► ♪♫ 16 ♫♪ ◄

My Final Piece


"OY!" I smacked Jeongyeon's table "Where were you last night?!"
"uh? what's your problem Woman.. It's 6:00 in the morning" he squinted and rubbed his ear in annoyance.
"Yeah, Everyone was waiting for you!"
"Why? I did not say-"
"yeah you did."
"Did I?"
"you are weird you know that?!"
"You are weird"
"What!?"
"Why do you care if I go or not, It's my decision." he rolled his eyes and began laying his head back at the table

This.. This obnoxious brat! I don't have time to think about his stupidity! ugh. Whatever, from today on, I have to focus on all ICEY activities, since it is my first day on the Job.
Come to think of it, Chaeyoung.. She never went home last night. She said she had something to do, but... I wonder, if she's there in that club of hers again. I wonder if she'll come home tonight.. I still need to ask her what was wrong with her last night.

~~
"You sure? let me-"
"I am fine.. you can stop worrying about me."
~~

Yeah, there is definitely something wrong with her.. I never saw her scowl that much before, nor get mad at me enough for her to flick my hand.

"by the way, will you please bring your grim aura far away from me.. you're contagious."

THE HECK?

"wha-"

He went back to his resting position, as he turned his face away from me. This guy.. he.. ugh.

~~
"I like you. So stop crying"
~~

I scoffed around and smacked both of my cheeks to forget about that.. that confession.. That's definitely a joke..and that's all. So annoying. He is definitely just fooling around with me.

Unexpectedly a hand landed flat on the wall caging me in between

"Look if you'll keep moping like that, i won't ever get my sleep Manager." I heard his voice from behind me as I turned aggressively
"What do you mean ME-"

Our faces were close to each other, he glared at me with his emotionless face as he cages me between his arms.

"Manager, do you still like Bambam" he asked monotonously- glaring at me
"why do you care?- get ready it's almost 7."

I scowled and pushed him away from me

"geeze, you're boring."

"WHAT?!- you know. whatever, just tell me what I have to do? It says in your schedule that you have a music video shooting today, and a basketball practice. Which of this goes-"

He immediately interrupted me by launching towards me and kissing me on the cheek!

THE ~!!

My hand moved in an instinct that I slapped him the moment it happened

"Y-You have to stop doing this Jeongyeon! Stop playing games!"
"That's because you haven't been thinking about me. I even said that 'I like you'"

ughhh! This guy! stop!!

"Listen you-.." I scowled "If you were really serious about me, you wouldn't even do anything to offend me in any way! AND IF YOU REALLY did like me! then your heart should be racing relentlessly while aching at the same time!! But you are just so obnoxious!! You're messing with me! AREN'T YOU?!"
"so.. when you were in love with Bambam, does your heart ache too?"

.. I went out of control. Damn it!

"How annoying."

WHAT?!

"HEYOOO!" Jihyo barged in the room with a smile on his face. I jolted up and instantly stayed away from Jeongyeon "Oh.. did I caught you guys doin-"
"NO!" I uttered
"Calm down! I am just kidding!" Jihyo laughed and placed his bag on the table

Jeongyeon.. Why do you annoy me so much!
 

***

"Thank you for your purchase sir"
"keep it up young artist"

I smiled and bowed, watching my other pieces lower in number.
*sigh* I really need to get back into painting, my stock is just decreasing. Well.. I have been occupied with the club, my stupidity, Somi and.. Mina. how unusual.

"excuse me, how much for this piece?"
"ah! that's 100,000 wo-" I paused as soon as I saw who it is.

"Yo."
"Dahyun.. What are you doi-"
"just checking you out.. I guess."
"I am fine. thank you." Dahyun smiled at me and breathed

"how bout a walk?"
"uh. aren't you supposed to be in the-"
"Oh. I just recently hired a manager to do that for me, from today onward, I am free to roam around and be me- Maybe, bring Momo somewhere fancy or romantic- you know." she chuckled
"Okay, let me fix up."

***

"So? what do you want to talk about"

We sat by the bay area, the sun is bright and the breeze is cool, it is quite relaxing, but somehow Dahyun makes me nervous.

"Is there something YOU want to talk about?" She smiled
"None."
"Liar" Dahyun laughed
"I am not-"

"Chae, I've known you for a year now, and I also know you are good at hiding your feelings- but really not good enough. Tzuyu, Jeongyeon and I knows how to read you. and I know, you are hiding something right now."
"I couldn't possib-"
"I heard you went back to hosting.."
"Who told you?"
"Jeongyeon..- you slept over at his place and left for the host gig again.- why"
"P-Pari-"
"Somi, I get it."
"No. This is the only gig that could get me enough money to reach Paris fast."
"and then what?"
"And do what I planned.- that's not gonna cha-"

"if you planned of doing that Chaeyoung, then you must let go of Mina."
"What.. are you on about"
"Don't lie, I saw the way you faced her yesterday-"
"What FACE?!"

