Chapter 7

What Happens in Vegas Doesn't Stay There

I apologizing for not posting yesterday my little kittens, but I had my long day at work and just didn't have time before I left.

 

                                Kyungsoo lay in bed wide awake, Jongin’s head on his chest and one arm thrown across his stomach as he dozed. He should’ve kept a hold of his hormones, but he honestly couldn’t say he regretted it at all. He just hoped the younger man wouldn’t either. He certainly seemed to enjoy it, and had been far more enthusiastic (and flexible) a participant than the older man was used to. Still, he couldn’t help but feel he’d somehow taken advantage of the, unusual situation they currently found themselves in even though he gave plenty of chances for them both to change their minds.

                “Soo? What’s wrong?” Jongin’s groggy voice pulled Kyungsoo out of his thoughts and he smiled at his, no doubt temporary husband. He didn’t like to think that way however, and resolved to enjoy it until the younger man asked for an annulment.

                “Nothing’s wrong Baby. I was just thinking and trying not to move so you could sleep.” It wasn’t a total lie. Kyungsoo’s self-doubts shouldn’t be Jongin’s problem, and he was trying to stay still so the younger could sleep.

                Jongin snuffled his face into Kyungsoo’s chest for a moment before giving an adorable sleepy pout. “I was asleep, but now I’m starving, but I don’t want to move, but right now I ache in all the best ways, but I’ll get stiff and not in a good way if I don’t move.”

                “Sounds like quite an issue you have there, but we probably ought to feed you. Why don’t we take a shower and order room service? That way you can eat and move around a little, but if you want to go back to bed we can.”

                “Are you sure? It’s still early if you want to go out. I don’t want to ruin your vacation just because I’m feeling lazy.”

                Kyungsoo used his crooked finger to push Jongin’s chin up as he bent to give the other man a kiss. “Baby, you’ve already made this vacation a hundred times better than I expected. I wouldn’t have offered if I minded. Now come on, let’s go get clean.”

                Jongin pouted again, but with more kisses was finally coaxed out of bed and, with his arm around Kyungsoo’s shoulder after claiming he felt kind of weak, finally made it to the bathroom where the shorter man ended up doing all the work of getting them both clean, not that he minded. He loved the feeling of the younger’s skin and hair under his fingertips as he gently scrubbed, rinsed, and dried them both before getting them into sleepwear.

                Now clad in his usual black silk pajamas and with a still mostly boneless Jongin poured into a tank top and boxer shorts and propped up on the couch, Kyungsoo proceeded to wrinkle his nose at the choices on the hotel menu not really in the mood for anything fancy, and asked his companion if he wanted to order pizza instead. They ended up calling the front desk for a recommendation and ordered an XXL meat and cheese ridden monstrosity. The short man mentally rubbed his hands together in glee at the thought of eating something so unhealthy for once. Baekhyun favored lighter fare due to a sensitive stomach, and Suho had always been a nag about appearances and only eating things worthy of their position in life. Not to mention, his ex liked to make subtle or at times not so subtle cracks about his weight. Kyungsoo was all about enjoying food in all its forms, feeling that one couldn’t properly appreciate anything without being able to enjoy everything.

                Kyungsoo and Jongin were scrolling through the tv menu and discussing what movie to watch when there was a knock on their door. Leaving the younger man to choose, the older went to answer since he assumed it was the pizza delivery person. It was, but Warren was with him, wearing a huge grin and holding a bag.

                “Mister Do?” the pizza guy asked, looking somewhat doubtful he was in the right place. Well, Kyungsoo supposed it was a little unusual to deliver pizza to such a fancy hotel, or at least to the honeymoon suite.

                “That’s me. Thank you. Wait a minute and I’ll get your tip.”

                Kyungsoo took the box so the young man wouldn’t have to hold it, and went to set it on the coffee table near Jongin before getting his wallet. He’d paid for the pizza on his card, but liked to give tips in cash and directly to the person so he knew they actually got their money.

                “Here you go.”

                The pizza delivery person looked stunned. “Th-thank you Mister Do! Enjoy your honeymoon!” He turned and left, while Kyungsoo held in a snicker at the kid’s face. He figured he’d earned a bit extra for trekking all the way to the top floor. He turned to Warren, who was impatiently dancing in place.

                “Hello Warren, it’s nice to see you again. What can I do for you? Or, is there something the matter?”

                “Oh, no no no Mister Do! Nothing is wrong. It’s just, your wedding photo and DVD are finished so I was asked to bring them when I escorted your pizza. You also forgot your copy of the paperwork with the hotel for your wedding, well except your marriage license. I heard you took that, and the brochures. Apparently, you both found them quite funny from what I heard. Oh, and since you and Mister Kim didn’t have your wedding breakfast since you were both so tired, I brought a certificate instead. Just take it to the dining room and give it to your waitress.”

