Scheme

A.C.E of the Seas

A couple days later, Jun gathered the whole crew together. 

“Listen up men! This is our first job in a while.” Jun declared.

Jun turned to Seyoon. “Seyoon, I want everyone able-bodied to be equipped with two swords and a gun. Chan will get three guns. Get the appropriate ammunition too. Let me know how much we have left when you’re done.”

Jun then turned to Byeongkwan. “You. You will be infiltrating with Seyoon. I’m assuming you know how to swing on a rope?”

“Wait what?” Byeongkwan asked, but Jun ignored him.

“Chan, you will be taking Donghun’s place as our gunsman. Donghun will teach you all you need to know before tonight.” Jun explained.

Chan looked at Donghun in confusion, and Donghun nodded back and gave a small smile.

“I will be handling negotiations when the time comes. Oh, and I will need the cannons ready too. If everyone is clear, then go get ready!”

“Wait a freakin’ minute!” Byeongkwan yelled, “What is going on? What are we infiltrating?”

Jun turned to Byeongkwan. “We’re infiltrating a ship of course! We are pirates, after all.”

Byeongkwan stood in front of Chan and shielded him from the other three. “Nuh-uh. No way. We are not partaking in your pirate schemes.”

“Byeongkwan…” Chan sulked.

Jun glared at him. “We are pirates. This is what we do. And you two are going to join.”

“We refuse.” Byeongkwan stated.

“You can’t.” Jun countered. “You owe us your lives and you will do as your captain says.”

“You can’t make us!” Byeongkwan argued. 

“Oh yes I can.” Jun unsheathed his sword. “Seyoon, hold him down.”

“Wait, wait, wait a minute!” Chan jumped between the two.

Seyoon also took a step forward in between Jun and Byeongkwan. “Hold on, captain, you’re being too hasty.”

Jun clenched the sword in his hand harder. “I have no choice.” Jun said. “This is how we do things here.”

“Please wait, captain.” Chan pleaded. “Give me a minute to talk to him.”

“...Fine.” Jun replied. He sheathed his sword and took a few steps back, giving Chan and Byeongkwan some room.

Chan turned to Byeongkwan. “Kwannie, please. Let’s just do as he says.”

“Chan, I can’t have you participating in this. You know what this implies! This will make us criminals.”

Chan bit his lip. “I know, Byeongkwan. But we don’t have any other options.”
“Yes we do!” Byeongkwan retorted. He suddenly turned to a whisper. “We can just run away, right now, and forget all this.”

Chan thought for a moment. “No.” He eventually said.

“What?” Byeongkwan looked confused. “What do you mean ‘no’?”

Chan huffed. “I mean, No. I’m not leaving.”

“You’re not leaving?! If we don’t leave, we will have to do what Jun says or we will be killed!” Byeongkwan exclaimed.

“I know.” Chan said simply. “But still, I’m not leaving. If you want to go, you will have to go yourself.”

“Argh!” Byeongkwan growled. Chan was so annoying when he was stubborn. Chan knew that there was no way Byeongkwan would leave by himself. After all, Byeongkwan sole purpose for refusing Jun’s orders was to protect Chan. 

“You’re so annoying!” Byeongkwan yelled, catching the attention of everyone else as well.

“...but fine. I will listen to Jun.” Byeongkwan decided.

Byeongkwan walked over to Jun, who was standing there with his arms crossed. “I will follow your orders, under one condition.”

Jun nodded, “I’m listening.”

“Under no circumstance will Chan be left alone.” Byeongkwan huffed. “I will not follow your orders unless you can promise me this.”

“...I accept.” Jun replied. “I will protect him myself.”

Byeongkwan eyed Jun and his sword. It was clear that Jun was a smart and talented fighter. After all, he was above in command of Seyoon. Jun was also quick to respond and good at thinking on his feet. Byeongkwan sighed and nodded, satisfied with Jun’s answer.

“Okay.” Byeongkwan said, “Now give me more details. When is this happening?”

“Tonight, after the sunset. We need total darkness.” Jun explained.

Byeongkwan thought for a moment. “How large is the other ship?”

“Not big, about the same size as our ship. The crew shouldn’t be too large in number either, but there will be trained soldiers aboard.”

Byeongkwan nodded. “That shouldn’t be a problem.”

“Good.” Jun replied.

Byeongkwan looked at Seyoon. “What do I need to do?”

Seyoon started to explain. “Like Jun said, you will be infiltrating the ship with me. We are going to find the most important person on the ship and take them hostage. Jun will do negotiations after that.”

Byeongkwan nodded. “Then what will Chan be doing?”
Donghun spoke up. “Chan will be taking care of enemies that try to cross-infiltrate our ship. A gunsman works best for this. He looked like he can handle that much.”

Chan nodded. Chan happened to have more experience with hunting and guns, rather than close combat, so that worked out for him.

“And what about you, Donghun?” Chan asked.

Donghun sighed, putting his other hand over his hurt shoulder. “I can’t help much this time, but I will do my best to support you with a one-handed gun.”

“Just stay out of the way.” Jun said. To anyone else, that might of sounded mean, but Donghun knew Jun just wanted him safe.

“If everyone is clear on the plan, then get ready and report to me when you’re done with preparations.” Jun declared, “We attack tonight.”