"a Jealous face.- when she asked about Jeongyeon."
"Why would I? we are all just friends here"
"I see." Dahyun smirked and looked over the horizon "but then.. a small advice from a friend- Mina is straight."
"I-I know that much."
"I wouldn't blame you if you fell for her, but I will tell you, it will hurt.."

We were engulfed by silence.

Dahyun's right.. why am I being like this? ha. what a two faced person you are Chaeyoung, your duality is very confusing...

Mina..

"Thinking hard I see."
"ah!"
"If you need help, you know I am the person you can come for, Jeongyeon and Tzuyu can't help you in this kind of situation. It is something only you and I would understand."
"I-I know." Dahyun smiled and wrapped her arm around me, ruffling my hair
"You handsome kid!- stop moping around!" Dahyun laughed "Come on, end your day today, and join me around Seoul.. It's my free day"
"You know you still need to manage your business right?"

"Yeah? but at least, i don't need to stay caged in there- NOW COME ON!"
 

***

The day had passed, Mina and Jeongyeon avoided each other and hasn't talked to each other unless it is a work related conversation

The day had passed, Mina and Jeongyeon avoided each other and hasn't talked to each other unless it is a work related conversation. They treated each other professionally and never casually.
Mina decided to leave early, to meet Momo and Sana at Dahyun's residence. Something, to calm her nerves down.

"Ugh! I swear! HE DRIVES ME NUTS!!"
"Y-Yo. Mina. calm down." Momo laughed "here have something to drink"
"T-Thanks..- Momo unnie. You stay here the whole day?"
"Not the whole day- Most of the day. I look around for a job you know"
"Why?"
"To help Dahyun-ah of course."
"Momo. You are a celebrity! You forced yourself to be on-"
"hush! Seoul does not need to know that?"
"Wait you haven't even told Dahyun?"
"No. she'll be devastated.. if she knew."
"Why?!"
"An Idol is a stressful Job. You know that SPICE is still on a dating ban? I HAVE TO DENY HER in front of millions of people!"
"Dahyun is a girl. No one would suspect you two dating?"
"Think. What if a guy comes in.. ship names. shippers. Dahyun will be crushed"
"Momo. you are an IDOL on HIATUS! You cant run forever."
"J-Just.. Give me time to tell her.. I just need to tell her."

*ding* *dong*

"ah! must be Sana-tan!" Momo exclaimed "Sana-tan!"
"Yahho!" Sana exclaimed
"Sana!" Mina ran to her and hugged her

"Debut is tomorrow!" Mina exclaimed
"ugh.. please don't remind me, I am gonna barf."
"Why? ThinkBlack is amazing!"
"Y-Yeah, the teasers are up, but holy crap! I can't believe this is happening."
"The moment you debut, you gotta be careful around Sana, cameras will hunt you down."

Momo laughed as she prepares something to eat

"YAH! i might not see you guys any-"
"NOT THAT CAREFUL!"
"tee-hee, so what chu cooking?- Wah Dahyun's house is huge."
"I am not cooking, I am just microwaving left overs.-"
"You are not feeding us that!"
"but this is all I have-"

"lucky i went to the convenience store just before coming here- out of the way, let me handle this" Sana laughed
"oh! oh! Can we make a recipe?" Momo pounced around
"eh? now?"
"y-yeah! yeah! I want to make too!" Mina answered

"Okay then, we should have hanged out in my place then!"
"awwee, but this is close anyway, at least when Dahyun comes back she has food." Momo pouted

"so technically, we are cooking for the 4 of us.?"
"yeah!" she smiled
"ah Momoring"
"uwu!"
"fine"

"YAY!"

The girls began adding and writing down ingredients they wanted to add in the bowl, as usual Mina added ketchup yet again. Sana began cooking and the girls hanged out just how they normally do when it was just the three of them.

( Baby nal teojil geotcheoreom anajwo )

"AH!! SANA CHAN! THINKBLACK IS ON TV!!"

( Geuman saenggakhae mwoga geuri eoryeowo )

"YAH! embarrassing!!"