                Warren handed the bag over to Kyungsoo, who wondered if the DVD would shed some light on how he and Jongin ended up husbands.

                “Thank you Warren.”

                “No problem Mister Do. Congratulations to you and Mister Kim. Or, are you both Mister Do or Mister Kim now?”

                Not wanting to burst the boy’s bubble since he seemed so genuinely happy for them, Kyungsoo opted for part of the truth without telling him the wedding was an accident.

                “No, we kept our names. In our home country of South Korea the wife keeps her family name rather than changing to her husband’s. Now gay marriage isn’t legal there, but I doubt one of the husbands, or wives would take the other’s name if it were either.”

                “Oh, okay. Thank you for explaining to me Mister Do. Can I do anything else for either of you?”

                “No, I think we’re set. Thank you.”

                “My pleasure. Have a good night.”

                Kyungsoo shut the door behind Warren and headed for the couch to join an apologetic-looking Jongin, who was already on his second slice.

                “Sorry Soo. I smelled it, and I couldn’t help myself.”

                Kyungsoo smiled. “Don’t worry about it. It’s there to eat, not look at. Warren brought us more stuff. Apparently we have a wedding photo and DVD, and we can get our wedding breakfast in the hotel restaurant if we actually manage to get up in the morning, not that I’m complaining if we don’t I have such a charming person keeping me company.”

                “So, are we gonna watch the DVD for clues?”

                “I thought so, if you want to.”

                “Why not? All the movies on tv are half over or stupid. I think we’ll have better luck later.”

 

                It took Kyungsoo a minute how to figure out how the Blu-ray player opened, and Jongin had to fight with the remote to get the right setting on the tv, but they managed. The short man had just settled on the couch with his own pizza when the words “Kyungsoo Do & Jongin Kim Say “I Do” followed by the date appeared on the screen. Then there was a shot of them in a room Kyungsoo didn’t recognize, where they were dressed in the white clothes Jongin had found mostly on the floor, holding hands and giggling slightly while walking down a white runner between two short rows of pews to a canned version of The Wedding March before stopping in front of a sleepy-looking man in robes. What followed was the familiar recitation of vows, obviously adapted for their situation since neither was a woman so wouldn’t be a wife.

                Kyungsoo found himself rather disappointed. It was such an extraordinary situation he thought only happened in cheesy movies and Katy Perry songs he wouldn’t have been surprised if aliens and the actual Elvis Presley had showed up. Instead, it was an older, balding man who Kyungsoo suspected had a pot belly hidden under his robes the way they were draped. Still, had he known what he was doing and he was getting married to stay married, it’s what he thought he would’ve wanted, no muss, no fuss, no guests other than the officiate and to his surprise Cathy, who was smiling and held out her hand when it came time for them to exchange rings and kiss, if the pathetic dry peck on screen even counted.

                “Well, glad we didn’t miss anything juicy” Jongin commented once it was over. “We still don’t know how or where, or where’d we get those outfits or rings, but I’d hate to think we didn’t remember our first kiss. I’m definitely going to remember the real first kiss though, and everything afterward.”

                Kyungsoo blushed and took a big bite of pizza so he wouldn’t have to answer for a minute. Jongin wouldn’t be the only one who remembered.

                “Aw, my sweet husband Kyungsoo is blushing” Jongin grinned, even as he took more pizza.

                “And it’s all your fault my Darling, my Baby” Kyungsoo retorted, but he was smiling as well. He was also surprised at himself. Pet names weren’t really his thing. It had taken him years to even call Baekhyun Baek, and had never referred to Suho as anything but Suho or his real name, and certainly had never called his other boyfriends anything cute. He couldn’t seem to help it with Jongin however, and the younger man certainly didn’t seem to mind. It was almost as though they were going to stay married and be an adorkable couple who were always stuck together, and he couldn’t say he minded the idea, even if he knew it wasn’t going to happen.

                “Hey Sweetheart, you’re doing the pouty face again. Whatever you’re thinking about, don’t. We have pizza, and there’s a marathon of the real Star Wars movies coming up, and we haven’t blown through all the condoms and lube, and starting tomorrow I’ll be your personal guide to the less glitzy parts of Sin City. So, come cuddle me and stuff yourself so you have time to digest before we repeat earlier.”

                Deciding Jongin was right, well except for a repeat of earlier if he was actually planning on watching all three of the original Star Wars trilogy since even cut for tv they were about three hours each with commercials, Kyungsoo shoved his less pleasant thoughts into the back of his mind and went to snuggle with his husband, reminding himself of his earlier vow to enjoy it while it lasted.