrender. “Don’t be mean now, Yuchan. Your uncle wants to talk to you, that’s all.”

“I refuse.” Chan seethed. “I’m not going back.”

The privateer used his hand to signal someone. “You don’t have a choice.”

Before Chan could think, he heard someone shuffle behind him.

*bang*

Chan felt something hard hit him in the head, and that was the last thing he remembered before he passed out.