( Geojitmalcheoreom kiss haejwo naega neoege )

"Damn! your teasers are hitting up!" Mina squealed
"AHHH!!!! SANA-CHAN! HAHAHA!" Momo squealed as Sana's Teaser came out

( Majimak sarangin geotcheoreom )

"YAHH!"
"Uwa! Sa-chan! waaaaa! Lisa and Jennie are so pretty!"

( Majimakcheoreom mamamajimakcheoreom )

"Omy gosh! Is that Rose and Jisoo? So pretty!!"
"uwa! SA-CHAN AGAIN!!" The girls laughed and squealed

( Majimak bamin geotcheoreom love )

(Wow! We are excited to see this new girl group from YG emerge into the crowd)
(That is right, ThinkBlack will be making their debut tomorrow night at 6:00 pm grand stadium)

(For a chance to meet, Jennie, Lisa, Rose, Jisoo and Sana. K-star Productions will be releasing 4 lucky winners for a special VIP-)

"Eh? you guys have a show? not telling us?"

(seat and a photo up with the members of ThinkBlack)

"Aw! don't sulk girls? of course I thought about you two?" Sana snickered

(Wow, the lucky winners gets to have the exclusive first meet with the members-)

"well?"
"Here! eat up, Of course I got you tickets!- backstage passes"
"uwa! SANA-CHAN!"
"I can't debut without my two babies? I want you two to support me, upfront and behind!"
"We love you Sa-chang!"
"Y-yeah. okay, now if you excuse me- I am gonna barf!"
"HEY! calm down you got this!"

The girls began laughing and hanging out as Momo dropped 8 bottles of soju.

"Momo-chan? NO! Sana needs to be at the debut tomorrow!" Mina laughed
"then 5?"
"Too much! You know how you two are in alcohol!"
"3.." Momo pouted
"3 is fine."
"3 bottles each!!" Sana whined
"SANA?!"
"What! I'll be up early."
"If you-"
"I am not like you Mitang!" She laughed
"but-"
"We'll be fine! It's early anyway, it's just 7:30" she laughed
"uh.."

Suddenly a lock can be heard from the front door.

"ah! That's Dahyun-san!" Momo exclaimed "baby!" Momo pounced
"eh? what's up babe, - ah! Sana, Mina, you guys are here too"
"Hello!" They both exclaimed

"uh.." Dahyun began looking at the corner of her eye, Chaeyoung appeared behind her.

"Ah! Chaeyoung!" Mina called, but Chae smiled and waved without acknowledging Mina's presence.

Sana looked at Mina and pulled her back on her seat.

"Is it just me? or, Chaeyoung seemed distant?" Sana whispered
"No, I noticed that too.,"
"Talk to her."
"eh? why me?"
"Because, you are her roommate. you two must have that special bond." Sana smiled
"but-"
"just do it."

Dahyun and Chaeyoung got in the house, wet from the rain.

"Oh it's raining outside? we did not notice" Momo patted Dahyun and fixed her hair
"it's okay, it's not that strong."

"ah! Chaeyoung-ah.." Mina called onto her, yet Chaeyoung did not budge.

The girls looked at Mina and Chaeyoung silently, trying to figure out what was wrong.

"C-Chaeyoung?" Mina called again walking close to her, but Chaeyoung averted her eyes. " are you-.."

"Ah! Dahyun I got to go, I'll call you tomorrow" Chaeyoung instantly went out of Dahyun's door

"ah! Chaeyoung! you forgot your umbrella!" Dahyun called out to Chaeyoung who seems to be running through the rain

"Mina!? What are you standing there for?" Sana called
"w-what?"
"Go after her idiot!" Momo squinted
"What?.."
"Just go!" Sana pulled Mina out and gave her an umbrella

***

W-What did I do

W-What did I do. Why did I run away! I just saw her.. I just had to act everything is okay! She thinks I am weird now! What the heck Chaeyoung! why are you running! Stop! STOP!
My legs won't listen, my heart kept beating, my breathe is steaming! I just can't afford to see her, for a while! I need to go. I need to-

"Chaeyoung!"

. She followed me.. why?!

"Chaeyoung! why did you run away like that?" She said behind me
"Mina- please leave me alone"
"No! tell me why."
"I-I can't tell you"
"Chaeyoung!" I heard her foot steps coming closer to me

I am sorry Mina, I just have to think straight! What is going on with me.. my legs instinctively ran away from her, Not knowing why, I just can't face her

"ah! Chaeyoung!" She began running for me
"Leave me alone Mina!"
"What the hell is wrong with you! I cant-"

Thunder and lightning began to roar the skies, and Mina's eyes widened to the light. She dropped on her knees immediately freezing herself, covering her ears from the thunder's roar. she dropped her umbrella and got herself wet.

