Confirmation

A.C.E of the Seas

“Chan!” Jun yelled.

Chan’s maiden battle on a pirate ship had just ended, but the action was far from over. Chan heard Jun calling his name and ran over to him.

 

Jun was holding Donghun in his arms. The older had gotten shot in the shoulder and was bleeding quite heavily.

He looked like he was about to pass out from the pain, and he groaned very loudly when Chan started to rip the fabric away from the wound.

Chan didn’t have much time to think about whether he should be helping a pirate or not; the only thing on his mind was saving his new friend. 

“Captain! I need fresh water, the cleanest dagger you can find, and some fabric you don’t mind getting bloody.” Chan ordered. He inspected the wound carefully as Jun repeated Chan’s orders to Seyoon and Byeongkwan.

The water was delivered first and Chan poured it all over Donghun’s wound. Donghun whimpered in pain, but Chan kept going. It was necessary to clean the bulletwound.

Jun let Chan borrow his dagger. Chan immediately washed it and stabbed it into Donghun’s shoulder. Donghun screamed out as Chan continued to dig the weapon into him.

“What are you doing!?” Jun yelled over the voice of pain. “Are you trying to kill him?”

Jun reached over to stop Chan but Chan flung him off. 

 

“Please, captain. Just trust me!” Chan said.

Jun sat back in disbelief. It looked like Chan was only hurting Donghun and making his wound worse. But the younger had asked for Jun to trust in him. Jun didn’t know what to do. 

As Jun prepared himself for the worse case scenario, Chan suddenly yelled out. “I got it!”

Jun looked over to see Chan pull out a piece out metal out of the bloody mess. 

Chan tossed the blood covered metal over to Jun before reaching down to dress the wound. 

“I pulled the bullet out.” he explained.

“Why would you do that?” Jun asked. He didn’t think it was worth Donghun going through all that pain. 

“If it didn’t, the chance of infection would drastically increase.” Chan explained. “Most people in battle don’t die of fatal attacks. Most people die from infection. Haven’t you ever seen someone die of fever from a smaller wound?”

“Hakjun….” Jun muttered softly. The sudden memory of his lost crewmember brought about a wave of sadness. Jun realized that Donghun could have succumbed to the same fate, had he not trusted in Chan.

“Thanks, Chan.”

 

It was the first time that Jun had thanked him. Chan smiled. “Donghun’s fight is far from over. He needs plenty of water and rest. We should move him to a bed.”

Jun ordered Seyoon and Byeongkwan to dump the rest of the bodies and enemies overboard as he and Chan were to move Donghun to the captain’s quarters. 

“You don’t want to save one of them for some questioning?” Byeongkwan asked. “I’m pretty good at getting information out of people...not in friendly ways.”

Seyoon and Jun looked at each other in surprise. They didn’t expect that from the innocent looking Byeongkwan.

“Don’t bother.” Jun replied. “We know who they are; we have run into them before.”

“They are….?” Byeongkwan asked.

“Privateers.” Seyoon stated. “They were hired by the nobles of the coastline to kill us and the likes of us.”

“Why would they want to kill us?” Byeongkwan asked, confused.

Jun laughed at the obvious question. “It’s because we are pirates.”