Chaeyoung noticed that Mina's words cut as soon as the thunder roared, she ran but cannot hear any footstep following her so she turned and saw Mina dropped to her knees, muffling her ears. Thunder and lightning again and it made Mina jolt her hand trying to cover it tighter.

Chaeyoung knew what was going on, yet she needed to fight. She can't leave her like this. Chaeyoung ran towards the older and picked up the umbrella shading her from the rain.
She sees Mina crying and gritting her teeth, muffling her ears from the thunder.

"M-Mina." Chaeyoung tried to get her to move, but Mina wont budge
"Mina. let's go home." Chaeyoung tried to get her to relax.

Mina was silently gritting her teeth while tears fell from her eyes. The skies roared louder than it was before. Mina instantly jolted and hugged the cub shouting her name.

"CHAEYOUNG!" She cried, wrapping her arms around her. "Please.. don't leave me."
"Mina. I am sor-" The skies roared again and Mina screamed as her hug went tighter.
".. Okay let's go home, I got you."

Chaeyoung tried to get Mina up and silently walked down the road on the way home. The skies never silenced, rain fell heavier and the storm roared louder.

***

Chaeyoung lead Mina to her room and made her change her clothes. Mina was very stiff that she could not move, but she was able to change halfway through until another roar commenced. Mina jolted up and covered herself with the sheets and muffled her ears once again.

"M-Mina, It's okay. I am here." Chaeyoung uttered, but Mina could not utter a word..

Chaeyoung sighed and scooted over Mina's bed hugging the older from her fear. The skies roared louder and Mina ended crying. Chaeyoung moved behind the scared penguin and wrapped her arms around her, hugging her from behind. Mina kept her ears muffled, while Chaeyoung helped her cover her head.

"I am sorry" Chaeyoung mumbled.

Silence engulfed them and nothing else could be heard but the thunder's roar all night long.

 

***

Morning has come and the light from the sun hit Chaeyoung's eye level. Making her squint from the light and slightly moved. She noticed Mina calmly laying down on her chest. They both fell asleep in a back cuddling position, with Chaeyoung laid on the head rest of the bed, and her arms cushioning Mina softly.

"Mina.." she thought while releasing a smile on her face, watching the older sleep quietly.

She slightly moved her hand, caressing Mina's face, trying her best not to wake the latter from her sleep. She once again released a deep sigh and her smile disappeared. She moved her fingers onto Mina's pink lips touching it and slowly caressing- then letting go. Averting her eyes around Mina's room.

How long do I have to keep up with this facade? I don't even know why am I feeling this way


How long do I have to keep up with this facade? I don't even know why am I feeling this way. Is it that kiss? or because she's been paying attention to Jeongyeon lately? I really don't understand what am I feeling right now. This really can't be happening to me. I need to go to Paris.. and Fast.

~~
"and then what?"
~~

And then what..- pursue my dreams...
Oh god.. I am losing track.. I need help

"hmm" I heard a slight moan escape Mina's lips as she continued to cuddle with me, making herself feel comfortable

  *sigh* Mina you are just to comfortable aren't you, I released a silent chuckle

Mina sprawled her arms about and opened her eyes directly at the ceiling, she turned and saw me- with a smile she moved her sprawled arms around my waist and hugged me again.
I think I am gonna die, My heart is beating fast. I am sure she can hear it by now..

"Good Morning, Chaeyoungie" she said with a husked voice and smiled- hugging me tighter
"Go-good Morning Mina.. How do you feel?"
"I feel great- Thank you.. for being there for me."
"I never knew you were afr-"
"now you do."
"Do you deal with this alone?"
"Most of the time, I usually hide under the table, inside the closet or just under the sheets. Bambam usually keeps me company. but either than him, I've been dealing it alone." her smile disappeared

I felt her depression, her sadness. Now I understand a little better- that's why she had no choice but to grow up as such an independent woman.
I sighed once again, and caressed her hair softly with a smile.

"Okay.. You win." I mumbled
"huh?"

She jolted her head up looking at me with confusion, Our faces were close to each other. I smiled at her.

"From now on, i will not take my eyes off you."

I consciously know that my hand moved on it's own, caressing her face once again.

"And I promise, I'll be here to keep you company." I smiled- our stares remained in position. and My heart seems to be beating louder than it was ever before.

I need to know what I feel about her, What is she for me. Our stares lasted for a while

"Chaeyoung? is everything okay?"

"Ah! yeah! it's just that I am glad you are fine now.." I smiled


at this moment I knew..





 

Myoui Mina is definitely..





 

someone important to me.